Shoutbox

SkypeSync - Synchronize your Skype status with your MSN status - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: SkypeSync - Synchronize your Skype status with your MSN status (/showthread.php?tid=57480)

SkypeSync - Synchronize your Skype status with your MSN status by mrhuge on 03-26-2006 at 06:49 PM

Hi all,

Here is a small plugin which I basically created for myself. I created it because I'm a little bit lazy :P, and I don't want change both MSN's status and Skype's status when needed.

This plugin synchronizes your Skype status with your MSN status. This  means that when you change your MSN status, Skype's status will be changed automatically.

Skype statuses are slightly different from MSN statuses, so here's a little synchronization map :P:

MSN Status -> Skype Status
Online -> Online
Busy -> Do Not Disturb
Away -> Away
Be Right Back -> Away
Idle -> Away
Invisible -> Invisible
On The Phone -> Not Available
Out To Lunch -> Not Available

Please let me know wether or not you like this plugin and if you have any feature requests (like making the synchronization map configurable for example :)).

RE: SkypeSync - Synchronize your Skype status with your MSN status by Sypher on 03-26-2006 at 07:29 PM

Very cool idea!

[sypher-removed-this-to-be-sure]

Maybe there is a way to do it reversed as well? Changing status in Skype -> Changing in MSN?

By the way: Show offline, is that possible? I haven't seen it in your list

RE: SkypeSync - Synchronize your Skype status with your MSN status by Kat_27 on 03-29-2006 at 02:30 AM

Dumb question, what is Skype? :P

RE: SkypeSync - Synchronize your Skype status with your MSN status by [MR] on 03-29-2006 at 02:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kat_27
Dumb question, what is Skype? :P
dont know if this is the same skype but...
quote:
Originally posted by skype.com
Skype is a little program for making free calls over the internet to anyone else who also has Skype. It’s free and easy to download and use, and works with most computers. Download Skype now or learn more about Skype.

RE: SkypeSync - Synchronize your Skype status with your MSN status by Voldemort on 03-29-2006 at 03:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by [MR
]dont know if this is the same skype but...

Yes it is..
Nice Plugin!
Too bad i have no one to talk with skype to :P