Shoutbox

Uninstalling MSG + - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Uninstalling MSG + (/showthread.php?tid=57333)

Uninstalling MSG + by rottiga on 03-22-2006 at 02:18 PM

I want to uninstall MSG+ because I can't use MSN normally with it.
I go in add / remove contacts but my MSN is not come back normal. I can't see any contact.

How uninstalling correctly MSG + ?

RE: Uninstalling MSG + by RaceProUK on 03-22-2006 at 03:43 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=57294
by any chance?

RE: Uninstalling MSG + by rottiga on 03-22-2006 at 04:48 PM

No I was under MSGPlus Live 4.06.03.21 Patchou Edition

RE: RE: Uninstalling MSG + by Vilkku on 03-22-2006 at 04:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rottiga
No I was under MSGPlus Live 4.06.03.21 Patchou Edition

That is a virus, there is no ohter versions than those on msgplus.net. If you didn't back up your contacts, there is no way of getting them back I'm afraid. So, it's the same deal as with the one here.
RE: Uninstalling MSG + by Fanta on 03-22-2006 at 04:58 PM

So that will probably be the same virus, but with a different name as we started warning people for the other name :/  *sigh*  In any case, you need to realise that Messenger Plus! Live is a managed/private BETA. It will not be downloadable until it is ready! The only place for you to download is the official site/official mirrors, any other version you might download is at your own risk.  So do yourself a favor and stop trying to find a leaked version of MP!L because there simply isn't any. And there's no way to get your contact list back either, you'll simply have to add everyone again.

Edit: either need to learn how to type faster or use shorter wording XD

RE: Uninstalling MSG + by RaceProUK on 03-22-2006 at 11:55 PM

Someone may want to report this new name to Mess.be, so they can update their news post.

RE: Uninstalling MSG + by L. Coyote on 03-23-2006 at 12:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Someone may want to report this new name to Mess.be, so they can update their news post.
IMO, they should state that ALL MsgPlus! Live versions out there (not on from msgpluslive.net/msgplus.net, OF COURSE) are viruses. Because if they go by numbers, then the virus-creator will simply change the number over and over again...

Edit: I meant "not versions from msgplus.net/msgpluslive.net". I'd written "not on", which made it sound (IMO) as if the announcement shouldn't be made on the official websites.

Just thought I should clear that up.

RE: Uninstalling MSG + by RaceProUK on 03-23-2006 at 12:06 AM

That's a much better idea TBH ;)

RE: Uninstalling MSG + by themrb on 03-23-2006 at 07:24 AM

You've got a virus, posing as messenger plus.  To get rid of it, run a virus scanner, and I suggest you do so QUICK!

Could you possibly tell us where you heard of the virus, like where you downloaded it from?

RE: Uninstalling MSG + by Chestah on 03-23-2006 at 09:29 AM

Never download any version of Msgplus from a source other then www.msgplus.net . The latest versions of msgplus will be shown on www.msgplus.net and you can ensure that you are not downloading a virus.