Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Live News - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: Messenger Plus! Live News (/showthread.php?tid=57457)

Messenger Plus! Live News by Patchou on 03-26-2006 at 07:26 AM

Hello everybody,

I know I've not posted anything for a long time but there's a good reason for it. Work on Messenger Plus! Live 4.00 is still progressing very well and I'm now confident that the software will be ready for the final public release of Windows Live Messenger (give or take a week or two). I know many of you are eager to try out the new version but please, just be a little more patient (see below). I'll soon send some information and screenshots to various Messenger related web sites, there's still a lot of work to do and everybody around the project is working hard (graphic designers, beta testers, translators, ...). The new software will be accompanied by a new web site and will be meant to mark an important milestone in the life of the Messenger Plus! project.

The software is currently being tested by a few selected beta testers who are doing their best to find bugs so that you don't have to suffer from too much of them after the release. No beta version of Messenger Plus! Live has been leaked to the public so please, do not download anything that's named "MsgPlusLive 4.0" as a virus is currently circulating under that very name. This virus will cause many undesirable things to happen to your system including the complete removal of your contact list. In case of doubt, never download Messenger Plus! from any other source than this web site.

As I don't want to disappoint anybody, I also have to insist on the fact that despite the many improvements that will be brought by the new version, you'll have to expect some features to be missing in the first release. Remember that there's only one guy coding the software and I prefer delivering less features that all work properly than more features that don't. A version 4.10 is already scheduled to be released shortly after 4.00 though so you won't be missing those features for too long (and they'll be back with more muscles and a nice tan).

Check out mess.be for some more news next week. Meanwhile, I suggest you all go see V for Vendetta, have a good time, and don't miss the release of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children on DVD either, you'll be sorry if you do :).

Patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Discrate on 03-26-2006 at 07:30 AM

Great work patchou!!! We all can't wait till msgplus live is released :)

Great job(Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by John Anderton on 03-26-2006 at 07:38 AM

I still cant believe patchou has time to see V for Vendetta after all his work. Too bad that movie hasnt been released here yet. Neither has Underworld 2 which im eagerly awaiting to see, still .... (i know its old ...)

World wide releases > *

I was wondering what will happen to the current plus! domain ?? Will it redirect to the new website ?? Or just say that a new version has been released. Please visit it.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Hank on 03-26-2006 at 07:52 AM

that should be made sticky Patchou's announcement

whats gonna happen with the forum url?.. will that change to?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by qgroessl on 03-26-2006 at 07:57 AM

http://www.msgpluslive.net I'm guessing.... And it's always nice to hear from you Patchou! and good to know you're doing well.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by John Anderton on 03-26-2006 at 08:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
http://www.msgpluslive.net I'm guessing.... And it's always nice to hear from you Patchou! and good to know you're doing well.
we know the url :P
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
I was wondering what will happen to the current plus! domain ?? Will it redirect to the new website ?? Or just say that a new version has been released. Please visit it.

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
whats gonna happen with the forum url?.. will that change to?
The current domain is kinda universal so i guess it will stay ;)
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Discrate on 03-26-2006 at 08:12 AM

Mayby he will leave this forum and the www.msgplus.net domain and then make a new forum and put it on www.msgpluslive.net. But i was wondering when will he put the site up for www.msgpluslive.net.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by John Anderton on 03-26-2006 at 08:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by joelm
But i was wondering when will he put the site up for www.msgpluslive.net.
When it is released (or just before that ....)

quote:
Mayby he will leave this forum and the www.msgplus.net domain and then make a new forum and put it on www.msgpluslive.net
why would he want to leave this domain :P Its pretty universal aint it ?
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Hank on 03-26-2006 at 08:18 AM

quote:
he current domain is kinda universal so i guess it will stay
maybe a link to the forums on the new page untill the new Forums goes up
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Discrate on 03-26-2006 at 08:19 AM

quote:
quote:
But i was wondering when will he put the site up for www.msgpluslive.net.
When it is released (or just before that ....)

quote:
Mayby he will leave this forum and the www.msgplus.net domain and then make a new forum and put it on www.msgpluslive.net
why would he want to leave this domain :P Its pretty universal aint it ?

