Shoutbox

messages Dissappering - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: messages Dissappering (/showthread.php?tid=57496)

messages Dissappering by NiteMare on 03-27-2006 at 02:42 AM

has anybody else notice messages not being delivered, but also not bounceing back, so the contact doesn't know you send a message, and you don't knwo it didn't go through

and they are not ignoreing me, because the other messages go through to this contact

RE: messages Dissappering by prashker on 03-27-2006 at 02:44 AM

It could have been possible that it was blocked because a word .... like  .pif :P

Also remember I sent you that link and it had "download.php" in it and it was blocked?

Either its that or it is another issue

RE: messages Dissappering by Voldemort on 03-27-2006 at 02:46 AM

Yes, that happens frequently and excessive disconnections.

RE: messages Dissappering by NiteMare on 03-27-2006 at 04:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
It could have been possible that it was blocked because a word .... like  .pif :P

Also remember I sent you that link and it had "download.php" in it and it was blocked?

its not that, simple messages involving everyday word, nothing special, are just disappering

[Edit] it seems to be getting worse
RE: messages Dissappering by Menthix on 03-27-2006 at 05:03 AM

I did notice that too Nitmare, see my post in "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem.

RE: messages Dissappering by NiteMare on 03-27-2006 at 05:14 AM

yeah, i haven't gotten the bounce back message situation yet, but this has happend atleast a dozen times to me today alone

RE: messages Dissappering by ThunderStorm on 03-27-2006 at 06:53 AM

Yes some times, maybe is it a blocked word.

RE: messages Dissappering by NiteMare on 03-27-2006 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ThunderStorm
Yes some times, maybe is it a blocked word.
if you read the thread, yuo'll see that i've already ruled this out
sentances such as "yes, i have" or "what do you mean" or "i'm still here" are not getting through. those are every english words that can not be blocked with out screwing up conversations, and yes if they were blocked, then why once we figure out that its been blocked and try sending it again, does it work the second time?
RE: messages Dissappering by andrewdodd13 on 03-27-2006 at 07:25 PM

I've been getting these recently too, I reckon it's probably something server side, though I haven't recieved them since I got my invite to WLM8 >.>

RE: messages Dissappering by NiteMare on 03-28-2006 at 04:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
though I haven't recieved them since I got my invite to WLM8
well i've had WLM since shortly after it came out to beta testers(dodgy delay for canadians)and this has only started in the last week
RE: messages Dissappering by badeanda on 04-20-2006 at 10:27 PM

hi!

Have anyone come up with a solution to this problem? I have the same problem.. :S and it got worse when I intalled WLM.. :/