Shoutbox

Close All/Group when using tabbed conv. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Close All/Group when using tabbed conv. (/showthread.php?tid=57362)

Close All/Group when using tabbed conv. by zaher1988 on 03-23-2006 at 10:33 AM

Hello there,

I'm lately i started to use the tabbed conversations option in msgplus!. and umm there is some little idea i'd like to share, not sure if someone suggested it before, but in any case i'll explain my concern.

Umm when having like 3 or more tabbed conversation, it will be nice have an option, when right-clicking on the msn part in the taskbar, that says something like close group, or close all. so when we click it all the conversations will be close.

coz it is somehow annoying having to close each conversation alone.

many regards

RE: Close All/Group when using tabbed conv. by Sunshine on 03-23-2006 at 11:58 AM

Quicker way would be for you to open the convo, hold ctrl and click the red X ;)

RE: RE: Close All/Group when using tabbed conv. by Matti on 03-23-2006 at 12:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Quicker way would be for you to open the convo, hold ctrl and click the red X ;)

Hey, I didn't know that one! Thanks again Sunshine! :D
RE: Close All/Group when using tabbed conv. by zaher1988 on 03-23-2006 at 01:28 PM

hmmmmmm;) okieee :P!! hehe still add it anyway:P lol !! like that we have it anywhere! ;):D

RE: Close All/Group when using tabbed conv. by The Brain on 03-24-2006 at 12:16 AM

The "Ctrl + close" feature works from the taskbar aswell. So if you right click the taskbar button of your tabbed conversation window, hold control, and press close, this will close all of tabs in your conversation window. If you have Simlar Taskbar Buttons Grouped (in XP) and have the Contact List Window button there too (and they are grouped), then you have to single left click that, and then right click the conversation window (but I imagine you already knew that).

However, if you right click the Grouped Similar Buttons, and hold Ctrl and click "Close Group" this will send the contact list to the systray, and will only close the front, conversation tab, just as it would without holding Ctrl. I don't imagine that there is much Patchou could do to change that behaviour. But I think the first solution presented here pretty much addresses your desire.