Shoutbox

Set msn to use hadphones only? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Set msn to use hadphones only? (/showthread.php?tid=57327)

Set msn to use hadphones only? by Falcon_p on 03-22-2006 at 11:46 AM

Hopefully this is the right forum.. :P

Details:

2.1 speakers (plugged into the back of the motherboard)
Headphones (plugged into the front panel - normal audio plug)

I'm looking for a way to make windows media player (10) go to the speakers only, and have msn go to the headphones only (voice conversations, sign in sounds, etc).

Any suggestions / ideas / fixes would be greatly appreciated. :)

RE: Set msn to use hadphones only? by hypedupmonkey on 03-25-2006 at 08:34 AM

As far as i'm aware,
if you have a seperate sound card installed, MSN will detect in in the "Audio/Video Setup Wizard". If your headphones are attached in here, you can just select the audio to be routed here. Although, i am not quite sure if this will change it for your computers default settings (and Windows Media Player included).

If you only have one sound card (on the motherboard) which has two headphones ports then I think you shall just have to plug the headphones in when needed. Like my PC, this will then cut off the 2.1 speakers and reroute the electrical signals to the headphones.

Seeing as sign in sounds are part of Windows after installing MSN messenger, they cannot be altered seperately so the default Windows settings for sounds apply to these. They will play either through the speakers or through the headphones depending if they head phones are plugged in.

Sorry, Hope this helped,
Hyped

RE: Set msn to use hadphones only? by Falcon_p on 03-25-2006 at 03:52 PM

Thanks a lot )