Shoutbox

Screen Names - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Screen Names (/showthread.php?tid=57098)

Screen Names by superhornet59 on 03-17-2006 at 05:22 PM

Hey, im new here :). i like how the emoticons on here are the same as that of msn (Y). i was wondering, are there any plug-ins or something to let me exceed the normal screen name limit? i like posting pieces of songs or quotes but it always cuts me off just near the end :@. anything out there that can extend that limit?

EDIT: i serched it, and there was a thread where someone said that its impossible because its controlled by microsofts servers. is it possible to have some way of 'fusing' the screen name with the PM sot hat instead of 2 okay sized phrases you could have one big one? just one way i could imagine it being done.

RE: Screen Names by Reaper on 03-17-2006 at 05:38 PM

the only thing that you could, which you kind of mentioned, is to have the rest of the song  or quote in your PM but i dont think theres a way to "fuse" it

[Edit] oh and welcome to the forums

RE: Screen Names by superhornet59 on 03-17-2006 at 05:43 PM

Thanks for the welcome,

you know when you type a message to someone, it shows your screen name, but not PM? any plug ins to show the PM in text?

RE: Screen Names by Reaper on 03-17-2006 at 05:44 PM

i dont think there is. it might be to do with the way messenger is made or something like that. correct me if im wrong

RE: Screen Names by RaceProUK on 03-17-2006 at 06:47 PM

The protocol limits names to 129 characters, and there's no way round it I'm afraid. As for the PSM, it may be possible with a plugin/add-on.

RE: Screen Names by superhornet59 on 03-18-2006 at 02:47 PM

any of such in existance/ in the works? i wish i knew how to make them :(

RE: Screen Names by RebelSean on 03-18-2006 at 03:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by superhornet59
any of such in existance/ in the works? i wish i knew how to make them :(

Not to my knowledge, sorry.
RE: Screen Names by The_Joker on 03-21-2006 at 03:40 PM

You can have long PSMs with SPNG (just type in a convo window "/xpsm <psm here, as long as you want>") or with mess-patch make it up to 500 chars.
One little problem: in the main wondow it cuts off after the normal size (use mouse over to see longer msg or in the convo window), and longer than 500 won't show on ur contacts'.