Shoutbox

April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! (/showthread.php?tid=57713)

April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Patchou on 04-01-2006 at 05:01 AM

Update: This is an April fools joke. The content of this post is completely functional.
People were still getting confused and it has been causing a bit of trouble. Huge thanks to Wj for putting all of this together this year and remember, watch out next year!

Hey Everyone!

We've got some exciting news for your favorite Messenger add-on! As of today, I have some new members joining my development team.

Sayid Jarrah
Kate Chalmers
Maria Sanchez

[Image: ms.png]

They are some of the best talent from the new Owner of Messenger Plus, That’s right, Messenger plus has been purchased by Microsoft. After getting a hold of the new Plus! Live beta they were excited about the features I was developing and they made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. Now to help me make this decision, We have some other great news, Another new member of the Plus! Family.

[Image: ultrasound.jpg]

Fraise and I are having a baby! We are very excited, We've been holding off on letting everyone know until I knew this deal would go through. Now I will have enough time to continue to direct and shape the development of Plus! and be a good father to my new Daughter.

We've got some exciting weeks coming up and were looking forward to working with our new co-workers at Microsoft.

And don’t worry, We're not going to let Microsoft destroy plus, It will continue to be the same great add-on it always has been.

~Patchou

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by ~INVASION~ on 04-01-2006 at 05:36 AM

september 26 2005 is the date on the baby picture, sounds like a fool to me patch :P

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Joe on 04-01-2006 at 05:36 AM

I Believe it all..! :D

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Sayid Jarrah on 04-01-2006 at 05:39 AM

Hey,

Well, Patchou was right. It wasn't a good idea to announce it on April 1st. Anyway, i'm Sayid Jarrah and i'll be helping on the Messenger Plus! project, nice to meet you :). I'll be the only one to join the forum's staff, so don't worry at all.
I can't tell you more information about me (if you don't know me) right now, but I'll try to post again this evening to give you more information and let you know what will i be doing exactly.

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by user27089 on 04-01-2006 at 05:54 AM

I'm not sure whether to believe it or not to be honest :p.

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by NiteMare on 04-01-2006 at 05:56 AM

i don't know... this could be a joke, although.... i don't know what to think

as long as patchou is in charge of plus!, and they don't add there name to it, or try to take over it, i think it might work? this is just a shock

how much did tehy offer

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Sayid Jarrah on 04-01-2006 at 06:02 AM

Dont worry, Patchou's still a part of the team, he will be doing a part of the job, just think of it as getting new developers to fully improve Messenger Plus!
Even though we might've to change the name, or a bit of it.

Oh, and we're setting things up at the moment, having a nice chat on a private forum (that's why i think you can't see all my posts).

RE: RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Matti on 04-01-2006 at 06:05 AM

Do I have to believe this? :-/

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
september 26 2005 is the date on the baby picture, sounds like a fool to me patch :P

Seems like I don't have to.
quote:
Originally posted by msgplus.net
This site is not affiliated in any way with Microsoft Corporation.

Another proof?

Good try, patch, but I advise you next time to...
  • ...train a bit in photo manipulation. :P
  • ...don't post a news message on April the 1st! We're no fools! ;)

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Mike on 04-01-2006 at 06:09 AM

Who knows, it might actually be true, because, when you try to find Sayid Jarrah's posts, you'll only see the two replys he has posted here, so he could be posting in a private forum just like he says! :O

Time will tell...

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Chrono on 04-01-2006 at 06:10 AM

Hm ya, he will have to change that "not affiliated with M$" part of the website :P. I guess he forgot about it as Plus! live will have it's own website, remember? :chrongue:

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by surfichris on 04-01-2006 at 06:13 AM

quote:
Another proof?

Good try, patch, but I advise you next time to...

...train a bit in photo manipulation.

...don't post a news message on April the 1st! We're no fools!

The main site will be updated later - and mainly as the transition to a new Messenger based site too.

Google launched Gmail on 1st April. Everyone thought that was a joke at the time and now what? They have Gmail.

