Shoutbox

Stopping Nudges - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Stopping Nudges (/showthread.php?tid=57150)

Stopping Nudges by Chris4 on 03-18-2006 at 03:40 PM

I know you can disable the conversation from shaking and making the noise when someone sends you a nudge.. by going to Options > Tools > Messages

But is it possible to actually stop people from sending me nudges. Someone on my contacts has MSN Messenger 7.0 and sets his status to busy and sends me multiple nudges. Can I actually stop him from sending them to me or is the above the most I can do? Can't convince them to updrade 8o|

RE: Stopping Nudges by John Anderton on 03-18-2006 at 04:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Can I actually stop him from sending them to me
Ask them not to nudge you unless it is _extremely *important*_ else you'll block em.

Cause tbh thats the actual use of knudges. You want to say something important and the person is doing something else and not noticing your convo, nudge them.
RE: Stopping Nudges by simsgenius on 03-19-2006 at 01:01 AM

well how about if you don't want to block him you keep sending him loads of voice clips then going "oops, sorry, forgot that you can't get them." to wind him up and finally get him to upgrade.

RE: RE: Stopping Nudges by Chris4 on 03-19-2006 at 05:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by simsgenius
well how about if you don't want to block him you keep sending him loads of voice clips then going "oops, sorry, forgot that you can't get them." to wind him up and finally get him to upgrade.

I tried that once, but yeah, i'll try, thanks :P

Edit: He just said "i'll get it now" ... Result! :banana:

Edit2: Hmm.. now I'm getting beaten up because I "tricked him" :lol:
I'm getting beaten up because I told him to upgrade MSN Messenger, good excuse to beat someone up lol.