Shoutbox

"The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem (/showthread.php?tid=57215)

"The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Tova on 03-20-2006 at 03:16 AM

Hi everyone.

I have an annoying problem. It happens for one or two weeks now. When I log-in, some people are sending me a message but it appears this to them : "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients". When I open up the conversation window double-clicking on the user, at this moment, they can send me messages. When I close the conversation window, they're unable for a second time to send me messages.

My question is : WHY !? Is there a fix ?
I'm well connected to the net, so background programs, WINXP SP2, configured router, very fast connection, MSN 7.5 without any patch or MSG! Plus

Please... help....... I'm tired of this...

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by chuck_str on 03-20-2006 at 12:07 PM

this same problem occers with me some times the only way i know of solveing this problem is to log off and log back onto msn it stops this problem but is not a total soltcion to it

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Tova on 03-22-2006 at 02:45 AM

I found my problem. Stupid "MSN Sniffer", it changes the HOSTS file. What I did is pretty simple : log-out, tools, options, connection : "Start..."

Hehe.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by jewelzsweet on 03-23-2006 at 06:06 AM

I have been getting that for almost a month now. It got really bad so I simply re-dl'd 7.5.0324 and that seemed to fix it for about a week and a half. Now it's back and really bad. Taking like 5 minutes before I can send a message in response. It happens really randomly too.

I tried your option Tova, I hope it works for me.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Unwritten Law on 03-23-2006 at 09:17 AM

if u like jewelzsweet  i will invite you to WLM for no cost cause i have invites so i will give one away to you :D whats your msn email???

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by EvilSeph on 03-25-2006 at 07:28 AM

This problem seems to be a popular one. I ask that anyone who experiences this problem, please reply to this thread. If there is enough demand, I'll bring it to the attention of the MSN Messenger team. Hopefully we can get a fix out for it soon after.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Terry_X on 03-25-2006 at 08:02 AM

when i was on 7.5 i had to re-download msn for it to work for like a month then re-download again to make it work for another month. But when i got WLM its seems ok for some reason.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Menthix on 03-25-2006 at 09:24 AM

Have this problem too sometimes, and that's not only at moments when I'm heavily using my internet connection. It happened to me at times when I wasn't downloading/uploading anything and my connection is very stable. I know at least a few of my contacts have they same problem.

These errors were more common in the past (the days of 3.6 and 4.x), but I haven't seen them for a long time since then. I guess these errors started again when WLM testing begun.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by EvilSeph on 03-25-2006 at 04:08 PM

I ask that you point anyone with this problem to reply to this thread - or post their reply for them. Please be prompt about this, don't take a few months to post a reply and expect me to be able to help you then. Also, the more detail you provide, the greater the chances are for me to poperly explain the issue to them. Yes, I've experienced this myself, but it hasn't been that much of an issue for a while now.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Fanta on 03-25-2006 at 04:43 PM

I never really saw of this as a problem, just as a temporary annoyance. I've got this problem at times, but it's not on a regular basis and I can't seem to find any logical sourse. It just seems to be happening every so often, mostly in conversations with contacts who already suffer connection problems.

For me, it happens more often in one on one conversations then in group convo's, and more often then not the contact I'm talking with suffers from connection problems. That's why I never saw it as a huge problem, I always just thought that it was because my contact had problems again. Usually it's like 2 or 3, sometimes a few more messages in a row that can't seem to be delivered, starting a new conversation seems to be of help and I've restarted WLM once now because of this.

WLM seems to have a lot more trouble with connection errors anyway, perhaps that's something that has to do with this?

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by EvilSeph on 03-25-2006 at 04:53 PM

Care to elaborate on your last sentence?

I need more details!!! :P

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Menthix on 03-25-2006 at 05:06 PM

Something I noticed related to this:

Sometimes you will get the "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" message while the message actually DOES get delivered. I noticed this when I was re-sending a message because I got the warning message. My contact started to complain why I said that line twice.

But on the other hand... MUCH more irritating… Sometimes you DON'T get the "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" warning and the message still doesn't get send :s. I had this at least twice, ask segosa :p.

As far as I can tell these errors aren't caused by connection problems on the user's side. At least not every time I encountered them.

It does look like this kind of errors started to occur more since WLM testing started.... I see this kind of errors way more now then I used to see them like a half year ago. This is what Fanta meant too, I think.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by TrooPDoG™ on 03-26-2006 at 04:10 AM

I get this problem to. But only with one contact its really strange.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by jewelzsweet on 03-27-2006 at 11:48 PM

EvilSeph, it has gotten to the point that I cannot carry on a normal conversation with my contacts. It is becomming such an anger inducing thing that I am so tempted to stop using it.