As I told the people on IRC last night, we weren't sure of announcing this today because April Fools. We didn't have much of a choice in the matter in the end though.
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by NiteMare on 04-01-2006 at 06:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sayid Jarrah
Even though we might've to change the name, or a bit of it.
you change the name and you'll have a LOT of very angry people, patchou shouldn't just be "a part" of it, he should be running it, its his program and he owns the rights to it,
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by x2zen on 04-01-2006 at 06:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
its his program and he owns the rights to it,
Not if MS bought it :)
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by NiteMare on 04-01-2006 at 06:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by x2zen
quote:
its his program and he owns the rights to it,
Not if MS bought it :)

i HIGHly doubt patchou would sell COMPLETE rights to plus!
quote:
Originally posted by JDawg_0789
If you're going to test, you must be a member in order to post bugs.
read posts!!!!!!!!! there not testers there develpupers AS IN THEY DON"T REPORT BUGS THEY FIX THEM

thx, now stfu
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Mike on 04-01-2006 at 06:28 AM

If this is true anyway, does this mean that Patchou will remove the sponsor from MP!L?
If so, who will host the forums...?
Or maybe the sponsor won't get removed...?

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by surfichris on 04-01-2006 at 06:31 AM

The forums will be either moved to Microsoft's newsgroups (public) or their public forums.

The sponsor will also be removed.

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Chrono on 04-01-2006 at 06:32 AM

Can't you take it a bit more seriously? :undecided:

quote:
you change the name and you'll have a LOT of very angry people, patchou shouldn't just be "a part" of it, he should be running it, its his program and he owns the rights to it,
i have to agree that if they change the name they'll have some problems, but they have the right to do it :P. And they wouldnt change the name that much (i guess :s). I'd say something like Microsoft Messenger Plus!

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by NiteMare on 04-01-2006 at 06:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
The forums will be either moved to Microsoft's newsgroups (public) or their public forums.

The sponsor will also be removed.
this bull... microsoft is just going to distroy plus

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by user27089 on 04-01-2006 at 06:33 AM

I think this is good for Messenger Plus! Live, it means that people are going to use it more simply beacause it's a Microsoft affiliate and would be trusted 100%, instead of people believing it has trojans and stuff :).

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by NiteMare on 04-01-2006 at 06:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
And they wouldnt change the name that much (i guess ). I'd say something like Microsoft Messenger Plus!
any name would right piss me off, to the point of not updating anymore, maybe going back to 7.5 with the "original" patchou product. its patchous product, he should be the desiding factor
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Mike on 04-01-2006 at 06:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
I'd say something like Microsoft Messenger Plus!
Will take me some time to get used to this name if it's changed to it... :P
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by wj on 04-01-2006 at 06:41 AM

First batch of invited to the Connect beta for Microsoft Messenger Plus! Live should be going out shortly.

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Mike on 04-01-2006 at 06:44 AM

Messenger Plus! Live will now appear at http://ideas.live.com too? :O:O:O

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Sayid Jarrah on 04-01-2006 at 06:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Messenger Plus! Live will now appear at http://ideas.live.com too? 
Of course. That's just one of the new possibilities that you'll have now that Messenger Plus! is owned by Microsoft :)
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Mike on 04-01-2006 at 06:50 AM

Great :)
I will be waiting for my invite if this is not an April Fool's joke... :P

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by RebelSean on 04-01-2006 at 07:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton

Now im guessing patchou is a millionaire ?? :P

He was one before this all happened. Dontcha think C2Media has payed him well for the sponsor program :p?
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Patchou on 04-01-2006 at 07:07 AM

Well, we still have to arranged some final ways to share revenues of the ads of Messenger when Plus! is installed but I'm pretty sure it will be worth it yeah :).

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by John Anderton on 04-01-2006 at 07:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

Fraise and I are having a baby! We are very excited, We've been holding off on letting everyone know until I knew this deal would go through. Now I will have enough time to continue to direct and shape the development of Plus! and be a good father to my new Daughter.
Am i the only one who sees that ?? :P

How patch make a mistake there ??? Im guessing he is so happy that he seemed to have missed it out :)
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by *Saint* on 04-01-2006 at 07:14 AM

If it is true, then not one person congratulated you on being a father, which is more important than plus... i think

so congratulations

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Mike on 04-01-2006 at 07:18 AM

Hmmm...
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/reputation.php?uid=54510

quote:
Originally posted by http://shoutbox.menthix.net/reputation.php?uid=54510
The reputation system is disabled for this member.
Why that? :S

quote:
Originally posted by wj
First batch of invited to the Connect beta for Microsoft Messenger Plus! Live should be going out shortly.
Didn't got anything... :(
Maybe I'm not selected, or the invites haven't been sent yet?
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by NiteMare on 04-01-2006 at 07:34 AM

quote:
quote:
Of course. That's just one of the new possibilities that you'll have now that Messenger Plus! is owned by Microsoft :)
and so it begins, the depersonalization of plus...:dodgy:

one of the main reasons i like plus so much is the community and that fact taht  its NOT run by MS, that its its own site, and its own very personalized support team.