Well, some people wont straight away upgrade to wlm. Like me im not going to upgrade straight away. So people could still want help with msgplus!

quote:
quote:
he current domain is kinda universal so i guess it will stay
maybe a link to the forums on the new page untill the new Forums goes up

Whats the point of that, not many people dont know about that domain and also people know if they need help come to these forums.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Hank on 03-26-2006 at 08:22 AM

quote:
Whats the point of that, not many people dont know about that domain and also people know if they need help come to these forums.
im sure when people go to download MPL4 an go to msgplus.net instead it'll redirect them to msgpluslive.net instead so they'll have to update there bookmarks
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by John Anderton on 03-26-2006 at 08:25 AM

quote:
not many people dont know about that domain
*not many people know about that domain

:dodgy:

quote:
Well, some people wont straight away upgrade to wlm. Like me im not going to upgrade straight away. So people could still want help with msgplus!
Thats the point of leaving this address. Why make a new forum ? I certainly dont see the point :P tbh it would be stupid to make a new forum. Just continuing in this one is the best way forward :) We have all the old records. This forum seems to be working well and the concerned people are working of upgrading it (last i heard :P)
What else do you need :P

Anyway, i dont think its upto us to decide :P
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by haydos on 03-26-2006 at 08:32 AM

Keep up the great work Patch and don't work too hard (y)
Looking forward to the Aussie release of V for Vendetta

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Pyroteq on 03-26-2006 at 08:33 AM

Continue using this one i would say..

Thats great news patchou thanks for the update..
Ill go see V for Vendetta just because you say so, so it better be good! ive seen FF:AC allready..

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Chrono on 03-26-2006 at 08:47 AM

ill certainly buy ff7:AC's dvd :P
Keep it up pitcho :banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Dane on 03-26-2006 at 09:16 AM

Thanks for the update Patchou! I'll see V for Vendetta one way or another :-P

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by user27089 on 03-26-2006 at 09:22 AM

Nice post Patchou.

I went to see V for Vendetta yesterday, it's one of the best films I've been to in a while. It has an amazing storyline, I love it.

V is the guy from Lord of the Rings (Elrond) and Matrix (Agent Smith) :p.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by user35870 on 03-26-2006 at 09:34 AM

Great Work Patchou. Keep it up (Y).

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Mnjul on 03-26-2006 at 09:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children
So certainly :P

Good work Patchi (Y)
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by GiantSpider on 03-26-2006 at 11:00 AM

It be good news Patch, you keep going.

On the subject of changes, I personally would like to see a new forum, complete overhaul & a start from scratch (much like the coding for Plus! Live). But you're right JA, it's not for us to decide.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Poom on 03-26-2006 at 11:59 AM

quote:
Meanwhile, I suggest you all go see V for Vendetta

I just watched it an hour ago. The movie has a good message. =D

Keep working hard, Patchou. I am waiting for it!

Too bad I was too late to nominate as a beta tester though. =( I wanna help too... =O
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by cyberlords on 03-26-2006 at 12:08 PM

Great job Patchou!
Thanks..

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Choli on 03-26-2006 at 12:08 PM

Well done, Patchou! ;) :banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by RaceProUK on 03-26-2006 at 12:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
V is the guy from Lord of the Rings (Elrond) and Matrix (Agent Smith) :p.
Hugo Weaving.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by ThunderStorm on 03-26-2006 at 12:21 PM

Great Job Patchou.
I'm very pleased about you're work.
Keep it going mate :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Menthix on 03-26-2006 at 12:33 PM

quote:
Work on Messenger Plus! Live 4.00 is still progressing very well and I'm now confident that the software will be ready for the final public release of Windows Live Messenger (give or take a week or two).
YAY!! :D. A release at the same time as WLM would be so sweet.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Eddie on 03-26-2006 at 12:54 PM

Awesome :) Keep up the great work Patchou and Testers..etc :) When not having Plus since november i am becoming desperate hehe, im looking forward to the release of messenger plus! live! :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by tony on 03-26-2006 at 03:55 PM

Very good job patchou! we cant wait anymore for MPL! :cheesy:

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Matti on 03-26-2006 at 04:09 PM

Yahoo! Good to hear something from you! :D

quote:
(give or take a week or two)

Is that a hint? :)
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by jren207 on 03-26-2006 at 05:02 PM

Can't wait :P

Keep working hard, it'll be worth it in the end ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by RebelSean on 03-26-2006 at 07:13 PM

Sounds good Patchou :). Enjoying testing thigs, and you're doing a great job at it! Look forward for those details ;).