I've re-dl 7.5 twice now since my last post in this thread and still I get the "following message cannot...." Sometimes, it's only twice per a 20 minute convo and sometimes it's EVERY single sentence i try to send. And sometimes it takes literal minutes before i can send again, and it's not a case of me just spamming the same setence, i try to wait 30 seconds before I try again. It is so frustrating.

It's also affecting my friends, but to a much smaller degree. They don't use messenger as much as I do, so that could be it as well. But they are complaining about it to me.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by RebelSean on 03-28-2006 at 12:32 AM

I've informed the development team of this thread, awaiting a reply :).

RE: RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Fanta on 03-28-2006 at 12:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
Care to elaborate on your last sentence?

I need more details!!! :P

I used to have severe connection problems, disconnecting from the net all over the place, causing WLM to crash quite a few times.

RebelSean, if EvilSeph is already on this, then why do you come out of nowhere to notify anyone of this thread? Unless I'm much mistaken, he already made a point of collecting this information for the exact same reason.
RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by RebelSean on 03-28-2006 at 12:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fantaloonastic

RebelSean, if EvilSeph is already on this, then why do you come out of nowhere to notify anyone of this thread? Unless I'm much mistaken, he already made a point of collecting this information for the exact same reason.

Because he didn't know which one to report, on top of that there was a request for new problems that had not yet been talked about on the newsgroups thus I told Rob about this.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by stanace on 08-22-2006 at 01:40 AM

Hmm.. Posting a late reply but anyways..
I've been having the "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:" problem a lot lately on WLM. In fact, after the first message sent, the rest all seem to have that problem. I've looked this up on several sites but I don't see a potential solution anywhere...
Does this have anything to do with the new protocol WLM uses or is it just my router?

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by StrawberrehKisses on 09-30-2006 at 12:46 PM

Hello. I am having a problem with Windows live Messenger.
When i sign in and i want to talk to someone, it says 'The following message could not be delivered to all recipients' and then shows my message.

It just recently happened and is getting quite annoying. I never really saw it as something That big.. but now it's getting in my way quite often.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Snarkninja on 02-26-2007 at 07:04 PM

Grrrr this stupid problem is so annoying.  First of all I can send drawing messages just not text ones and second it does this to most of my contacts not just yahoo contacts.  I try repairing the program but it doesn't do anything and I try signing in again and nothing is solved.  Anytime I text I get the same message   "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" it looks really similar of a problem to this threads so I don't know whats going on.  It would be nice if there was a fix for this ridiculous problem.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Superenigmatix on 03-26-2007 at 08:19 PM

With a fine connection and nothing uploading or downloading I frequently get this problem

First it seems to target one or two contacts. Then everyone sometimes, sometimes not. Right now, I cannot send a single message to a single contact. Most of the time when this happens I can at least send handwritten messages (and I really cant' see the logic in why that works and text doesn't) but now not that either.

This is an old problem, but this is Windows Live Messanger! SORT IT OUT!

EDIT: I should add my freinds and other contacts are beginning to get this problem too.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by [B]roken.[Hearts] on 03-29-2007 at 12:00 PM

Im getting this problem a lot. And even more so the problem that it doesnt tell me my messages wern't deliverd. Im also not recieving peples messages and it doesnt tell them it cant be deliverd.

Sometimes it works ok with some people. Other times it doesnt. It starts with 1 or 2 contacts..and sometimes it fixes itself after a while..or it spreads to most of my contacts (yahoo and msn ones) and no messages get deliverd. Hours later they all come through at once.

Ive experienced no time limit on this (meaning it isnt happening at specific times. just randomly) and have had the problem for at least 3 months. Gradually getting worse.

I have checked my computer for virus's, spywear and everything else. Ive cleaned out my files and cookies. Ive repaired the program and tried re-downloading and installing a few times. Nothing so far as has worked. Ive also tried 3 different internet connections and got the same thing! So it cant be that.

After e-mailing MSN 4 times and getting hardly any help (sick of being told to re-download when that doesnt work!)...i decided to come here for help.

Can someone just conferm that its deffinatly an error on MSN's side? And possibly..if anyone knows..when it will be fixed?

Any help would be appreciated

xx

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Felu on 03-29-2007 at 12:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by [B]roken.[Hearts]
Can someone just conferm that its deffinatly an error on MSN's side? And possibly..if anyone knows..when it will be fixed?

