Shoutbox

Advanced MSN Space - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Advanced MSN Space (/showthread.php?tid=57578)

Advanced MSN Space by kierant on 03-29-2006 at 01:53 AM

I have an MSN Space in which I have added the Windows Media Player module - without any problems, i.e. all is working as expected. However, I currently use it to play a music video whenever someone checks my space, but I was just wondering if it would be possible to randomise the video every time the page is refreshed - much like certain indivuals' avatars on forums.

I can obtain the video codes easily enough so it would just be a case of accumulating them and putting them in some sort of special code to randomise them (I guess). I would hope to have about 5 or 6 to play randomly. Is this possible?

Thanks.

RE: Advanced MSN Space by RaceProUK on 03-29-2006 at 11:52 AM

If the widget asks for a URL, it won't be difficult to set up a PHP page, like KSMAS, to do it for you ;)

RE: Advanced MSN Space by xJ + on 03-29-2006 at 02:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kierant
I would hope to have about 5 or 6 to play randomly. Is this possible?

Thanks.
I doubt it'll allow you to make those songs play randomly. Only one song is allow for the time being, i suppose.
RE: Advanced MSN Space by RaceProUK on 03-30-2006 at 12:54 AM

Except if you use a suitably-coded PHP page, like I suggested.

RE: Advanced MSN Space by Unwritten Law on 03-30-2006 at 06:13 AM

how do you put windows media player in your space

RE: Advanced MSN Space by BensPlus-User on 04-01-2006 at 08:27 PM

I have no idea matey but Windows media player in your space, Nice one, good luck with the randomising code, i wish i could help you but i only have basic knowledge on how to rendomise images on forums.

RE: Advanced MSN Space by kierant on 04-01-2006 at 08:58 PM

Woah I completely forgot I made this thread..Thanks for the replies.

Anyway, to get WMP in your space follow these steps:

1. Log into Passport and Edit your Space.
2. In the Address bar of your web browser add the text “&powertoy=musicvideo” to the end of the displayed URL.
3. Click the Go button next to your web browser address bar.
4. Once the page has finished reloading, click on the Customize tab in your Space.
5. In the Modules drop down menu in the Customize tab there should be a listing for PowerToy: Windows Media Player. Click the word Add next to it and then click the Save button.