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by chuck_str on 03-26-2006 at 08:45 PM

the way ur doing it is the best take it steps by steps cause it only cause bugs if u rush and all ways rember KISS (keep it simple stupid) cant wait till msgplus is out

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by prashker on 03-26-2006 at 08:48 PM

Keep Up The Good Work Patchou....testing is very fun :)

quote:
and don't miss the release of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children on DVD either, you'll be sorry if you do (Smilie).
:drool:

What about Kingdom Hearts 2 tuesday :banana:

(uh oh....I wasent supposed to talk about that to you)

* prashker runs
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by absorbation on 03-26-2006 at 09:01 PM

Yep, great news to hear progress is going so well :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by user44571 on 03-27-2006 at 12:22 AM

Good to hear Patchou, testing is heaps fun :tongue:

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Lou on 03-27-2006 at 01:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike

quote:

(give or take a week or two)

Is that a hint?
What he means here is,
quote:
the software will be ready for the final public release of Windows Live Messenger
Give or take a week or two. Meaning, 1 week or two before, or 1 week or two after, and in this case, it may be a week or two after the WLM release. He is not hinting that the beta will end in a week or two. The program is still in testing, with good reason.

Testing is going wonderful. I must say it's some really wonderful stuff. Keep at it Patchou!
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by blackjack on 03-27-2006 at 04:05 AM

Good news, nice to read this :)

You're doing a great job Patchou :bow:

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Pipish on 03-27-2006 at 07:50 AM

"(and they'll be back with more muscles and a nice tan.)"  always a scence of humor great job patchou:D

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by charlie_su1986 on 03-29-2006 at 04:51 AM

I'm eager to start the translation  hehe

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by PAT.riot73 on 03-29-2006 at 11:53 AM

lol, i wonder why wlm's update made it look so ugly? hope msgpluslive won't be as ugly as that! 8-)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Eddie on 03-29-2006 at 01:14 PM

What do u mean ugly, i think it looks awesome personally, its the features that matter to me not the UI ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by lrac522 on 03-29-2006 at 05:32 PM

I am so delighted to be back hearing some plendid news! Hi all...(Y)

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Matti on 03-30-2006 at 07:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by PAT.riot73
lol, i wonder why wlm's update made it look so ugly? hope msgpluslive won't be as ugly as that! 8-)

Well, if you don't like the UI, you won't like WLM's UI and no-one obliged you to use WLM! ;)
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Eddie on 03-30-2006 at 02:00 PM

And if MSN ever stopped service on MSN Messenger you would be in a bit of a tight spot huh..well neh...keep it up Patchou and fo :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Phillip on 03-30-2006 at 02:26 PM

ZOMG I LOVE MESSENGER PLUS LIVE CANT WAIT TILL ITS DONE..

Patchou ur a champ for making this FREEWARE i would pay for this software but yeah nice work...

Hmm scripts someone might have to put up some tutorials so i can learn :D..

But other than that thank you Patchou for an amazing piece of Software......hehe FREEWARE...!!!!1@ZOMG

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Matti on 03-30-2006 at 06:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Crimcz
Hmm scripts someone might have to put up some tutorials so i can learn :D..

If the testers tell the truth, Patchou will shortly after MP!L's release post a tutorial or something likely about the developing of scripts. So don't worry about that, the creator of the language will fully explain what you can do with it and how. :)
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Hank on 04-02-2006 at 05:12 AM

the question is.. who leaked it?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by qgroessl on 04-02-2006 at 05:13 AM

quote:
the question is.. who leaked it?

I think Patchou did find who leaked it and everything... So all is good :p... But frown upon those who downloaded the leak.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Hank on 04-02-2006 at 05:28 AM

yeah i forgot bout him..