you go to ms all you get is auto-e-mails, or run arounds, or new groups that are incredably hard to ready
RE: RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Discrate on 04-01-2006 at 07:38 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
and so it begins, the depersonalization of plus...:dodgy:

one of the main reasons i like plus so much is the community and that fact taht  its NOT run by MS, that its its own site, and its own very personalized support team.

you go to ms all you get is auto-e-mails, or run arounds, or new groups that are incredably hard to ready

I agree, the whole reason i use plus! is because it has features that MS would never think of, but patchou did.
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by surfichris on 04-01-2006 at 07:41 AM

The move was made because it brings benefits for both Patchou and the users of Plus!

Plus! users will be benefit from having more updates, more features, better bug tracking etc.

Microsoft offered at the right time and Patchou made the best decision he could.

RE: RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Discrate on 04-01-2006 at 07:46 AM

quote:
The move was made because it brings benefits for both Patchou and the users of Plus!

Plus! users will be benefit from having more updates, more features, better bug tracking etc.

Microsoft offered at the right time and Patchou made the best decision he could.

I just heard how much he got and i see why he sold it. But still i dont think MS know what people want in IM's. and couldn't MS just fire patchou if they wanted to, or do they have an agreement or somthing?
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by NiteMare on 04-01-2006 at 07:46 AM

quote:
having more updates, more features, better bug tracking etc.
but more is not always better.....
the users of plus are concerned about quality not quanity

you could do a 100 updates and 50 new features, but that would just bloat the program up

and as for the bug tracking,i think the current bug traking is far better
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by YottabyteWizard on 04-01-2006 at 07:48 AM

I have a bad feeling, I don't have anything agains MS, but adding MS as part of the Development team... i dunno, it's just won't be the same and won't have the same objetives as the original creator/developer

BTW, CONGRATS PATCHOU!!! Wish you the best!

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by surfichris on 04-01-2006 at 07:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by joelm
just heard how much he got and i see why he sold it.
That information isn't public and even we don't know it.
quote:
but more is not always better.....
the users of plus are concerned about quality not quanity
But do you not feel Microsoft products are of a high quality too?

They'll be able to provide the functionality in Messenger which will allow Plus! to use it without worrying about compatibility.
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by user27089 on 04-01-2006 at 07:57 AM

Can nobody actually see the true benefits of this?

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by NiteMare on 04-01-2006 at 08:00 AM

quote:
But do you not feel Microsoft products are of a high quality too?
not really, its all a game to them.

take over this(hotmail), copy this( plus features), aquire this( no Plus! live)

the're products are very buggy in my opinion, and there support teams for those are practicaly not existant, apart from what i can find, or lack of finding
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Discrate on 04-01-2006 at 08:00 AM

There will be more updates and and new features, but like many people are saying MS dont know what we want, but patchou did. Now MS own msgplus, the program will be bloated and the features they put into msgplus! will be one's that know one wants or one's that know one will use.

quote:
and there support teams for those are practicaly not existant, apart from what i can find, or lack of finding.

I agree, more of there product support is e-mailing them and then in about 3 days time they will send you a message with infomation and help that does not actually help you. But with plus you can simply come onto the forums and get help in 3 minutes and not have to wait. The forum will still be here i hope, but the support wont be as good.
RE: RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Max on 04-01-2006 at 08:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Can nobody actually see the true benefits of this?

I can, I just want to know if it is going to stay free?
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Nathan on 04-01-2006 at 08:04 AM

That's great patchou,
It will make plus better than ever (even though i dont know how because it is already amazing!!!!)
So whens it due?:- as in the baby :P

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Max on 04-01-2006 at 08:13 AM

Sorry, I just have another couple of questions.

Will all the current testers be transfered over to the new testing team?

Will Patchou be incharge of the development team?

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by surfichris on 04-01-2006 at 08:17 AM

Max,

The current testers will continue - you'll receive invites soon.

Max, no Patchou will not be a product manager but he'll be one of the lead developers.

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Discrate on 04-01-2006 at 08:18 AM

Also i have a question, some people are getting invites to test msgplus live. The invites were sent out today or yesterday. How did they get them if they didn't sign up or anything?

