Shoutbox

can anyone help??? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: can anyone help??? (/showthread.php?tid=57288)

can anyone help??? by xxxxxxsamanthaxxxx on 03-21-2006 at 03:51 PM

hi i need help with msn messenger :| i want to reinstall but i can't....the download bar goes all the way then i get a red cross in it....i have tried to uninstall but i haven't got uninstall msnmsgr on my pc anywhere ^o) i have been to add/remove programmes and msn isn't even in there :o i can get on to msn messengar although i am not sure how i am doing it...must be through passport network or something....i run windows 2000 and had messenger 7.0....i am at my wits end 8o| please help!!! (H)

RE: can anyone help??? by NiteMare on 03-21-2006 at 06:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xxxxxxsamanthaxxxx
the download bar goes all the way then i get a red cross in it
red cross, weird, could you post a screen shot of it please?, and any other errors you might get
RE: can anyone help??? by [MR] on 03-21-2006 at 06:09 PM

when you go to the download page of msn it shows the status bar in the website correct?  well under that there is a link the download it manually.  try that and see or you can click here for a link to msn messenger 7.0 from download.com. 

There is another program that i have at home that I use sometimes to uninstall some sofwares that cant be seen in addremove hardware...ill search for it.

RE: can anyone help??? by Chris4 on 03-21-2006 at 06:26 PM

Download MSN Messenger 7.0 from this link:

MSN Messenger 7.0 for Windows

Then install it. You should be able to repair it and then it should appear in Add/Remove Programs.

RE: can anyone help??? by xxxxxxsamanthaxxxx on 03-21-2006 at 06:56 PM

thanx guys i will try some of these things and let you know how it goes :-)

i clicked on the link msn messenger 7.0 for windows and downloaded it.....IT WORKED :-D ...thank you ever so much xxx