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Banner on 04-08-2006 at 10:03 AM

:'( I Downloaded Msg Plus 4 :'(

Look at that

[Image: 7809.jpeg]

I wish I saw this forum before :'(

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Discrate on 04-08-2006 at 10:16 AM

ahahha i don't no how to read the writing on that screen shot but i can guess thats alot of viruses:P and also if you dont see plus live on the www.msgplus.net doesn't that tell you that it hasn't been released yet and you shouldn't download it?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Hank on 04-08-2006 at 10:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Banner
I Downloaded Msg Plus 4
should always wait till its on the official site,, dont download it from an unknown source that could be an infected by a virus
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by rssfed23 on 04-13-2006 at 05:00 PM

<removed> has a leaked version of MPL = and the crack to make it work - just thought you all ought to know :p

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Matti on 04-13-2006 at 05:40 PM

We do know it's leaked, we do know it spreaded rapidly on the web and we do know they cracked it. So? The same thing happened to Windows Live Messenger 8. A lot of people had troubles with it or it crashed their pc. That's why the official site is the only trustable source for downloading Messenger Plus! Live.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by rssfed23 on 04-13-2006 at 05:44 PM

But what im saying is that in some places (like the IRC) it says that there is no where you can download plus! without getting a virus on your computer - which is wrong - you can download it (although I dont know if it works) and it dosent seem to much peoples computers up.

Although everyone knows that the final release of software is always gonna be better than the beta versions in terms of bugs and overall crappyness

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by John Anderton on 04-14-2006 at 06:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kevin_liang
Hi all,
   I download the Plus! Live Beta,then install it.The Messenger is restarted.But,there isn't "Plus!" in the menu of messenger windows!I cant find it anywhere!
   Tell me why?ThanX!
Messenger Plus! Live is a beta for selected beta testers ONLY
Since you are not one of them you shouldnt be using it. Not only that the version which was leaked was an ancient one and was quite buggy if you ask me. Plus i doesnt have a lot of things that the final product will .... (hey thats how beta's work :P). I could probably add a few other million things why not to use it but it would be best if you didnt :)

It is quite probable that the file you downloaded could be a fake and could contain a virus. So its always best if you wait till a software is released on the official site

In conlusion,
Leaked beta's shouldnt be used
Read this post for more information on MP!L, WML and/or Beta testing

Now could this thread be closed since its going a wee bit offtopic if you ask me :p
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Fenix13 on 04-27-2006 at 05:40 AM

ok nice to put a 4 in the version number... but a 3.63 just to update sponsor , stop screweing around XD nice work he do but dude that suck's traxtor says no i said yes so in your face traxtor(6), and other thing i don't hate plus it realy make fun use msn but i kcan't keep waiting XD so chaou

paras los que sabran leer esapñol haya[size=1] alguien por hay?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Lt.Col.DraGon on 04-27-2006 at 05:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kevin_liang
Hi all,
   I download the Plus! Live Beta,then install it.The Messenger is restarted.But,there isn't "Plus!" in the menu of messenger windows!I cant find it anywhere!
   Tell me why?ThanX!

In case you are wondering, the leaked MP!L doesn't work with the leaked branches WLM... so stop crying, you shouldn't even be using either the leaked MP!L and the leaked branches WLM.

quote:
Originally posted by Fenix13
paras los que sabran leer esapñol haya[size=1] alguien por hay?

Yes, I speak spanish here, there are also hispanic forums for people who speak spanish.

http://es.msgplus.net/foro/

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Choli on 04-27-2006 at 07:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fenix13
but a 3.63 just to update sponsor , stop screweing around
nah, 3.63 comes with exactly the same sponsor as previous versions. Plus 3.63 just fixes some compatibilities issues with WLM when Plus live is released :)
quote:
Originally posted by Lt.Col.DraGon
Yes, I speak spanish here, there are also hispanic forums for people who speak spanish.

http://es.msgplus.net/foro/
yeah! :banana: :P
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by saralk on 04-27-2006 at 08:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
nah, 3.63 comes with exactly the same sponsor as previous versions. Plus 3.63 just fixes some compatibilities issues with WLM when Plus live is released

no, this version contains the fixes to the compatability issues, and also the new sponsor
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Choli on 04-27-2006 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
and also the new sponsor
the new sponsor too? ah! :P I thought it was only going to be included in plus live. Thanks for the info :)
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Fenix13 on 04-28-2006 at 12:27 AM