Its not always a problem with Microsoft's Servers. It can also be caused when either your internet drops down or disconnects even  for a second or two. Basically it is caused when a connection between Microsoft's Server and your computer can't be established. No one can tell then when would it be fixed, it just can't be predicted.
RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by [B]roken.[Hearts] on 03-29-2007 at 06:33 PM

Yeh i did think it might be that but ive checked my servers and downloads or anything havent been interupted.

But i got an e-mail from MSN support today saying that they are aware of the problem and trying to fix it ...but they arnt sure what exactly it is

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by pastprecision on 04-13-2007 at 06:03 AM

I registered an account just for this problem!!
I have had this problem in the past, I downloaded the new MSN Messenger and it got rid of the problem for about a month.

It is now come back to haunt me. Please fix it!

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by CTS_AE on 04-27-2007 at 12:31 AM

So this just happened to me, i was iMing then soone invited me to play a game with them, after that all seemed to go down hill there.  I was trying to talk to them during the game and just got lots of "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients.", so now here i am it seems to go in and out or in a patterern at times, but i will just be talking and i get that error, could i have gotten some IMing virus? that could explain for the people that would upgrade and it would work some time for them but they would just get it again, this would make sence because you would still be talking to the same people. but i have a good connection so i dont get it

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by [B]roken.[Hearts] on 04-27-2007 at 11:58 PM

Hmm..im havin an odd problem. Apart from sometimes not delivering messages at all...

its also not delivering certain messages. I can have a conversation perfectly fine.but one or two sentences wont get recieved. But the rest of them do. and no matter how many times i try to resend the message...it just wont get recieved.

does that make sense? i cant find any problem at all with my computer or my msn. as ive said before ive re-downloaded, re-installed, cleaned out temp files and cookies, virus scanned, turned virus walls off ect...

Edit: nevermind..its the .SCR filter that stopped it

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by 91919191 on 05-07-2007 at 02:04 PM

"The following message could not be delivered to all recipients"...i started to have this problem in January. it's getting so frustrating. I can't have a decent conversation without re-typing my lines several times. It's getting worse, now i can't respond to all my contacts and am using Web Messenger instead...Also, have problem sending drawings...When will Microsoft do something abt it? WLM is like a redundant program in my computer now, otally paralysing my conversation with my frens...I can't reply at all...!!!

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by gatheringstorm on 05-13-2007 at 06:03 AM

oh man i am having the same problems with this and it only just started recently. i have NEVER had any problem before with it. does anyone have ANY tips at all, this is driving me fucking nuts. 

when you said it was the .scr whatever, broken hearts, could you please elaborate?

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by CookieRevised on 05-13-2007 at 09:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gatheringstorm
when you said it was the .scr whatever, broken hearts, could you please elaborate?
Messenger will not send certain texts. This is because of its buildin security/safety filter against possible virusses which includes filenames with a .PIF or .SCR extension for example. So if you have typed a text with those words in it, the text will not be send.
RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Grumle on 05-13-2007 at 09:16 AM

I'm having this problem... Just installed WLM 8.1.0178 on my new laptop. Since then, specific contacts hasn't been able to write me ,especially wife who's working on assignment far away *-)

Even the old laptop MSN doesn't work. Some person's can write, but only a few selected.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by MattyRid on 05-13-2007 at 09:26 AM

I'd be saying it's a server issue for some of us...seems to be coming up most of the time tonight...and I've only been home 1 hour.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by foxcro on 05-13-2007 at 10:16 AM

Anyone still has this problem ? Noone can send me a message if I don't start the conversation ..:S:S
Did anybody find the solution ? :(:(:(:(:(

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Grumle on 05-13-2007 at 10:29 AM

I tried creating another account. Worked for those that could not send me msg's. Then back to my normal account, then some of those that could write to me before can't and vica versa....

Wierd max, but agreed this must be problems related to the account server.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by jubal on 05-13-2007 at 02:11 PM

This has been happening for my partner recently too - it started on Trillian but it has continued after installing the latest WLM. We've tried two different machines and two usernames (including a new hotmail account generated today).

If people message her, we get "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients."