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by surfichris on 04-01-2006 at 08:19 AM

quote:
Also i have a question, some people are getting invites to test msgplus live. The invites were sent out today or yesterday. How did they get them if they didn't sign up or anything?
Like I said, current testers will be transferred (well invited)

There will be no more and there will be no invites given out too.
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Mike on 04-01-2006 at 08:23 AM

And what is gonna happen to the beta site?
Is it gonna get destroyed, and we will get our betas from Microsoft Connect?

I'm curious to see what Microsoft will do to MP!L... :P

Also, do you know when we will get our invites?
How soon?
In the next 2-3 hours, or something else?

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by xJ + on 04-01-2006 at 08:23 AM

i truly believe that it's totally stupid of patchou to let ms take over. A totally great program like this might just get ruin by others that didn't create plus! So what if more people can use the beta of plus! before the final release. Though most of them are keen whatsoever in testing out.
Seriously patchou, you put so much time into creating messenger plus! and you just let ms buy it over even though there's a good price that they offered you. If I were you, I'll never sell such great program.

Anyway, congratulate to you patchou, you will be a father soon!

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Sayid Jarrah on 04-01-2006 at 08:25 AM

The beta site will be replaced by Microsoft Connect.

quote:
Also, do you know when we will get our invites?
How soon?
In the next 2-3 hours, or something else?
It's going to take us a while to get everyone transitioned over.

We'll be trying to associate as many people on the testing site with their Connect account details assuming they're using the same address.
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by John Anderton on 04-01-2006 at 08:25 AM

I cant wait to get our plus via connect. im waiting for my invites :D

quote:
We'll be trying to associate as many people on the testing site with their Connect account details assuming they're using the same address.
But im using a different address there. I use my hotmail to access connect and my gmail to access the plus beta :)
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by M73A on 04-01-2006 at 08:26 AM

seeing as its moving. can new people apply for testing?

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by haydos on 04-01-2006 at 08:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A

seeing as its moving. can new people apply for testing?
quote:
Like I said, current testers will be transferred (well invited)

There will be no more and there will be no invites given out too.

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Discrate on 04-01-2006 at 08:29 AM

Sayid Jarrah why can't we give you rep?

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Sayid Jarrah on 04-01-2006 at 08:30 AM

quote:
As I believe Chris answered previously, we won't be taking on any additional testers for Messenger Plus! Live.

Future version releases will be tested and when that happens we'll be using the same testers as Windows Live Messenger (Beta Butterflies). We'll also be introducing new testers in at that time.

We're really looking forward to what the future holds with our aquisition of Messenger Plus! and remember.. Your potential, our passion.
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by NiteMare on 04-01-2006 at 08:30 AM

quote:

Sayid Jarrah why can't we give you rep?
most likely becaouse the people that don't like this move will neg rep out of hate
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by t1a0s on 04-01-2006 at 08:30 AM

Hmm this all seems a bit suspicious, the date on the picture, its april fools day, i'm sure sayid jarrah is the name of one of the characters on lost....maybe i'm just pesimistic lol

But if it's all true, congrats Patchou!

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by ~INVASION~ on 04-01-2006 at 08:30 AM

well if its true, my connect that i use is not the same as my plus! email, but i guess i can change that easily with a few words from patchou

RE: RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Discrate on 04-01-2006 at 08:34 AM

quote:
quote:
As I believe Chris answered previously, we won't be taking on any additional testers for Messenger Plus! Live.

Future version releases will be tested and when that happens we'll be using the same testers as Windows Live Messenger (Beta Butterflies). We'll also be introducing new testers in at that time.

We're really looking forward to what the future holds with our aquisition of Messenger Plus! and remember.. Your potential, our passion.

So does this mean it's going to be pretty hard to become a offcial msgplus live beta tester?
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by ~INVASION~ on 04-01-2006 at 08:36 AM

quote:

you know what that also means, that means leaks will happen ooohhh about 2 minutes after its sent to your so called trusted "testers"
RE: RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Max on 04-01-2006 at 08:36 AM

quote:

Are you saying that the current Plus! testers will not longer be testers?
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by NiteMare on 04-01-2006 at 08:37 AM

quote:
So does this mean it's going to be pretty hard to become a offcial msgplus live beta tester?
no, it means it will become alot easyer, if it will become as easy as it was to test WLM
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by M73A on 04-01-2006 at 08:38 AM

quote:
quote:
no, it means it will become alot easyer, if it will become as easy as it was to test WLM

me thinks forum members should get priority (A)
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by NiteMare on 04-01-2006 at 08:39 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

me thinks patchou should remain in charge of plus entirely, from naming, to develoupment, to beta testing and testers