[font=Arial]:|see i knew it some guy over there told me that.
so people finaly leaked plus live!? dam i guees somebody spill the beans hehe, but can't be mad i use a lot of craked software.  and for the spanish people: hola como estan espero que bien mucho gusto, i prefer to use this than latino ,kinda wierd plus in spanish so sayonara!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by RebelSean on 04-28-2006 at 12:42 AM

Yes, one of the first builds was leaked. The build is pratically featureless, UBER buggy, as well as has already been de-activated so you can't use it.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by ycwkpp898 on 05-01-2006 at 05:31 PM

I wish i could try out the Windows live plus version. i hate not been able to use the plus in messenger. i am using wlm and like it very much.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by vincerooney on 05-02-2006 at 12:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ycwkpp898
I wish i could try out the Windows live plus version. i hate not been able to use the plus in messenger. i am using wlm and like it very much.

They're not accepting anymore beta testers unfortunately. :P
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by macs_mom on 05-02-2006 at 05:37 PM

Any updates on the release date? 

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Weyzza on 05-02-2006 at 09:12 PM

The release date is still the same: right after WLM is out of beta stage :p

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Stef on 05-03-2006 at 11:07 AM

WLM will release in June ^^

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Schockwave on 05-03-2006 at 12:09 PM

Thank you for letting us know, where did you find this out?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Eddie on 05-03-2006 at 12:30 PM

You cant be sure of the release date of Windows Live Messenger because it hasnt been publically comfirmed as far as im aware yet ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by sammeke288 on 05-03-2006 at 02:50 PM

Msn live messenger is now i public beta download it here http://g.msn.com/1csideas/signup_EN-US i hope msg plus! live will be released now soon...

Sam

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Menthix on 05-03-2006 at 03:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sammeke288
live messenger is now i public beta
Like it has been said many times before: Messenger Plus! Live will be released when WLM in NOT beta anymore. A public beta is still a beta.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by icp89_cor on 05-03-2006 at 05:50 PM

Well y cant we have a msg plus live "beta" for the WLM beta users?!?! Its already been 4 months that i have been waiting for msg plus since i changed for wlm... :S

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Avatar on 05-03-2006 at 06:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by icp89_cor
Well y cant we have a msg plus live "beta" for the WLM beta users?!?! Its already been 4 months that i have been waiting for msg plus since i changed for wlm... :S

LOL, WLM is from MS and MSGPlus is from P....
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by kissfankevinw on 05-03-2006 at 07:31 PM

someone who is a beta tester here posted screenshots of messenger plus live 4.0.225 unreleased beta

http://www.exoendo.net/?p=210

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Menthix on 05-03-2006 at 07:33 PM

Testers are allowed top post screenshots and talk about it. They're just not allowed to give the actual software to anyone.

RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by icp89_cor on 05-04-2006 at 02:29 PM

quote:

I already kno that!
RE: RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Avatar on 05-04-2006 at 02:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by icp89_cor
quote:

I already kno that!

So your question should be answered then....
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by user27089 on 05-04-2006 at 05:29 PM

I'll answer it:

As Patchou will not release a public beta for this version, he has done it in the past, but it has been very rare. He will only release the final product once Windows Live Messenger has been released as a final and not a beta. This is simply because Patchou wants his software to be final, with very few bugs, and bugs that can be easily and quickly fixed, it will take some time to do this (Messenger Plus! Live was only released to beta testers in late February, and since then more and more features have been added, meaning more extensive testing is required).

