Shoutbox

MyBB Admin CP Demo - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: MyBB Admin CP Demo (/showthread.php?tid=57658)

MyBB Admin CP Demo by zaher1988 on 03-30-2006 at 12:30 PM

Hello all,

I'm glad to announce the release of this new service, MyBB Admin CP Demo.

Just like Vbulletin and other BB softwares have, i guess it is time for MyBB to have that, for that reason I have created this new system.

They are only few steps, and you are seeing how MyBB Admin CP looks like, try it, test it, and then judge.

• Request Access
  • Get the random username and password into your email
  • Access Admin CP using the requested the username and password
  • You're in!

This service is only Admin CP sided, so you will not be able to see what you have changed live in the Board it-self. You can do whatever you want in that Admin CP but you can't see how the changes will affect the board. However working with the Admin CP is somehow limited by the Terms of use, as we dont want any one to abuse it.

So from now on! no need to download then install MyBB just to see if you like the Admin CP or not. It's time to use MyBB Admin CP Demo From TECHEX, and i'm sure you will love MyBB.

To visit it, go [ http://cpdemo.thetechex.net ]

Regards

RE: MyBB Admin CP Demo by John Anderton on 03-30-2006 at 12:35 PM

I think this is some great work. Im trying it out and posting the results. Seems to be great so far :)

RE: MyBB Admin CP Demo by -dt- on 03-30-2006 at 12:43 PM

meh annoying to sign up for it , why not just have it open? :-/

RE: MyBB Admin CP Demo by NiteMare on 03-30-2006 at 12:44 PM

looks good, but when you click the view your forums button it gives you a file not found error, you should put in a place holder file threr, just to clean it up

RE: MyBB Admin CP Demo by zaher1988 on 03-30-2006 at 12:48 PM

quote:
meh annoying to sign up for it , why not just have it open?

we need to control it someway!. and it is better to put some limits and not having the cp demo like play yard.

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
looks good, but when you click the view your forums button it gives you a file not found error, you should put in a place holder file threr, just to clean it up
oh i got what u mean ! and wow i missed that part, though i had made one for direct visits

regards
RE: MyBB Admin CP Demo by NiteMare on 03-30-2006 at 12:53 PM

i also see that you have an account in the database, and if thats your only way of accessing, it, you should consiter adding restrictions on changing accounts ,such as the main admin (yourself)

RE: MyBB Admin CP Demo by zaher1988 on 03-30-2006 at 12:56 PM

well no! umm an visitor is free to do anything ! i can't limit their permissions easilly but that will not keep the admin cp a free place to what is that admin cp.

for that reason, each 24 hours or maybe sometime it will be less, the major parts of the database, such as the templates, themes, users etc..) are restored to the default once.
so all additional thing will be deleted.

regards
* hey check the thing of the previous posts

RE: MyBB Admin CP Demo by NiteMare on 03-30-2006 at 01:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988

* hey check the thing of the previous posts
looks better now:)
quote:
for that reason, each 24 hours or maybe sometime it will be less, the major parts of the database, such as the templates, themes, users etc..) are restored to the default once.
good, so no magor damage is done:P

RE: MyBB Admin CP Demo by Eddie on 03-30-2006 at 01:44 PM

Looks Cool...im not really the king of myBB but i think its kl :S

RE: MyBB Admin CP Demo by zaher1988 on 03-30-2006 at 06:47 PM

thanks guys for the compliments ! all for a stronger mybb.

RE: MyBB Admin CP Demo by BensPlus-User on 04-01-2006 at 08:41 PM

I think it looks quite good, nice work done there :o

RE: MyBB Admin CP Demo by zaher1988 on 04-09-2006 at 12:23 PM

There are some common problems happening over here.

1- There are alot of people thinking that they can use any username or password and log into the admin cp,
please pls dont try to login using usernames and passwords of your imagination, you can't login
i have like tens cases today people are trying to login using some like

User Names: blaat, admin, test, 1=1 etc....
Passwords: jhony, admin, test, 1=1 etc....