If she messages us first, we can then have a normal conversation.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by tommychimp on 05-13-2007 at 03:48 PM

Its happened to me too, some of the contacts can send messages to and from me easily but im having trouble sending to other contacts, which is very annoying. Wasnt working on windows messenger 7.5 or WLM

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by MeEtc on 05-13-2007 at 04:07 PM

I too have just received a bunch of these messages, but the contact has still received my messages. I have never had this problem before, so I'm guessing its most likely a server issue.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by user13774 on 05-13-2007 at 04:48 PM

Same story here... Since yesterday or something my contacts received these messages. They send something and I don't receive it. It is indeed very annoying.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Oxy on 05-13-2007 at 04:51 PM

Confirmed. About half of my contact list are having problems.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by tommychimp on 05-13-2007 at 07:25 PM

seems video calls are an issue aswell

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by andychin777 on 05-14-2007 at 07:39 AM

ehhh im having the same problem as everyone else... does anyone have a answer to this or should someone just give MSN a call and ask what the hell is up?

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by MattyRid on 05-14-2007 at 07:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andychin777
ehhh im having the same problem as everyone else... does anyone have a answer to this or should someone just give MSN a call and ask what the hell is up?

server issue so
quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid from [url
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=74351]not[/url] really much unless you keep bugging Microsoft...not that I recommend doing it as I'm sure they are currently flooded with angry users.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by daveeeuk on 05-14-2007 at 08:24 AM

I have an almost constant Live Messenger link to a contact in Canada and this problems seem to getting worse. Messages are unable to be sent to me unless I talk first then it seems ok for a while. If there is gap in the conversation the problem starts again and my contact gets the error message that the messages cant be delivered. It started when I bought a new laptop 3 months ago and then the problem was missing text and white screens instead of webcam links.
Is there any common link here. I have Norton 2007 (which I hate) which was preinstalled, I have even disabled Norton from protecting Messenger with no effect. I have a Netgear Rangemax router  which is WPA protected.  I disabled its firewall in case there was a conflict with Norton to no avail. I am constantly trying new MPU settings and have it on 1472 at the moment on which it worked fine for several days. Now the problem is back. Technical support have been no use what is the answer.
:S

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by snazzld on 05-14-2007 at 11:52 AM

Hi, I'm using MSN Mac Messenger on Mac OS X 10.4, and I'm experiencing severe problems these few days where my contacts receive "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" almost all the time, unless I send a message to them first. And even so, the problem begins if they don't reply after awhile. This is becoming a major problem and I hope it will be fixed soon, thanks.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by xtzy on 05-14-2007 at 12:07 PM

I'm also having this problem! It only affects me in a conversation with a single contact, all conversations with other contacts are fine. It seems that when I do not talk to that particular contact for a long time the messages I send afterwards will be unable to be delivered. I can only talk to her when she starts a conversation!

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Skyline on 05-14-2007 at 12:41 PM

The same problem here, im going grazy of this :S
2-3 weeks.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by auntyem on 05-14-2007 at 03:31 PM

For me it just started today (5/14).  I can't send but can receive.  Add me to the list.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Cartox on 05-14-2007 at 04:27 PM

I have the same problem for 3 days now

Contacts can't talk to me unless i start a conversation first
It all started with an DNS error

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Binsky on 05-14-2007 at 05:05 PM

I have the same problem over here in the Netherlands, but am having it from work (v7.5) and home (8.1).

I can receive messages, but get the "could not be delivered" thingy when I want to send anything. The message comes in different intervals, if that helps any. (sometimes it's really quick, sometimes it takes a while to pop up, nearing a minute)

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by daveeeuk on 05-14-2007 at 05:14 PM

I think there are enough of us for you to bring this to the attention of the MSN Live Messenger team, lets have some action!
Most of the people I know seem to be having problems. Yahoo messenger works fine so it is an MSN problem.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Omer on 05-14-2007 at 05:37 PM

Add me to the list as well...
With some people I have no problem sendind & receiving messages, but with others I cannot start a conversation, only if they contact me first I can respond.
I've tried creating a new account, but I still have the problem when trying to send messages to these specific people.
I really hope it will be solved soon...

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by foxhole on 05-14-2007 at 06:12 PM

Yup, got same kind of problems too..  And many other contacts of mine have these problems as well. I do hope something will be done as quickly as possible.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by lady_raven on 05-14-2007 at 06:35 PM

Still going on now in some cases my messages are sent back in other cases my friends can't message me

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Rowdy on 05-14-2007 at 07:11 PM

We have the same problem..   We haven't been able to use Live messenger with positive results for 4 days now.  Always the same thing.    The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:
  getting VERY old......

