Shoutbox

Vista blocking Plus? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Vista blocking Plus? (/showthread.php?tid=57622)

Vista blocking Plus? by joeh205 on 03-29-2006 at 07:39 PM

[font=Arial][size=2]i have got windows vista and after i installed it i installed messenger 7.5, i afterwards downloaded msgplus and as soon as i downloading it i kept on getting the same message from "windows defender" saying that msgplus was installing and it is a high risk, look at the jpeg image below

RE: Vista blocking Plus? by user27089 on 03-29-2006 at 07:40 PM

Windows Defender has been detecting Messenger Plus! as a threat for a long time, a petition tried to stop this from happening, but it seems that it hasn't worked properly. Just ignore it, plus! is completely fine :).

RE: RE: Vista blocking Plus? by joeh205 on 03-29-2006 at 07:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Windows Defender has been detecting Messenger Plus! as a threat for a long time, a petition tried to stop this from happening, but it seems that it hasn't worked properly. Just ignore it, plus! is completely fine :).

but on xp i don't think the message came up, i thought the petition worked. maybe not in the new vista...8-)
RE: Vista blocking Plus? by Dane on 03-29-2006 at 10:51 PM

Windows Vista is still in development, and it may be running the old engine/definition files from before the petition....i'd be more concerned if this were happening in a Release Candidate build of Vista.

Dont worry, just click "Ignore" and everything will be alright.

RE: Vista blocking Plus? by joeh205 on 03-30-2006 at 06:04 PM

no but i updated the definitions and it still says that im just alerting you

RE: RE: Vista blocking Plus? by Supersonicdarky on 03-30-2006 at 06:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
just click "Ignore" and everything will be alright

RE: Vista blocking Plus? by AvengeX on 04-04-2006 at 02:52 PM

Solution:
Don't use Microsoft AntiSpyware or Windows Defender.

If you ever want to use a decent antiscumware program, use Spybot Search and Destroy or Lavasoft AdAware SE. These programs are the ones you wanna use for looking after your system because their definitions are correct, unlike a certain other company's...

RE: Vista blocking Plus? by Eddie on 04-04-2006 at 11:47 PM

Windows Defender always stuffed up on my pc and so did the new OneCare, blocking stupid stuff like Internet Explorer :S i uninstalled them both when it got to annoying 8-)

RE: Vista blocking Plus? by Vass on 04-07-2006 at 05:23 AM

I've disabled the Windows Firewall and stuff and NEVER trust AntiSpyware to have it on my PC. So I haven't had an issue. However I haven't had it on my PC cause it's only new.

I think the only thing worse in the world than a super virus is Microsoft Anti-Virus/Spyware programs. (remembering to the "unexplained error" that he gets from the Firewall which won't load anyhow)

RE: Vista blocking Plus? by joemailey on 04-07-2006 at 09:16 AM

i dunno.

I used windows defender since it been release(M$anitspyware)

I dunno i guess if people new how to use M$ products they'd realize how good it :-)

But then again for a novice user it would mean it being complicated. in my line of work.

I've test alot of different spyware programs and Windows Defender seems to be best i've used basically.

i'd fix a machine install spy ware software 2-3months later it be bck to square one, windows defender so far has lasted alot longer.

and no i not M$ lover :-P i just given my opinion.

If software is bundled with 3rd party stuff then yes i believe it should be blocked. mainly because so many probgrams out there that do have 3rd party stuff that harms the PC. I hate having to fix it :-)