2- Some are thinking that the form where it says Username and Password is the place to sign up, whereas the system is so clear.

[list=a]
[*]The left menu is so clear, and it is like a chain or steps.
[*]The place to get a username and a password is called Request Access whereas the place where to login is called Enter Admin CP and it is so abvious the difference between them.
[*]The home page explain crealry the steps you should pass over so you can access the admin cp.
[*]The only way to have a username and password and to access the admin cp, is to provide your email in Request Access that you will get on a random generated username and password.

I hope this time all things are clear.

RE: MyBB Admin CP Demo by Plik on 04-09-2006 at 01:47 PM

meh it would be better if you could actually see the effects that changes have on a forum :-/

And anyone who wants to sign up without giving their email away you could use http://www.mailinator.com :P

RE: MyBB Admin CP Demo by ShawnZ on 04-09-2006 at 02:30 PM

..why not just give everyone full access, and restore changes when they log out?

RE: MyBB Admin CP Demo by zaher1988 on 04-09-2006 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Plik
meh it would be better if you could actually see the effects that changes have on a forum

Well i'm not doing a service that through it you see what will happen, and how they will look, i show how to do it, because we all know if we right this code, we will have this output, u know what i mean. We are not doing anything more than introducing the Admin CP to the visitor who are anxious about MyBB.

And we all know that for many peopel the Admin CP matters more than the rest, and a good (Easy, flexible, Effective and efficient) Admin CP will influence that visitor and instead of waitting to have some free time to install the whole software just to check how its admin cp looks.

Moreover the experience of the actually board and forum can be seen wheter on our board, on the mybb community it self.

quote:
And anyone who wants to sign up without giving their email away you could use http://www.mailinator.com 

We are not stealing people's mail, there is a automatic procedure that i run, that cleans and revert the whole major parts of the database each 24 hours

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
why not just give everyone full access, and restore changes when they log out?
Who is really intersted in knowing MyBB and not comming to abuse the service will give 1 minute of his time requesting access.
moreover, most of the services like these, uses almost the same procedures :)

Thank you, hope u are not mad at me :$ :rolleyes: :P

btw i'm still waiting for a drop from chris boulton :P
RE: MyBB Admin CP Demo by Plik on 04-09-2006 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Well i'm not doing a service that through it you see what will happen, and how they will look, i show how to do it, because we all know if we right this code, we will have this output, u know what i mean. We are not doing anything more than introducing the Admin CP to the visitor who are anxious about MyBB.

And we all know that for many peopel the Admin CP matters more than the rest, and a good (Easy, flexible, Effective and efficient) Admin CP will influence that visitor and instead of waitting to have some free time to install the whole software just to check how its admin cp looks.

Moreover the experience of the actually board and forum can be seen wheter on our board, on the mybb community it self.
But what good is an interactive demo of the Admin CP if the users interaction has no visable affect. It wont benifit them in anyway. You may aswell just have a page with screenshots :-/

quote:
We are not stealing people's mail, there is a automatic procedure that i run, that cleans and revert the whole major parts of the database each 24 hours
But you have nothing that states what happens with the email address on your site. As far as anyone can see you could be selling addresses to spammers, you need to add something to your terms of use :-/
RE: MyBB Admin CP Demo by zaher1988 on 04-09-2006 at 09:32 PM

quote:
But what good is an interactive demo of the Admin CP if the users interaction has no visable affect. It wont benifit them in anyway. You may aswell just have a page with screenshots

The idea is an Admin CP Demo, "come and check how mybb admin cp looks", and not to see how the things you edit, affect the board. it is the same for the other services, have an example http://www.vbulletin.com

quote:
But you have nothing that states what happens with the email address on your site. As far as anyone can see you could be selling addresses to spammers, you need to add something to your terms of use
i'll take in consideration and state that in the terms of use, even though i have stated before that there is such a system, but i know that they are limited who will know about it as long as it is not a part of the site itself.

regards