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by comawhite015 on 05-14-2007 at 07:59 PM

Very glad this isn't just me. Bloody hell, how annoying.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Cartox on 05-14-2007 at 09:32 PM

Suddenly people started talking to me..
I checked my conctactlist and all my contacs are moved to "other contacts"

so i guess they have fixed my account ,cuz everything seems to be in order now..

just to let you guys know..

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Oxy on 05-14-2007 at 09:40 PM

My problems are starting again...

quote:
Originally posted by Cartox
so i guess they have fixed my account

Lol?.. I doubt that's the case..
RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" -->SOLUTION by nicole9922 on 05-15-2007 at 03:29 AM

well, i did encounter the same problems since 3 days ago and it's really going drive me crazy. People unable to send message to me and keep getting the error "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients", where I can send others message but they keep getting above message when they're trying to nudge or message me. It seems that I've all the problems from the incoming TCP packets!
I tried unintall, and reinstall again and switching from MSN Messenger 7.5 to Windows Messenger Live recommended by one of my frens and still no work! So, I came to the final decision to reformat my laptop just to enable me to chat with my contacts.
I did a last try to backup and delete my message log, which is by default stored in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Received Files\.
Then I uninstall my Messenger Live, restart PC, and reinstall again.
FINALLY IT WORKS! and things got back to normal. Just paste the backup message log back to the usual directory and you still get back your message logs!
Guys, there you go..try it up!
Cheerz.. =)

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by jubal on 05-15-2007 at 07:19 AM

It works because they've started fixing accounts. My partner's has been working today (I actually got a message from Live support admitting that their servers were having problems).

Don't reformat your PC's people - just wait for your account to be repaired.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by daveeeuk on 05-15-2007 at 08:18 AM

Yes I agree. ALL these fixes may appear to work for a short time but this problem comes back every time. I have spent 12 weeks and tried every option and every setting. It IS a MSN problem, some bug in their system no doubt. I suggest you use Yahoo Messenger until it is fixed. We have MSN on with webcams and the Yahoo Messenger box over the top of it to send messages and it is 100% ok.
I have had many contacts with this problem and all of them say how frustrating it is trying to find where the support line is in MSN and some give up through lack of time, why cant they just have a simple easy to find link for real technical support?? When tec supprt do write to them they ask for such technical details ie screen shots and offer hard to understand solutions that they again just give up. I have several  letters from msn to which I replied (every time it came from a different adviser eg Grace, Peter, David, Larrence) which does not impress me.   Please MSN realise we are not all technically minded and use a little more sense, read other messageboards etc and  watch for these problems starting as I did 3 months ago. You would have then realised there was a problem instead of blaming Spyware and other such basic things and not offering assurances on the issue to your customers 

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by nicole9922 on 05-15-2007 at 09:30 AM

I'm very doubt to the fate that they're fixing accounts. When I was having this problem, i tried signing in using my sis's laptop and i have no problems at all~ therefore, I can only doubts that with some of my files or settings of the softwares that resides in my own pc, when i signing in and get connected to microsoft servers, things start going wrong. I have no idea of how it actually works.
Can some expert can answer?

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by xtzy on 05-15-2007 at 11:39 AM

Well, my problem has not been fixed and it's still the same problem with one single contact. I can only talk to her for a short while after she replies me and after that she can't receive my messages again unless she talks! "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" message only comes out after a long while, about 5 minutes or more. This is getting really annoying because I don't even know whether she got my message and she has to constantly talk to me so I can reply her.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by MattyRid on 05-15-2007 at 11:46 AM

Well mine seems to be fixed...but remember we are talking on a scale of over 150 million users, so time and ensuring that the fix works is the key, you can't always expect it to be fixed overnight, plus making all these posts over the same thing starts becoming useless. I mean we all know that there is a problem, what do you achieve by posting? if you are frustrated by it, contact Microsoft through Help->Send feedback or http://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlm...byemail&ct=eformts

and if you don't give full details and explain anything and everything that has been happening all you will get a stock standard technical answer. That's why you should state everything and anything to not get a stock standard answer.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Fat-Donkey on 05-29-2007 at 08:47 AM

Hi, yes i am having the exact same problem as most of you. Sometimes i send a message to one of my contacts, they don't reply and i get a message once they're offline which says 'you're message could not be delivered to daniel', for example. I dunno why this is but if you like you can contact me through my MSN email addy listed in my profile We could talk about the problem we are having or something.

I would really like to solve this as much as you. I get real frustrated and it kinda seems like it blocks me from communicating with my contacts at times.   