RE: RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Discrate on 04-01-2006 at 08:39 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Rofl yer, but i still think sending an e-mail to patchou was easy and he replyed back to in a couple of days to say to you your in. Not like connect it takes a month or more.
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by ~INVASION~ on 04-01-2006 at 08:43 AM

[Image: ms2.png]

nice addition to the site :cheesy:

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Zahid™ on 04-01-2006 at 08:52 AM

Why is it just that this announcement isnt on the main news page [ http://www.msgplus.net/news.php ] and all the others are? :P I think this is just a april fools prank 8-).

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by linx05 on 04-01-2006 at 08:56 AM

God you guys are gullible.

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by John Anderton on 04-01-2006 at 08:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Zahid™
Why is it just that this announcement isnt on the main news page [ http://www.msgplus.net/news.php ] and all the others are? :P I think this is just a april fools prank 8-).
With all the work. Patchou just didnt get the time to update it. Im sure he will put it up soon enough :)
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Discrate on 04-01-2006 at 08:58 AM

Now im starting to look at things, i think this is a joke.

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by markee on 04-01-2006 at 08:59 AM

Have a look at this link and see if it remind you of some picture you've seen before???

http://vancouver.babycost.com/uploaded_images/28%...%20face-780977.jpg

Found it on the last link of a google search on page 3 lol. (search was for "ultrasound" just so you know)

RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by M73A on 04-01-2006 at 09:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
Have a look at this link and see if it remind you of some picture you've seen before???

Found it on the last link of a google search on page 3 lol. (search was for "ultrasound" just so you know)

well done... now me thinks that is proof of april fools?
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by surfichris on 04-01-2006 at 09:01 AM

Hi Guys.

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by M73A on 04-01-2006 at 09:01 AM

quote:
Hi Guys.
Hi!

nice renaming of thread :D

i want sayid from lost back as a forum member:( try and get some other characters too :cheesy:
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by haydos on 04-01-2006 at 09:02 AM

quote:
Hi Guys.
Another April fools job well done (y)
RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by linx05 on 04-01-2006 at 09:03 AM

Very nice find markee.

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Discrate on 04-01-2006 at 09:03 AM

I knew it!!! I thought patchou would be out of his mind to do that.

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by M73A on 04-01-2006 at 09:04 AM

god, how long did it take to plan/ come up with all of this? it's great, who else would bother! lol

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by John Anderton on 04-01-2006 at 09:04 AM

Took you guys long enough to figure it out :P
It gave all of us a nice few hours of laughs .... thank you :)

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Plik on 04-01-2006 at 09:04 AM

hahahaha nice prank :lol: :lol:

i don't know if i find the joke, or the reactions more entertaining :P

quote:
I knew it!!!
Not for a long time you didn't :P
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by surfichris on 04-01-2006 at 09:05 AM

Uhh, less than 24 hours I think..

With the helping hand of an elite member I believe as well.

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by t1a0s on 04-01-2006 at 09:05 AM

It was very well done, maybe changing the date on the ultrasound would have made it more convincing though :)

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by ~INVASION~ on 04-01-2006 at 09:06 AM

i cant wait to see this blend with microsoft :D:D:D:D::D:D:D

/sarcasm

quote:

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by John Anderton on 04-01-2006 at 09:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Plik
quote:
I knew it!!!
Not for a long time you didn't :P
tru.dat

And the oscar goes to Sayid (well the guy playing him today .... dont know if im allowed to say his forum name :P)
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Sayid Jarrah on 04-01-2006 at 09:07 AM

quote:
And the oscar goes to Sayid (well the guy playing him today .... dont know if im allowed to say his forum name )
I am several people.

