Shoutbox

high traffic - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: high traffic (/showthread.php?tid=57221)

high traffic by NiteMare on 03-20-2006 at 06:32 AM

anybody else notice that W2M has been getting alot of traffic latly, i keep getting "This server is too busy to handle your request. Please wait and try again later." this had happend a bit over the last few days

RE: high traffic by RebelSean on 03-20-2006 at 06:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
anybody else notice that W2M has been getting alot of traffic latly, i keep getting "This server is too busy to handle your request. Please wait and try again later." this had happend a bit over the last few days

Most likely a DoS :-/.
RE: high traffic by lordy on 03-20-2006 at 06:34 AM

it could also be because they dont have the best of servers, and it hosts messenger-blog, stuffplug and w2m, and w2m has to create the .xml files for statuses etc.

RE: high traffic by NiteMare on 03-20-2006 at 06:34 AM

think someones trying to hack?

RE: high traffic by Discrate on 03-20-2006 at 06:34 AM

quote:

Yep i just got that before when i tryed to send a message. They will prob make the server bigger.
RE: high traffic by NiteMare on 03-20-2006 at 06:35 AM

it messes my sig up:dodgy:

RE: high traffic by lordy on 03-20-2006 at 06:36 AM

they need a new server, that can handle the load that w2m creates, but TB doesnt want to pay extra money for it, which tbh wil have to happen if he wants a new server :undecided:

RE: high traffic by RebelSean on 03-20-2006 at 06:36 AM

quote:
think someones trying to hack?

Probably not. I forgot the fact that there is XML outputs, meaning signatures all over the net could be getting viewed at the same time.
RE: high traffic by J-Thread on 03-20-2006 at 01:39 PM

W2M is just very popular and the servers are really busy. As far as I know they don't earn (much) mony for it, so no money to buy better servers