Shoutbox

dont want colour when printing non-colour image - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: dont want colour when printing non-colour image (/showthread.php?tid=57382)

dont want colour when printing non-colour image by DJKAL on 03-23-2006 at 09:39 PM

i have created a leaflet to advertise my DJ-ing,

it is black and white - with grey also and is created in photoshop CS2

but
i want 2 on a page and need to print it
so i inserted it as an image into microsoft word and when printing it prints with pink around the "CD's" and the image also has pink around some lines.

what can i do to stop this and get it to print white
(i tried making it bnlack and white in M$ Word - but that made it look s**t! as it removed some lines )
i tried grey-scale and that didnt work

is there anyway to get it to print as it looks in the image ( attachment!)

RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by Reaper on 03-23-2006 at 09:41 PM

when you choose print, did you select the option to print as Grayscale?

RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by DJKAL on 03-23-2006 at 09:43 PM

i changed the colour ...
*select image* > format picture > picture > color > **select grey-sacle**

RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by ddunk on 03-23-2006 at 09:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
n you choose print, did you select the option to print as Grayscale?
quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
i changed the colour ...
*select image* > format picture > picture > color > **select grey-sacle**

In your printer options, not your image editing program.
RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by DJKAL on 03-23-2006 at 09:54 PM

no - i did that in microsoft word, not PS-CS2

RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by ddunk on 03-23-2006 at 09:56 PM

quote:

Your printer doesn't care what you made it in and neither do I. When you go to print, hit "properties" and change it to grayscale. Your PRINTER options, not your "whatever you made it in" options.
RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by ShawnZ on 03-23-2006 at 09:57 PM

quote:

are you that fucking impaired that you can't realize he meant to use printer options anyway????
RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by DJKAL on 03-23-2006 at 10:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by segosa

Or just call it CD for god's sake.

calum's disco .. i do more than 1 ....
quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
When you go to print, hit "properties" and change it to grayscale. Your PRINTER options, not your "whatever you made it in" options.

doesnt work - no option there!
RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by ddunk on 03-23-2006 at 10:17 PM

What printer do you have?

RE: RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by [MR] on 03-23-2006 at 10:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ajd
quote:
look - the name is chosen
the name is fnal
the name is stuck
you think the name sucks then ok  - but i dont care

all i asked was about a way of printing the leaflet in the way it is designed and not the way it shouldn't be
can anyoneplease help with that?
i didnt ask for critisism over a name chosen 4 years ago!
If I saw that leaflet with that name on a lampost or whatever, I would just laugh. No-one with any sense would buy a product or service from someone who cares so little about their business that they can't even put the time into making sure the name is correct. You may not care that it's bad grammar, but even if it is just the name, it's the first impression of your business that people see.

Stop cutting off your nose to spite your face and just change it.

Yes, exactly.  Your customers or whoever want somthing that is attractive to them and somthing that has good grammar so they know you are smart enough to exhibit basic english.  I looked at your sign DJKAL and saw that the text wasnt smooth on the edges at all, try and fix that, and maybe change the color scheme some what since black is white doesnt catch the eye as well as other colors, but still the color scheme should be readable.   
RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by DJKAL on 03-23-2006 at 10:34 PM

thanks [mr] i know that website is pretty crap and im not 100% happy with it, im trying to think of a few alternatives for it,
which sign do you mean though?

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
What printer do you have?
epson stylus C46
RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by [MR] on 03-23-2006 at 10:35 PM

quote:
thanks [mr] i know that website is pretty crap and im not 100% happy with it, im trying to think of a few alternatives for it,
which sign do you mean though?
i was refering to this http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=622993
RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by DJKAL on 03-23-2006 at 10:37 PM

oh, oops - sorry i thought you meant the website :$

i cant use colour as i don't have enough colour ink, to print many and my parents wont buy me any and i have no many what-so-ever to buy it myself :(

RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by [MR] on 03-23-2006 at 10:38 PM

quote:
oh, oops - sorry i thought you meant the website :$

i cant use colour as i don't have enough colour ink, to print many and my parents wont buy me any and i have no many what-so-ever to buy it myself :(
couldn't you ask a friend to print some out in color for you?
RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by DJKAL on 03-23-2006 at 10:39 PM

i would if it was just 1 or 2, but as it is a leaflet and not a poster i will need many more and so i dont know anyone who will use that much colour ink for me as i cant pay for it for them

RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by lordy on 03-23-2006 at 11:58 PM

tbh, he asked how to get it to print out right, not for people's opinions on it, nor for improvements that could be made for it, so why don't you all just answer his question and stop putting in your opinion where it's not wanted? ¬¬

RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by RaceProUK on 03-24-2006 at 12:19 AM

Remove the colour cartridge.

RE: RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by DJKAL on 03-24-2006 at 12:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Remove the colour cartridge.

i did think about that, but will it print  beveled effect then? (the bit that prints pink)
RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by RaceProUK on 03-24-2006 at 12:22 AM

Try it and see.

RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by DJKAL on 03-24-2006 at 12:28 AM

it wont print without the colour cartridge installed :dodgy:

RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by CookieRevised on 03-24-2006 at 12:41 AM

quote:
so i inserted it as an image into microsoft word and when printing it prints with pink around the "CD's" and the image also has pink around some lines.
Because you're printing it in color using the color cardridges to simulate greyscale. And since you don't have enough color inkt (one of them is empty or the nozzles are dried out), not all colors are used.

quote:
what can i do to stop this and get it to print white
Print in greyscale, not color (and make sure yuo have enough black inkt of course). Do this by setting your printer properties to greyscale as people have said...

And yes, you do have that option.

quote:
(i tried making it bnlack and white in M$ Word - but that made it look s**t! as it removed some lines )
Black and white is not greyscale. Greyscale are all the scales from black to white, not only the color black and the color white.

Also, setting the color or type of your image in Word has got nothing (at least not much) todo with how you're going to print it.

quote:
i tried grey-scale and that didnt work
Change the properties of your printer, not from your image.

You can change the image all you want, it will not affect how you print it.

PS: and instead of printing it hundreds of times, make one full page print out and bring that to a copy center and ask them to copy it a hundred times (and say you need 2 on 1 page). It will cost far far less...
RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by DJKAL on 03-24-2006 at 12:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
And yes, you do have that option.
i couldn't see it anywhere :(

any-way, it has printed fine now - i just needed to put a new colour ink cartridge in there (was almost run out)

thanks for the help, from those of you who did :)
RE: RE: RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by B3N_H4M1D on 04-04-2006 at 11:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by [MR]
quote:
Originally posted by ajd
quote:
look - the name is chosen
the name is fnal
the name is stuck
you think the name sucks then ok  - but i dont care

all i asked was about a way of printing the leaflet in the way it is designed and not the way it shouldn't be
can anyoneplease help with that?
i didnt ask for critisism over a name chosen 4 years ago!
If I saw that leaflet with that name on a lampost or whatever, I would just laugh. No-one with any sense would buy a product or service from someone who cares so little about their business that they can't even put the time into making sure the name is correct. You may not care that it's bad grammar, but even if it is just the name, it's the first impression of your business that people see.

Stop cutting off your nose to spite your face and just change it.

Yes, exactly.  Your customers or whoever want somthing that is attractive to them and somthing that has good grammar so they know you are smart enough to exhibit basic english.  I looked at your sign DJKAL and saw that the text wasnt smooth on the edges at all, try and fix that, and maybe change the color scheme some what since black is white doesnt catch the eye as well as other colors, but still the color scheme should be readable.   

I Think CD's Is Quite A Good Name... Whats Wrong With It??
RE: dont want colour when printing non-colour image by ayjay on 04-04-2006 at 04:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by B3N_H4M1D
I Think CD's Is Quite A Good Name... Whats Wrong With It??
1) Read the entire thread
2) Look at the dates these were posted