Watch out for me in up and coming episodes of Lost!
RE: RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Discrate on 04-01-2006 at 09:08 AM

quote:
quote:
And the oscar goes to Sayid (well the guy playing him today .... dont know if im allowed to say his forum name )
I am several people.

rofl what a name:D
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by user27089 on 04-01-2006 at 09:08 AM

* user27089 enjoys playing along ^.^

quote:
(08:41) JOEL: hey, i  heard about the news about plus. Does that mean microsoft own msgplus and msgplus live! ?
(08:41) [Luke!] I hold m: ye
(08:41) [Luke!] I hold m: s
(08:41) JOEL: damit, do you kw why patchou sold it? its gonnab e crap w MS could fire patchou
(08:41) [Luke!] I hold my breath has changed his/her personal message to "Moo"
(08:42) [Luke!] I hold m: he sold it for 30.5 Million dollars CAD
(08:42) JOEL: !
(08:42) [Luke!] I hold m: that's $36000000 AUD
(08:43) JOEL: bluudy hell!!!
(08:43) [Luke!] I hold m: yeah i know...
(08:43) JOEL: $36000000 is that in the billions?
(08:43) [Luke!] I hold m: that's 36 million
(08:43) JOEL: oh
(08:44) JOEL: but its kinda gay cuase the reason i use msgplus is becuase itsn ot owned by MS and Ms dont kw what you want in msn but patchou does
(08:44) [Luke!] I hold m: yep.
(08:45) JOEL: do u kw how to get one of those connect invites? cuase i msighned up to connect
(08:45) [Luke!] I hold m: nope

lmfao.
RE: RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by CookieRevised on 04-01-2006 at 09:09 AM

quote:
quote:

well done... now me thinks that is proof of april fools?

The sole fact that the baby pic was taken in september 2005 and stated "28 weeks" would have been enough...

The baby would have been born around november/december. No father, even Patchou, could withhold that kind of exciting news from the world ;) (and he also said "we are having a baby". Why saying that if it was already 4 months old by now?).

Just a simple math would have revealed this news was fishy (no offence, fishy ;))

----------

PS:
Sayid Jarrah is indeed a character in the TV series Lost
Kate Chalmers is an actrice who has played in the TV series of "Law of the Land"
Maria Sanchez is a pro tennis player

----------

Other reasons why this is a april fools joke aren't that solid or no proof at all: eg: problems with the voting system or online/offline system might well be possible for new added members inside new membergroups, updates on sites may well lack behind a bit (they always do), it wouldn't be the first time news on Plus! is first posted here and then added to msgplus.net, etc..

;)
RE: RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Discrate on 04-01-2006 at 09:09 AM

quote:
* traxor enjoys playing along ^.^

traxor you the one i asked how much patchou got for messenger plus!!! You said 30.5 million[Image: machinegun.gif]

rofl im gonna get you back!
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by absorbation on 04-01-2006 at 09:10 AM

All lies :P

Patchou would of announced the baby as soon as the scans came back. (September)

Think about it logically guys.

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by xJ + on 04-01-2006 at 09:10 AM

:S nice april fool joke it is. :dodgy:

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by John Anderton on 04-01-2006 at 09:13 AM

quote:
traxor you the onei asked who much patchou got for messenger plus!!! You said 30.5 million[Image: machinegun.gif]
Thats the point of playing along 8-)

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
The sole fact that the baby pic was taken in september 2005 and stated "28 weeks" would have been enough...

The baby would have been born around november/december. No father, even Patchou, could withhold that kind of exciting news from the world ;) (and he also said "we are having a baby". Why saying that if it was already 4 months old by now?)

Other reasons why this is a april fools joke aren't that solid: eg: problems with the voting system or online/offline system might well be possible for new added members (inside membergroups which are seldom used), etc.

;)
And you forgot the editpost.php mod that wj made :P i pointed out quite a few of those mistakes to the prank creators but if they would have changed it i think this wouldnt have lasted this long :P

A well pulled off prank imo

quote:
Im watching :D

quote:
rofl what a name(Smilie)
well thats the characters name from one of this/last years best shows lost :-/ And you didnt know that lost is a show :o
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by absorbation on 04-01-2006 at 09:14 AM

Belive no news on April Fools. :P

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by M73A on 04-01-2006 at 09:16 AM

quote:
quote:
I am several people.

downloading :D.... omg i cant believe whats happening:P

what member are you??????
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by John Anderton on 04-01-2006 at 09:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
Belive no news on April Fools. :P
You mean like gmail ?? :P
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by absorbation on 04-01-2006 at 09:17 AM

Lost Lost Lost! :O

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by John Anderton on 04-01-2006 at 09:23 AM

quote:
i think if someone hits you on the knee with a hammer your reflex will probably kick in by 2010 :dodgy:
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by user27089 on 04-01-2006 at 09:28 AM

quote:
quote:
i think if someone hits you on the knee with a hammer your reflex will probably kick in by 2010 :dodgy:
:LOL:
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Plik on 04-01-2006 at 09:30 AM

quote:
quote:
ahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Chestah on 04-01-2006 at 09:32 AM

Finally, i thought you were never going to tell anyone Patchou...