Sorry if I've drifted off track slightly there, but basically: Patchou won't release Messenger Plus! Live until both Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live aren't buggy.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by icp89_cor on 05-05-2006 at 02:55 AM

Ah thnx for the info... So all i can do is sit down n wait for WLM to come out officially so that i can get msg plus. I think i can do it. *-)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by aNILEator on 05-05-2006 at 08:48 AM

WLM is alot less buggy now, and doesn't crash all the time on my PC now, so I can get down to some proper Beta Testing at last instead of just sending crash logs over and over again which weren't related to plus at all

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by huigh4444 on 05-06-2006 at 09:22 PM

why doesn't patchou just activate www.msgpluslive.net so everything about Messenger Plus! Live on it?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Choli on 05-06-2006 at 10:05 PM

the new site will come online when plus live is released to the public. (it doesn't make much sense to have it online if you still can't download plus live)

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by engooo on 05-07-2006 at 12:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I'll answer it:

As Patchou will not release a public beta for this version, he has done it in the past, but it has been very rare. He will only release the final product once Windows Live Messenger has been released as a final and not a beta. This is simply because Patchou wants his software to be final, with very few bugs, and bugs that can be easily and quickly fixed, it will take some time to do this (Messenger Plus! Live was only released to beta testers in late February, and since then more and more features have been added, meaning more extensive testing is required).

Sorry if I've drifted off track slightly there, but basically: Patchou won't release Messenger Plus! Live until both Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live aren't buggy.

i know that's final :P

But it dosn't make any since at all :D

1st all the world now using betaz i mean there r many beta programs around and they r ok ,, with littel bugs >>> yes but they r ok to be used ,,

2nd i don't thnik microsoft has a definite day to the WML .. we heard it'll be in March then in April then in May and finally maybe in the next year ,, so why patcho still  plaster  in MS dates 8o|

3rd now i think after MS at last open the way to use WML i think it's imp. to just open the door to let people enjoy with MPL!4

4th i think also with more people using MPL!4 and reporting for bugs make the final realse came much early ,, and that will be nice

guy it's just thoughts and i'm very very sorry for my bad english
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Menthix on 05-07-2006 at 12:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by engooo
we heard it'll be in March then in April then in May and finally maybe in the next year ,, so why patcho still  plaster  in MS dates
Patchou isn't ready with Plus! Live yet. Some features are missing and some annoying bugs... It's still a race against the clock.

quote:
1st all the world now using betaz i mean there r many beta programs around and they r ok ,, with littel bugs >>> yes but they r ok to be used
I agree, there are good betas (and bad ones too :p), but it's always up to the creator to decide when he releases software. Patchou decided not to release any Plus! Live beta to public because he wants a stable product for his users and because he doesn't want problems with MS when people start reporting Plus! bugs to MS... Because that will happen when you release it to all the 10million users and MS won't be happy about it. And it's better to keep MS as a friend because Plus! depends on it entirely, if MS gets annoyed with Plus! they could probably find a way to shut it down or at least make it very hard for Plus! to continue.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by engooo on 05-07-2006 at 12:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
we heard it'll be in March then in April then in May and finally maybe in the next year ,, so why patcho still  plaster  in MS dates
Patchou isn't ready with Plus! Live yet. Some features are missing and some annoying bugs... It's still a race against the clock.

quote:
1st all the world now using betaz i mean there r many beta programs around and they r ok ,, with littel bugs >>> yes but they r ok to be used
I agree, there are good betas (and bad ones too :p), but it's always up to the creator to decide when he releases software. Patchou decided not to release any Plus! Live beta to public because he wants a stable product for his users and because he doesn't want problems with MS when people start reporting Plus! bugs to MS... Because that will happen when you release it to all the 10million users and MS won't be happy about it. And it's better to keep MS as a friend because Plus! depends on it entirely, if MS gets annoyed with Plus! they could probably find a way to shut it down or at least make it very hard for Plus! to continue.

ok dear i'm totally agree with u ,, MPL!4  is not ready yet

but i'm interest with that point ( MPL!4 will not realse till WML 8.0 Realse ) *-)

why ?!! :S it should be realse when it's ready ,, ^o)

quote:
Don't be sorry for your bad English. Your motivation is what you'd be sorry for....

bro i think i don't make any motivation , it just thoughts :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by lordy on 05-07-2006 at 01:14 AM

quote:
why ?!! (Smilie) it should be realse when it's ready ,, (Smilie)

because WLM is still in BETA, there are still goingt o be more BETA releases of it more likely, and I doubt patchou wants to have to re-release Plus! every time there is a new WLM BETA released to make it compatible again :undecided