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by CTS_AE on 08-04-2007 at 06:13 AM

i was not able to even have conversations at all either like some of you, it seems like when it happens it happens and only gets wrose

My GOOD NEWS
ok well i exited WLM i did a repair on my connection and then disabled it and then started it back up through windows, after i got on all was fixed

Some things I have that others that might have same issues...

WinPCap - network analyser few programs use this
Plus Scripts

PPL list somethings you might have installed that could possibly affect this or if you have the same stuff as I

i run many servers.. surely thats not what everybody else is doing....

ummm there are multiple ppl on my connection and two of us are using WLM except i think this happens even when one is just on.

I have also heard ideas of ppl just ending up on a bad msn server..... so that could be a big possiblility there too because i tried running my connection throug my friends internet using a proxy and taht didnt help

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by privateyecandy on 08-12-2007 at 10:38 AM

this is really annoying, it irritates the heck out of me.
This is definitely not an connection problem. because I HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM, at work, at home, at the hotel, anywhere I go. In Germany, in Switzerland, in United States, in Brazil. Using windows XP, vista... In different computers...
gee.. This is a hassle.....It's so annoying, can't send messages for hours,  and it seems to happen only when I engage into important conversations... please somebody fix this.
Can't live without messenger:P

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Ricsta on 10-16-2007 at 05:03 PM

Hi Guys

Now im not 100% sure if this solves it but hey it worked for me.

I have tryed logging in and out of msn, restarting pc but still getting  "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients"

Now what i have done is exit msn and i deleted my chat logs folder which for me is located in recieved files.
The folder was like 69mb so im guessing there was alot of big chat logs in there.

After deleted the folder my msn is now working fine.

Im using WLM and everything is now going smooth, fingers crossed it stays ok now.

It would explain why everything else worked fine like using the drawing tool and webcam .etc because they dont get logged.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanx and good luck

Ricsta

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Black Rose on 11-11-2007 at 05:05 PM

Hey Ricsta

I tried your way and it is working :)

Thanks a lot ,, you are the best (Y)

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by jadawin on 11-15-2007 at 08:27 PM

Well, definitely not a 'connection throughput' sort of thing.

I just had it come up on a person who was disconnected, but only on the FOURTH message I sent them.

So, it's a problem between me, and MSN. :)

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by tgyamibakura on 01-15-2008 at 11:54 PM

HI. I know this thread is rather old, but the problem still persists. I'm running WLM 8.5 with Messenger Plus. I get the annoying "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" and it's really ruining everything.

The only way i got this to stop is deleting Messenger Plus completely

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by dario.petrinic@ri. on 02-10-2008 at 09:46 PM

Same problem to me.
It starts to show 3 days ago.

but they can send me message but i cant.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Tiger-Zer0 on 02-16-2008 at 12:51 AM

I tried using Ricsta's technique it worked.
Over 89mb in my chatlogs, exited msn. Moved my chatlogs out of the chatlog file, opened msn. No problems. Thanks Ricsta.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by dario.petrinic@ri. on 02-16-2008 at 01:23 AM

my chatlogs where empty. I fixed it by Windows System Recovery and it worked.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by daryll_s on 02-17-2008 at 03:40 PM

it sometimes happens to me, but to only one of my friends, its annoying and havent yet found a way to solve it.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by MadAtMSN on 02-22-2008 at 06:21 PM

This drives me insane.  It only happens when I chat with someone who is using Yahoo.
But I get the same problem and they have no problems sending me messages, I just can't reply back.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, the latter more.
Ridiculous.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by martinjabou94 on 02-23-2008 at 05:21 PM

Hey guys, this is not a problem. You see this happens when the person you are trying to contact has recently logged in using a netmessenger such as ebuddy, meebo, or msn webmessenger, when they log in and do not press sign out but just close the window, they remain signed in but they are not REALLY online, therefore when you send them a message their computer is not receiving it so you get the error message "* The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:". I hope this has answered your questions.

RE: RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Scizz on 02-23-2008 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by martinjabou94
Hey guys, this is not a problem. You see this happens when the person you are trying to contact has recently logged in using a netmessenger such as ebuddy, meebo, or msn webmessenger, when they log in and do not press sign out but just close the window, they remain signed in but they are not REALLY online, therefore when you send them a message their computer is not receiving it so you get the error message "* The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:". I hope this has answered your questions.
Uhm, not really. This also happens when you have talked to a contact for a pretty long while, they didn't sign out any time in that time, and haven't been on web messenger at all.
RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by dbgarza on 02-25-2008 at 02:40 AM

I have been having this problem two since a day ago, my chat log folder isn't big it is just 5 MB long so I doubt is that, also the odd thing is that it rejects one message but when I retype it or copy and paste it and send it again this time it goes through.

