Shoutbox

Black Lines in game - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Black Lines in game (/showthread.php?tid=57214)

Black Lines in game by Chris4 on 03-20-2006 at 03:13 AM

When I play Gunz Online I get black lines going diagonally across the screen [full screen] and it flickers.

I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced this with any game? I haven't played it in a while and it certainly didn't use to do this. I know I have a crappy on-board nvidia graphics card, but it worked before?

Would of looked on Gunz forum but it's down. :^) Thought you guys might know :P

I tried taking a screenshot but it doesn't show the black lines ... ? If no one noes what I'm talking about, I'll take a picture with my mobile phone and upload it.

RE: Black Lines in game by Birdo on 03-20-2006 at 01:37 PM

hey,

i had a similar problem with a differnt game a while ago,  i tried re - installing my graphics card drivers,  fixed it for a while.  have u upgraded ur graphics card drivers at all???   if u havent try that,   if that doesnt help (like mine didnt),  u may have to invest in a new graphics card.

RE: Black Lines in game by xJ + on 03-20-2006 at 02:09 PM

Yeah, I have this similar problem with a different game. And my graphic card was changed a few days ago. After installing the new driver, my monitor begins to flicker and whenever I open a program, my monitor will change to black screen and back again.
I reinstalled the driver provided with the graphic card but still there're black lines after a while.
Sorry, I can't help you in anyway. This is just my recent experience.

quote:
Originally posted by Birdo
u may have to invest in a new graphics card.

RE: Black Lines in game by Voldemort on 03-20-2006 at 04:21 PM

Well, if you cant take a screenshot with the problem, perhaps it is your monitor. Have you tried with another one?

RE: Black Lines in game by Chris4 on 03-20-2006 at 05:29 PM

I have the latest updates for my graphics card, but I'll reinstall them I guess...

bto: No I havn't tried with another monitor, as I only have one.

Edit: May well be to do with the monitor. This is what it looks like when I take a screenshot...

[Image: gunz9vj.th.png]

And I'm pretty sure if it was a graphics card problem, you would be able to see it in the screen shot [?]

RE: RE: Black Lines in game by Birdo on 03-20-2006 at 10:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I have the latest updates for my graphics card, but I'll reinstall them I guess...

bto: No I havn't tried with another monitor, as I only have one.

Edit: May well be to do with the monitor. This is what it looks like when I take a screenshot...

And I'm pretty sure if it was a graphics card problem, you would be able to see it in the screen shot [?]

ive experienced this problem before, ad i dont know why, but screen shots dont save the graphics image for some reason,
Cause if i remeber right the the screen shot is takeing directly from the buffer ( im pretty sure im correct about that)   

but yes, if it the same prblem as mine, then yes you may get sum improvement from re - installing the drivers for the card, if that doesnt help, then u mayb have to invest in a new graphics card...

sounds harsh, that a few black lines and gliches during game play coiuld be so expensive, but it happens, lol,    my grpahics card burnt out a few months after  the glitching started
RE: Black Lines in game by Jhrono on 03-20-2006 at 11:12 PM

Birdo, not totally correct, it's most probably his monitor since nothing shows up on the screen shot..

RE: Black Lines in game by ShawnZ on 03-20-2006 at 11:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johny
Birdo, not totally correct, it's most probably his monitor since nothing shows up on the screen shot..

the screenshot isn't actually processed and sent, its just an image.. why would it be affected too?
RE: Black Lines in game by Jhrono on 03-20-2006 at 11:36 PM

Forget it, i thought the lines were constant, and not only when playing Gunz..

RE: Black Lines in game by rav0 on 03-21-2006 at 06:08 AM

I'd like to add that this could be either a graphics card or a monitor problem, nothing that has been said do far rules out the possibility.

I think that it's a problem with the graphics card. If the latest drivers give the problem even when reinstalled, try using drivers that are older, or beta drivers. Also try freshly installing the drivers (uninstall the current ones before putting new ones).

The issue might also be fixed by changing the settings of the game (resolution/textures/colours/frame limiter/etc).

RE: Black Lines in game by Mike on 03-21-2006 at 01:10 PM

If your graphic card is supported, then you might try installing the OmegaDrivers (uninstall first old drivers) and see if this happens...

RE: Black Lines in game by Chris4 on 03-22-2006 at 04:47 PM

Ok, I just uninstalled all nvidia drivers.
Restarted computer, then got 'Blue screen of death' :|
Selected 'restore to last known good configuration' (or something like that)
Computer seems to be fine, apart from when I scroll down in FF/IE it lags.
I'll re-install drivers now, thanks for the site Mike.

Edit: Installed all drivers again. Tried the game, still got dodgy black lines :^)
Don't know what the problem could be?

RE: Black Lines in game by Birdo on 03-22-2006 at 11:11 PM

well, chris4, i recommend from previous experiences that u should invest in a new graphics card, ati have a wonderful range of graphic cards   check them out at ATI Homepage

RE: Black Lines in game by Chris4 on 03-24-2006 at 02:47 AM

Thanks everyone. I looked everywhere and finally found my CD for nvidia graphics card and installed the drivers and it worked. The ones from the website didn't seem to work..