Shoutbox

Searching For A Skinner.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Searching For A Skinner.. (/showthread.php?tid=57580)

Searching For A Skinner.. by albert on 03-29-2006 at 04:13 AM

Hey all.. I'm currently searching for a MYBB skinner. I have lately put online my latest website which you can find here : http://sweetestmistake.net (thanks to ValSpy for the wonderful design ) and need to create a customed skin to match the layout.

I do have some requirements though, it has to be both free and fast.

So yeah, hopefully some good designer has a little time on his hand to help me out, I usually would have done it myself, but I got about a dozen projects I need to finish for school, not mentionning exams and everything.. :sad:

If anyone's interested please add me on MSNM/WLM with (with neither any [ or ] of course.)

Thank you all :)

RE: Searching For A Skinner.. by lordy on 03-29-2006 at 06:34 AM

I can't really skin MyBB (shrbr is good at that ;) ), but I have a comment on the website, it seems to load fairly slowly, due to the hugs amount of images... I don't know how you would improve that, but that's just what I first noticed.. other than that it's a very nice design. Good on you ValSpy (makes me think I should put up my new website design as well :rolleyes:)

RE: Searching For A Skinner.. by user27089 on 03-29-2006 at 06:36 AM

I can skin MyBB.

RE: Searching For A Skinner.. by albert on 03-29-2006 at 06:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I can skin MyBB.

Thanks! :) I'll contact you tonight as soon as I get some time to login.. :)
RE: Searching For A Skinner.. by Jhrono on 03-29-2006 at 07:22 PM

btw, slightly offtopic, but why don't you use  Y x 1 px and multiply them on the backgrounds with CSS ? It loads rather slowly with big images.. Plus, for example, the title (The sweetest mistake) can also be written manually, so you could cut out that image too..

RE: Searching For A Skinner.. by albert on 03-29-2006 at 08:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johny
btw, slightly offtopic, but why don't you use  Y x 1 px and multiply them on the backgrounds with CSS ? It loads rather slowly with big images.. Plus, for example, the title (The sweetest mistake) can also be written manually, so you could cut out that image too..

I'm going to be quite honest with you johny :

I have no clue what you're talking about!

Design and code is all done by valspy, I have no clue how it's written!