This is really annoying -_-

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by shannyamsn on 03-07-2008 at 04:33 AM

This started happening to me yesterday, and now I can barely get a single message out to ANY of my contacts, DLing the newest version of WLM seemed to fix it last night for an hour or so, then it started happening again.

This is with other hotmail contacts, I run Windows Vista Enterprise, I have to Load up Business on my laptop soon (has to do with school)

anyways, this is getting really annoying.  I had to tell my friends to send me messages on AIM for christs sake.  this is really ticking me off!

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Sokatsui on 03-08-2008 at 04:54 PM

I really don't know anymore when it started happening to my messenger, but it is just as anyone here said already:
I can't send any message to anyone or they can't reply to my posts.
This keeps happening randomly.
Even logging out and back in again doesn't solve anything, tough...

It would really appreciate it, if someone could set up a patch or something, that solves this problem.

PS: I'm sorry if I messed up with this post. Actually I'm german XD

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Dunge on 03-09-2008 at 07:10 AM

Hi there,

The thread is becoming a mess of different problems/solutions. Here is my situation: About once a week (last ~1day) about one message on 5 I send to someone I receive the "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" message instantly. I can just copy/paste my sentence multiple time until it don't reply this error and it will pass. This happens to every contact, and they don't have problems.

I though this might be about my wireless connexion, since I once reseted the router and it worked afterward (for a while). But now I come here and I've read multiple solutions.

1. Disconnect/repair connexion/reset router ---> don't fix
2. Erase logs ---> don't fix
3. Erase msgplus --> don't fix
4. Erase WinPCap ---> don't fix

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by SylenThunder on 03-13-2008 at 12:52 PM

I have been having this same issue for a long time. It's mostly when I talk to my wife.

I am using WLM Build 8.5.1302.1018

she us using MOC 2006 Version 1.0.559.224

Attached is a log that I generated, I don't understand it, but maybe someone will.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by CookieRevised on 03-14-2008 at 03:37 PM

Better not post that log in public; it may contain vital personal information. You better contact MS and upon request send them the log.

Contactlist menu > Help > Send Feedback

---

this goes for other people too. Although some issues with "cannot send message" are due to stuff wich could be fixed by yourself, many times the issues are on the side of the servers. We cannot help you with that.

And if the WLM people do not know about these issues or how frequent they occur, they can't take a look at it.

So, for most people, report these issues to MS directly:
Contactlist menu > Help > Feedback

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by SonatArcticA on 03-19-2008 at 12:34 AM

i think i may have a lead on the root of the problem.
my friend had the same problem for weeks now, today she tried to delete her Mcafee anti virus, and after uninstalling it and restarting the pc, MSN started sending msges again without any problem.
so if any of you have Mcafee anti virus, that might be the problem.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by -marty-2k8- on 03-30-2008 at 02:48 PM

does anybody know what to do, this has been occurring since my sister came off the computer and i blamed it on her lol..:@

its so annoying and i need to send the same response a whole load of times for it to be sent.:S

can anybody help me?:(

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by tankd0g on 06-22-2008 at 04:40 PM

Count me in too, It's happened many times but this past 4 days I can not get past it, I can send people messages but they can not reply and it's not the same for every contact in the list.  Tried multiple versions on several computers in multiple locations, it's definitely a server problem.  I think I'm going to have to dump the ID I've had for 8 years.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by CookieRevised on 06-24-2008 at 04:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tankd0g
I think I'm going to have to dump the ID I've had for 8 years.
That isn't going to solve anything at all. Server problems like this can occur on any account, including new ones.

If the problem doesn't go away I suggest you contact Support. That is the only way this is going to be solved.

If nobody bothers to report this kind of issues (and switching accounts or making new ones instead) then such issues will never ever get a high priority, or even worse, it wont get noticed by Microsoft.

Again, switching accounts is not going to solve it.

;)

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by SoNotHOLLYWOOD on 10-23-2008 at 08:40 AM

I gave up and  installed Trillian, you can log into msn, yahoo , aol and icq all at the same time, bye bye msn

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Nagamasa on 10-23-2008 at 11:58 AM

What seemingly worked for me yesterday was to reset the handshaking data, with the code Cookie provided.