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by NiteMare on 04-01-2006 at 09:37 AM

quote:
And you forgot the editpost.php mod that wj made
yeah, i noticed that, there is no "edited by****** at ****" line after you edit
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Mike on 04-01-2006 at 10:12 AM

So, in what forum was that "Microsoft Developer" posting to increase his post count? :P

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by user27089 on 04-01-2006 at 10:15 AM

quote:
So, in what forum was that "Microsoft Developer" posting to increase his post count? :P

You're almost as slow as absorbation.

Private forums.
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Reaper on 04-01-2006 at 10:20 AM

so this is all real, right?

RE: RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Snake on 04-01-2006 at 10:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
God you guys are gullible.

I agree lmao
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Mike on 04-01-2006 at 10:25 AM

quote:
Private forums.
I know but what was the forum's name?
Staff forum?
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Plik on 04-01-2006 at 10:30 AM

quote:
quote:

You're almost as slow as absorbation.

Private forums.
Or Smurfi could have just db haxxed his post count up :P
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by surfichris on 04-01-2006 at 10:36 AM

quote:

It is just disabled.

*Re-enabled*

Yes, our little Microsoft Developer was busy discussing the transition in the staff forum.
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by emit on 04-01-2006 at 10:45 AM

* emit snickers

Amusing how many people actually believed it.

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Mike on 04-01-2006 at 10:51 AM

Is he gonna get removed from the forum team now? :P

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Chestah on 04-01-2006 at 10:52 AM

quote:
Is he gonna get removed from the forum team now? :P

dude, patchou sold plus.. he is a part of the team now :P
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by John Anderton on 04-01-2006 at 10:59 AM

quote:
quote:

It is just disabled.

*Re-enabled*

Yes, our little Microsoft Developer was busy discussing the transition in the staff forum.
Nitemare also fails for actually not noticing the first 2-3 times i posted that :-/
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by aNILEator on 04-01-2006 at 11:29 AM

yes i also found that image on google and saw the date and weeks of baby but didn't want to ruin the joke for everyone :P

I kinda feel sorry for fraisie, she might want a little 'addition(plus:P yes bad joke i know)' to the family now

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Pyroteq on 04-01-2006 at 12:00 PM

i knew it.. i posted about 3rd or 4th saying haha april fools, nice try.. but it got deleted :p

I also knew that Sayid is a character from lost.. and speaking of lost who has seen the 29/3 episode (217)

It has to be the best episode yet.

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by qgroessl on 04-01-2006 at 01:47 PM

:p... yeah... my post got deleted too... I think I was the 2nd or something like that to post.... But eh... lol.... I knew it was a joke:p

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by prashker on 04-01-2006 at 03:46 PM

The only way to find out is to call Patchou

* prashker opens up email with Patchou's info :D

edit: ;-)

quote:
Here is my contact information, if your dad wants to call me, I don't mind
:). I would give him my social security number and my passport to go see
this movie :p.

In any case, thanks again for the opportunity! :D
Cyril

ERROR CONTACT INFO REMOVED =P

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by John Anderton on 04-01-2006 at 04:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
:p... yeah... my post got deleted too... I think I was the 2nd or something like that to post.... But eh... lol.... I knew it was a joke:p
Assuming this wasnt a prank, couldnt the character sayid (the one here) delete it cause he doesnt want negative thoughts about the merger here or people undermining his position just because his name was the same as the character from lost.

It is easier to say this now but tbh very few people had enough proof (found by themselves not others) that was conclusive in proving that this was a hoax. The earlier you got that proof, the funnier it seemed. Btw, patchou wasnt involved in this prank :refuck:
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by -rafy- on 04-01-2006 at 04:39 PM

*whistles*

so any babies planned patchou? ;)

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Chris4 on 04-01-2006 at 04:42 PM

:lol:

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Discrate on 04-01-2006 at 04:44 PM

Fraisies online she might be able to tell us :P

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Micron on 04-01-2006 at 04:47 PM

I thought Sayid Jarrah was a character in Lost lol http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=211480 :S

RE: RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Discrate on 04-01-2006 at 04:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Micron
I thought Sayid Jarrah was a character in Lost lol http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=211480 :S

He is *-)
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by jren207 on 04-01-2006 at 04:53 PM

:o missed everything :P blah
nice baby :P

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by L. Coyote on 04-01-2006 at 04:58 PM

:rofl:

I was sleeping... :( I missed the whole thing! :P

Nice joke!

