Shoutbox

Keyboard Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Keyboard Problem (/showthread.php?tid=57598)

Keyboard Problem by .Roy on 03-29-2006 at 12:12 PM

Well I'm using a laptop :P. I have another huge problem which always was a  problem, but now it ticks me off!

Well usually when i type fast, the spacebar doesnt always work and the letters sometimes press  twice instead of once and the spacebar also gos twice instead of once.

so it would be like this: whatss  up dudue. and stuff like that.

usualy it happens when i play in a game.. is this due to lag?

oh and the shift usually doesnt work until i take a break from what im typing!

RE: Keyboard Problem by Menthix on 03-29-2006 at 12:16 PM

you could take a look at Control Panel > Keyboard and play with the "Repeat Delay" and "Repeat Rate" settings.

How old is the laptop/ does it get used a lot? Maybe it's dirty? Or not connected properly?

RE: Keyboard Problem by Fanta on 03-29-2006 at 01:47 PM

Is it by any chance a dodgy Packard Bell laptop? :dodgy:  as I have exactly the same problem on mine. No matter how much I clean the keyboard. I have to excersize force to make the shiftkey work and the spacebar starts causing more problems as the laptop heats up.

RE: Keyboard Problem by RaceProUK on 03-29-2006 at 02:07 PM

If you have a PS/2 or USB keyboard, connect that and see if you get the same behaviour.

RE: Keyboard Problem by .Roy on 04-01-2006 at 10:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
you could take a look at Control Panel > Keyboard and play with the "Repeat Delay" and "Repeat Rate" settings.

How old is the laptop/ does it get used a lot? Maybe it's dirty? Or not connected properly?

This is a new pentium III laptop. What isnt connected properly? Its not dirty at all, i never eat around it =D.

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
If you have a PS/2 or USB keyboard, connect that and see if you get the same behaviour.

I did and with the portable keyboard it works great! So its not a software problem its the hardware, fuk even worse o.o'.
RE: Keyboard Problem by SonicT15 on 04-02-2006 at 02:08 PM

:O That's nucking futs! :P that has happend to me before. I took off the platform of the keys and just losen or tighten the key screw and seal down the key platform. I'm not 100% sure it works but it did when i was at my friends.

SonicT:banana:

RE: Keyboard Problem by AvengeX on 04-04-2006 at 02:59 PM

Hate your keyboard? Look at these :|

I had one of those bendy keyboards once for my PC, replicated just the same symptoms as you've described. And then I poured orange juice on it.. so I reverted to my good old regular one.