Search up eternally spinning, and click on CookieRevised's post. It worked for me.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Jess Maree on 11-30-2008 at 12:40 PM

OK, I *just* joined to I could tell you all what appears to be my problem. I use WLM 8.0 (methinks) and I had this problem for AGES. So, I went into control panel/uninstall a program/and chose to repair WLM. Problem is gone for the time being.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by RexHunter99 on 01-29-2009 at 11:22 PM

Heya, I registered here to report my problem which is absolutely driving me insane and is making my life miserable :(

I have a girl friend who lives in the states and I HAVE to use MSN (or WLM or whatever) to talk with her.  She appears offline 90% of the time because of some harassing people who use MSN to cause her grief.  And recently (I've noticed this happens to people when there's a new update or testing version of MSN/WLM) I can't talk to her even if she's online!  It's absolutely crap.
I send a message to her and I know she's online, but I get an error about the message not being able to get through.

Has there been a fix to this?  I can't update to the latest version because I have to use the Guest account to even get on this computer so I'm literally stuck in shit with that...

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by CookieRevised on 01-29-2009 at 11:54 PM

What she can (must) do to prevent some people harassing her is blocking those people. Also, make sure she has set the option "Only people on my Allow list can see my status and send me messages" in her Messenger-options, in the Privacy categorie.

Also, she can log in using the status "Appear Offline". In that way, nobody can contact her, but she can initiate a chat with her contacts (eg: you).

As for your own problem: Do you use Messenger Plus!? If so, try to uninstall it and see if the problem persists. You probably need administrating powers to uninstall it though.

If you don't use Messenger Plus!, or the problem hasn't gone away when uninstalling it, the first thing todo is to report the problem to Microsoft: https://support.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=wlmessenger
However, I just noticed that some smart guy has redirected those "select your WLM version"-links to the help pages instead of the support pages. DOH! So until that is fixed, no support.
However, you can send a feedback form. In that way MS knows that yet another person has troubles with delivering messages. It is time they look into this, deeply, as this kind of thing happens way too often in my personal opinion.

So, unfortunatly the error "can't deliver the message" can be caused by a lot of things. Try to read this thread, many solutions are already given for various situations. I suggest to try them all.

If all else fails, the thing you can try is to use the web messenger: http://webmessenger.msn.com/. Do you get the same errors there?

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by RexHunter99 on 02-03-2009 at 08:40 PM

Thanks for replying.

I'm quite capable with computers and software so I've all ready tried a multitude of things >.> none of my attempts succeeded sadly.  I'll see if she can do what you said though and if I can uninstall MSN+ later.

Thanks.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by exzyner on 03-28-2009 at 02:02 PM

Hi everyone.

I have been getting the "The following message could not be delivered to the recipient" error. Basically, whoever i message WILL not receive my message, but on the contrary, i can receive messages from others. Adding on, if someone messages me, i can send back messages, but if he/she were to close the chat conversation, i will then no longer be able to send he/she messages until he/she messages me again. This problem has been bugging me for about 4 days already.

I mean, is there a fix for this or something as this is seriously annoying. Help is appreciated. Thanks!

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by kaykhanittha on 07-01-2009 at 08:07 PM

Hello,

Is there a definitive solution?

Thanks a lot !

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by jt-owns on 12-23-2010 at 09:57 AM

HI,
someone has already probably posted this but i have had the same problem, don't connect through wifi, connect through a ethernet/network cable...
Hope this helps...

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by Sycophantism on 08-23-2011 at 04:31 AM

I was looking around for a solution to this very same problem-- as I'm sure many before me have. I have an alternate e-mail address that I use for work and tried signing on there to talk to someone that my messages just wouldn't send to; the exact same issue persisted on the alternate e-mail account. It was driving me nuts, but when I signed back on to my main account, my messages sent successfully to the same person I've been trying to contact. Not sure if this will help, since it could just be a one-time thing, a fluke, but I'm going to try it next time and see if it works again. I'll edit this with whatever results I find next time.

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by whiz on 08-27-2011 at 04:06 PM

This thread is 5 years old, I don't know if this is caused by the same problem as what was originally posted...

Still, I haven't seen this problem in a long time, except for when I expect the message to appear (such as sending to addresses that don't exist, etc.).  What version of Messenger (and Plus! if you use that too) have you got?

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem by MultiMatsuki on 12-14-2012 at 09:45 PM

Solution:
Open "Internet Explorer"
yes that famous browser :P
den browse whatever you want in there for like 1 min or so.
Then go back to your MSN and you'll see that the "message not delivered" thing would have disappeared and everything will be back to normal :)
Worked for me, just give it a try ;)