Shoutbox

another MPL question.... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: another MPL question.... (/showthread.php?tid=57652)

another MPL question.... by BeauG on 03-30-2006 at 07:00 AM

Will our old plugins still work with live!?

RE: another MPL question.... by user27089 on 03-30-2006 at 07:00 AM

No, it has a new scripting feature, which means that people will release scripts instead of plugins, they are very easy to install and are easily customisable :).

RE: another MPL question.... by Matti on 03-30-2006 at 07:05 AM

And since they're as simple as it can be, (JavaScript is very easy) I except we will get a lot more developers of plugins/scripts! :D
Maybe I can try making one... :)

RE: another MPL question.... by segosa on 03-30-2006 at 07:06 AM

Wrappers can still be created to make old plugins compatible because of the CallDll function.

RE: another MPL question.... by Dempsey on 03-30-2006 at 10:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
And since they're as simple as it can be, (JavaScript is very easy) I except we will get a lot more developers of plugins/scripts! :D
Maybe I can try making one... :)
Technically its JScript, which aparently is slightly different :p

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.hostbyte.com/webhosting-help/83.php

JavaScript is a cross-platform, interpreted, object-oriented language originally designed for client-side web scripting. The elements of web pages can be manipulated via JavaScript as objects specified by the Document Object Model (DOM). This enables dynamic effects like image roll-overs and interactive effects like pages that change in response to user input without being reloaded from the server.

JScript is Microsoft's implementation of the language that contains similarities but also differences.

RE: another MPL question.... by RaceProUK on 03-30-2006 at 11:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by segosa
Wrappers can still be created to make old plugins compatible because of the CallDll function.
Not all old plugins will be wrappable. I for one will not be writing a wrapper for Phoenix: I'm going to write a whole new product called Phoenix Live ;)