Shoutbox

Countdown for PSM/Nick - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Countdown for PSM/Nick (/showthread.php?tid=57372)

Countdown for PSM/Nick by Salem on 03-23-2006 at 04:02 PM

Would it be possible to have a sort of countdown as your PSM saying something like "xxxx days/weeks/hurs/months till........" That is updated every few hours?

For the nickname version it could add a "xx days/weeks/hours/months" after your set nick name. See my current nickname (in my signature). It is currently "Salem(@) | (O) 3 Weeks". So one could set "Salem(@)" as your set nickname and the script add the "| (O) xx days/weeks/hours/months" at the end.

I think the PSM would be easiest to implement, although having it in nickname would be cool as well. Currently i have to manually update my nick name with the countdown.

I don't have any knowledge of JScript otherwise i'd experiment with it myself.

RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by -dt- on 03-24-2006 at 03:57 AM

veggie has a script that can do this... go ask him for it :P

RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by Veggie on 03-24-2006 at 12:41 PM

ive almost finished the script i will post it soon

RE: RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by Salem on 03-24-2006 at 05:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Veggie
ive almost finished the script i will post it soon

Thanks
RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by Veggie on 03-25-2006 at 01:18 PM

First release,

Download

code:
/*
* ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Countdown PSM Script (Version 1.5)
* Email: chris(a)lane.org.uk
* Commands:
* To set the date:
* /script csetdate <day> <month> <year>
* To set the string:
* /script csetformat <string>
* {d} = days
* {h} = hours
* {m} = minutes
* {s} = seconds
* To set the update interval:
* /script csetint <seconds>
* To start the counter:
* /script cstart
* To stop the counter:
* /script cstop
* ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
*/

RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by Sunshine on 03-25-2006 at 02:15 PM

quote:
First release,

* Sunshine tests....

Yay it works ... 7 days 7 hours and 30 minutes till my birthday

:banana:

RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by prashker on 03-25-2006 at 02:25 PM

edit: I fixed :P

got it working....very nice :)

RE: RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by Salem on 03-25-2006 at 08:49 PM

quote:
First release,

Download

Thanks, just tested it and it works great. Although, could you add it so that format can include hour, minute & seconds for countdowns that don't include midnight
RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by Sunshine on 03-25-2006 at 11:45 PM

Just curious, where does this script get the time etc from? It seems to be an hour off..at midnight it was supposed to say 7 days and 0 hours till my birthday (april 2nd) right? It said 6 days and 23 hours, where have i lost an hour? Systemclock is not changed to DST yet.

RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by Patchou on 03-26-2006 at 05:39 AM

Yeah, it works so well that it motivated me to add a "filter" option for the event viewer :p. I think the updates should be at the minimum once every two ir three minutes, else, you're goign to flood the Messenger network as well as flood the chat logs of people (remember that name/psm changes are logged during the chat and no, I won't add a time out :p).

RE: RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by Salem on 03-26-2006 at 09:52 AM

quote:
First release,

Download

As mentioned in my previous post, its works great. However, my countdown event has already passed, now my PSM says "-1days....."

Could you change it so that if an event has pass it just says 0 for the days, hours, minutes and seconds fields?

~Salem
RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by Vexor on 03-26-2006 at 10:07 AM

Ok call me daft. but I downloaded it and it came down as a .gz file, and i dont know how to load it in. any ideas? help anyone?

RE: RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by Salem on 03-26-2006 at 10:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vexor
Ok call me daft. but I downloaded it and it came down as a .gz file, and i dont know how to load it in. any ideas? help anyone?

Open it in something like Winzip or WinRar and extract the files into the  Messenger Plus! Live Scripts folder
RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by Vexor on 03-26-2006 at 10:20 AM

and then?

Sorry never used scripts this way before.

I asked a few people on my msn but they dont seem to care.

RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by Sunshine on 03-26-2006 at 11:07 AM

quote:
and then?
Restart WLM and enable (checkbox) the script in Plus!Live preferences (plus > preferences > general > scripts).

Edit: you're welcome :)
RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by Vexor on 03-26-2006 at 11:25 AM

Ok this works great, now that i finally got it to work.. my fault.

Now how do we set more than one date for count down and allow our PSM to rotate between 2 or 3 count down dates?

Like Birthdays, Special Events and Other?

Be a good feature if it could.

Also if you have more than 1 account signedinto msn at the same time,the count down appears in the PSM for both logged in users, anyone to limit this to just the 1 account that set the date?

RE: RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by Veggie on 03-26-2006 at 12:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Yeah, it works so well that it motivated me to add a "filter" option for the event viewer :p. I think the updates should be at the minimum once every two ir three minutes, else, you're goign to flood the Messenger network as well as flood the chat logs of people (remember that name/psm changes are logged during the chat and no, I won't add a time out :p).

yeah i noticed that it floods the chat logs, ill change the default time to 2 minutes.

quote:
Originally posted by Salem

Thanks, just tested it and it works great. Although, could you add it so that format can include hour, minute & seconds for countdowns that don't include midnight
i will take a look at it.

quote:

Now how do we set more than one date for count down and allow our PSM to rotate between 2 or 3 count down dates?

its definatly possible but im not sure yet if i will

quote:
Originally posted by Salem

Could you change it so that if an event has pass it just says 0 for the days, hours, minutes and seconds fields?

i will take a look

RE: RE: RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by CookieRevised on 03-26-2006 at 03:27 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

yeah i noticed that it floods the chat logs, ill change the default time to 2 minutes.
What do you mean by "default" time? Do you mean the user can set it to 1 second (for example) anyways or is it a "minimum allowed" time?

Allowing the user to update his nick/PSM too much will flood the servers (as Patchou already said). So if this "default" time can still be changed to anything less, then please don't release this script in public...

----------

Also:
HolidayCounter Plugin. This will be made compatible for Plus!Live. ;)
RE: RE: RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by Vexor on 03-26-2006 at 07:56 PM

quote:
quote:

its definatly possible but im not sure yet if i will

Ok fair enough. pitty though. Would be impressive.

Great work other on it though so far.
RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by Sunshine on 06-29-2006 at 01:08 PM

Bump...is either PSM Countdown or Holiday Counter Script (after requested time interval adjustments ofcourse) gonna be put on the script db/official release?

Thought i'd bump as there are requests for this already:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61977

RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by Rolando on 09-19-2006 at 10:27 PM

link doesn't work anymore. Is this script still around?

RE: Countdown for PSM/Nick by CookieRevised on 09-19-2006 at 11:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by q25
link doesn't work anymore. Is this script still around?
please search the forums, there are at least 3 other countdown scripts available by now...
PS: try not to bump old threads for things like this (eg: or like here)

Instead of only listing my own script, here are all the existing scripts so you can decide and choose for yourself:

script by Matikke: Countdown Live
Thread: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=65123
Scripts DB: http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/203-Countdown-Live/

Has a very nice user friendly GUI with lots of options. Based upon Holiday Counter.
[Image: attachment.php?pid=731597]
click for full size

-----

script/plugin by CookieRevised: HolidayCounter
thread: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=52...d=614124#pid614124

Same options as with Matikke's script but is also still compatible with Plus! 3 (and also Plus! Live of course). Has an old-style GUI (due to it being partially a plugin). --- trivia: the only existing script/plugin which runs on both Plus! 3 as Plus! Live AFAIK ---
[Image: config.png]
click for full size

-----

script by NiteMare: Count Down
thread: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=62235

Unique option is that values which reach 0 will be automatically left out in the shown countdown.
[Image: Screen-shot4.gif]
click for full size