Shoutbox

where is phoenix 3!? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: where is phoenix 3!? (/showthread.php?tid=57095)

where is phoenix 3!? by chance on 03-17-2006 at 04:30 PM

just been a bit quiet racer, wondering what you are up to... any idea when you'll release p3? also, if there isn't already, maybe you should add in an offline popup... when ppl go offline.

RE: where is phoenix 3!? by M73A on 03-17-2006 at 04:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chance
just been a bit quiet racer, wondering what you are up to... any idea when you'll release p3? also, if there isn't already, maybe you should add in an offline popup... when ppl go offline.

msgplus already does this..
RE: where is phoenix 3!? by prashker on 03-17-2006 at 05:36 PM

read this

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=53869&page=1

RE: where is phoenix 3!? by RaceProUK on 03-17-2006 at 06:48 PM

Things have been quiet from me because I've been busy, not just with Phoenix³, but also uni, and beta testing MP!L. However, I'm currently working on GUI, and when that's ready, I may post some teaser screenies :P

RE: where is phoenix 3!? by absorbation on 03-17-2006 at 06:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Things have been quiet from me because I've been busy, not just with Phoenix³, but also uni, and beta testing MP!L. However, I'm currently working on GUI, and when that's ready, I may post some teaser screenies :P

Great :D Good news to hear (y)
RE: where is phoenix 3!? by chance on 03-17-2006 at 08:43 PM

i know msgplus does that but it's just better to use one plugin than to have msg plus do just one status while having phoenix do the other events. might as well throw in the offline popup ;]

RE: where is phoenix 3!? by RaceProUK on 03-18-2006 at 04:47 PM

What I'm going to do is let users choose which statuses they want to be alerted about, and whether to tell them about blocked contacts or not. That should keep everyone happy :D

RE: where is phoenix 3!? by chance on 03-21-2006 at 12:27 PM

sounds good to me pal.

RE: RE: where is phoenix 3!? by CookieRevised on 03-21-2006 at 01:11 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by M73A
quote:
(...) maybe you should add in an offline popup... when ppl go offline.
msgplus already does this..
i know msgplus does that but it's just better to use one plugin than to have msg plus do just one status while having phoenix do the other events.
Messenger Plus! can notify you about all the other status changes as well...

http://www.msgplus.net/help_tutorials.php?tut=popup-notifications

and also see
CookieRevised's reply to Notification levels
RE: where is phoenix 3!? by chance on 03-22-2006 at 09:56 AM

yes i know Messenger Plus can notify you with other status changes but you have to right click everyones name on msn and go to the Messenger Plus menu > notifications > and set it to show all status there... there isn't an option anywhere in Messenger Plus where you can set it for everyone. gotta do it manually to each person and that sucks.

RE: where is phoenix 3!? by RaceProUK on 03-22-2006 at 01:47 PM

Whereas with Phoenix, it will apply to all contacts ;)

RE: where is phoenix 3!? by CookieRevised on 03-22-2006 at 08:36 PM

ok, you win ;)

Though setting it for every contact in Plus! isn't that hard though (with a bit help of a very small script running thru the contact settings in the registry (which is what Phoenix does... I assume))

RE: where is phoenix 3!? by RaceProUK on 03-22-2006 at 11:58 PM

Nope :P It displays it's own alerts. I wrote my own toasts system so I could display a toast regardless of status if I wanted to. So far, the only use for it is to show a toast confirming a 'Busy' Personalised Status, which is useful info even if you don't wanty toasts displayed when the status is Busy.

Don't worry, that'll be the only use for now ;)

RE: where is phoenix 3!? by chance on 03-23-2006 at 08:57 AM

thank god for this plugin. ain't you just sick of checking the event window to see if someones idle or offline? :]

RE: RE: where is phoenix 3!? by CookieRevised on 03-23-2006 at 05:57 PM

quote:
thank god for this plugin. ain't you just sick of checking the event window to see if someones idle or offline? :]
no, as that is not the logic place to look for it, since there is a much faster way: the contactlist... and you'll see immediatly who is what status whenever you want :p
RE: where is phoenix 3!? by chance on 03-23-2006 at 10:26 PM

nah i'm talking about if you was doing something else away from the contact list and you looked back on it and see your friend has left. see, with the popups you wouldn't have to look at the contact list. you'd see him go offline/away, whatever. i don't wanna have to keep looking at the contact list. the popups get my attention without lookin' at msn.