If he releases it once the final WLM has been released, then the amount of time between WLM releases it most likely going to be larger, and Patch won't have to release a new, compatible, version of plus so often
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Hank on 05-07-2006 at 01:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Patchou isn't ready with Plus! Live yet. Some features are missing and some annoying bug
he could always release 4.00 an fix/add those other buggs an features in 4.10
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by msnlee on 05-07-2006 at 03:52 AM

Dear Sir
I go back to check your new version every week.When the new Plus can be finished

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by Eddie on 05-07-2006 at 04:51 AM

No one knows when the new Plus! Live is going to be ready for public release if that is what you are asking, keep an eye on this threadfor information.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by huigh4444 on 05-07-2006 at 10:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
quote:

because WLM is still in BETA, there are still goingt o be more BETA releases of it more likely, and I doubt patchou wants to have to re-release Plus! every time there is a new WLM BETA released to make it compatible again :undecided

If he releases it once the final WLM has been released, then the amount of time between WLM releases it most likely going to be larger, and Patch won't have to release a new, compatible, version of plus so often

WLM has basically already been released to the public, but in BETA form (ideas.live.com) And anyway the newest version of WLM will most likely be one of the last BETA versions.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by MattyRid on 05-07-2006 at 10:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by huigh4444
quote:
quote:

WLM has basically already been released to the public, but in BETA form. And anyway the newest version of WLM will most likely be one of the last BETA versions.

That then means that it is still in BETA. Public BETA or not, until the BETA Tag is removed, Messenger Plus! Live will not get released. Full stop end of story.
RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by engooo on 05-07-2006 at 10:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheItalianStallion
quote:
quote:
quote:

WLM has basically already been released to the public, but in BETA form. And anyway the newest version of WLM will most likely be one of the last BETA versions.

That then means that it is still in BETA. Public BETA or not, until the BETA Tag is removed, Messenger Plus! Live will not get released. Full stop end of story.

I think we knew that b4 :D:P

but ,, the proplem Now it's take much of time *-)
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by huigh4444 on 05-07-2006 at 10:49 AM

ok fine. I will accept that I am an idiot.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by user27089 on 05-07-2006 at 10:58 AM

You aren't an idiot, you're just excited about Messenger Plus! Live being released (so is everyone else! :))

RE: RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by MattyRid on 05-07-2006 at 10:59 AM

quote:

I think we knew that b4 :D:P

but ,, the proplem Now it's take much of time *-)

Takes to much time or not... I don't care if it takes another year before WLM and Messenger Plus! Live is released. At least I'll know I'm getting a brilliant product.

Note to admin, could this thread get locked as it seems to go around in circles over and over again.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by huigh4444 on 05-07-2006 at 11:03 AM

why doesn't patchou just update us a bit more regulary on Messenger Plus! Live?

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by MattyRid on 05-07-2006 at 11:06 AM

quote:

Why does he have to tell you what is going on? All you need to know is when Plus! Live will be released and that's it. Full stop end of story. So now go sit back a relax.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by absorbation on 05-07-2006 at 11:07 AM

quote:
Why does he have to tell you what is going on? All you need to know is when Plus! Live will be released and that's it. Full stop end of story. So now go sit back a relax.

Yep he is a very busy man. However, testers can reveal some inside secrets. :)
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by user27089 on 05-07-2006 at 11:08 AM

quote:

Patchou is currently working around the clock to make Messenger Plus! Live a better, less buggy piece of software. So he doesn't have the time to always come here and post about his progress.

However, as a beta tester, I can tell you that Messenger Plus! Live is coming along fine and is great.
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by huigh4444 on 05-07-2006 at 11:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
quote:

Yep he is a very busy man. However, testers can reveal some inside secrets. :)

You are a tester so, tell us some inside secrets.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by lordy on 05-07-2006 at 11:11 AM

there aren't exactly any that haven't already been told elsewhere :undecided:

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by huigh4444 on 05-07-2006 at 11:12 AM

actually Traxor just told me what I wanted to know

RE: Messenger Plus! Live News by user27089 on 05-07-2006 at 11:26 AM

There are no "secrets" about Messenger Plus! Live really, all of the features that are in it have been made public, with screenshots etc. Patchou is very laid back about us releasing information about Messenger Plus! Live as long as we don't release version numbers, emails that have been received, changelogs, urls to the download area & of course the beta itself.