Shoutbox

Hiding CERTAIN Sign-In Notifications - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Hiding CERTAIN Sign-In Notifications (/showthread.php?tid=57653)

Hiding CERTAIN Sign-In Notifications by AceOfSpades on 03-30-2006 at 07:15 AM

Just wondering if there is a option i can set so i dont see a sign in notification for a certain contacr.

For example, if i have John on my list, but i dont want to know when he signs in, is there somthing i can do to do this?

RE: Hiding CERTAIN Sign-In Notifications by user27089 on 03-30-2006 at 07:16 AM

This isn't possible I'm afraid.

RE: Hiding CERTAIN Sign-In Notifications by RaceProUK on 03-30-2006 at 11:40 AM

Yes it is!
1. Disable Messenger's own sign-in alert
2. Enable Plus!'s sign-in alert
3. Set which cointacts you want the alert for

RE: Hiding CERTAIN Sign-In Notifications by AceOfSpades on 03-30-2006 at 12:30 PM

But will it only play the sound you choose for the conatct when they sign in or will it it also show the popup box in the corner?
Id want it to show the popup box AND play the msn-sign-in sound when all selected contacts sign in...?

RE: Hiding CERTAIN Sign-In Notifications by qgroessl on 03-30-2006 at 01:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AceOfSpades
Id want it to show the popup box AND play the msn-sign-in sound when all selected contacts sign in...?

Then you'd have to turn on the contact status alert...and add a custom sound for the contact. For the custom sound you'd choose the same sound that plays for MSN Messenger toasts.

RE: Hiding CERTAIN Sign-In Notifications by AceOfSpades on 03-30-2006 at 08:17 PM

but that would show the sign-in notification for everyone, i want to choose some ppl that i wont be notified when they sign in. Like when i block someone, it doesnt tell me when they sign in. I dont want to block them, i just dont want to know when they sign in.