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by AvengeX on 04-01-2006 at 04:58 PM

Will the fact that MsgPlus is now owned by Microsoft mean that it can toy with it as it likes? I hope not, because tbh Microsoft ruins things it purchases.

RE: RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Discrate on 04-01-2006 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AvengeX
Will the fact that MsgPlus is now owned by Microsoft mean that it can toy with it as it likes? I hope not, because tbh Microsoft ruins things it purchases.

Please read the threads name. Microsoft dosent own msgplus it was a trick for april fools!
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by AvengeX on 04-01-2006 at 05:01 PM

Oops, my bad. I didn't read the other posts, just saw that and thought "damn!"

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Discrate on 04-01-2006 at 05:04 PM

You should always read posts first before replying.

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Chrono on 04-01-2006 at 05:36 PM

Asunto: Account Activation at Messenger Plus! Forums

Sayid Jarrah, To complete the registration process on Messenger Plus! Forums, you will need to go to the URL below in your web browser.

:D

i was Sayid on the very first posts (the ones on the first 3 pages :P), and i indeed increased her post counter in the staff's forum :P. But someone else (:dodgy:) changed the password while i was asleep and kept posting :P. So now i lost my baby, Sayid Jarrah :(. I WANT THE ACCOUNT BACK! :P

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by zixyon on 04-01-2006 at 06:04 PM

hehe was too easy, would never believe that all
also why would microsft put extra add-on for msg when it can just do all that directly with the program, besides patchou would never ever sell our babe "msg plus" to such company

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by otto888 on 04-01-2006 at 06:33 PM

:@:@:@:@You gave a heart attack! but then I read the title and you made angry as ***************************************************************************************!

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by [MR] on 04-01-2006 at 07:06 PM

wow im gullible, i thought it was true even with the title changed to april fools :P

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Voldemort on 04-01-2006 at 07:31 PM

i had a bad feeling about this..

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by blackjack on 04-01-2006 at 07:46 PM

Can u imagine something like this?

Available in stores..

[Image: pooratry0no.png]

And i know :P its a poor attempt.. and very clean to be a Microsoft Product :P

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by wj on 04-01-2006 at 07:48 PM

quote:
Just a simple math would have revealed this news was fishy (no offence, fishy (Smilie))

Hey, That was my post :-P Just kept my mouth shut about it.
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Lt.Col.DraGon on 04-01-2006 at 08:15 PM

Who knows.. the m$ developer nickname was created by patchou and at the same time he posted as if it were the dev...

Happy April Fools Day!

I don't believe any word patch said lol.

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by RaPLeX on 04-01-2006 at 08:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lt.Col.DraGon

I don't believe any word patch said lol.

me too :P happi april fools day. :D

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by artfuldodga on 04-01-2006 at 08:25 PM

I almost believed this! ... as when i was looking at mess.be, google has once again released something new on april fools...  bah:) the internet sucks, anyway... good one! ... though, i personally don't think
Windows Live Messenger Plus! .. would be a bad thing:) especally for patchou. everybody needs $$ sometime :P ... plus he could prob lead the dev team :D

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by :No-Frost: on 04-01-2006 at 08:58 PM

GD!!!! I almost had a heart attach... For just a couple of secodns I imagine my self paying lik $200 bucks for MSG Plus ... DAMMIT!!!! :@

RE: RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by blackjeffrey1 on 04-01-2006 at 09:29 PM

quote:

the pic might of been taken then.

It says the baby is 28 weeks old so she wouldnt be born yet and mabye patchu was just waiting until now.

P.S. april fools jokes should not be put on an internet site that everyone can acess around the world as it is now 7:30 am EST in australia on april 2nd so it aint april fools
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by ddunk on 04-01-2006 at 09:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blackjeffrey1
It says the baby is 28 weeks old so she wouldnt be born yet and mabye patchu was just waiting until now.
Err... yes it would have been.

9 months * 4.3 weeks in a month = 38.7 weeks.
38.7 weeks - 28 weeks = 10.7 weeks

It's been more than 10.7 weeks since September.

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by ryguy2008 on 04-01-2006 at 10:08 PM

See the message topic? April Fools is in it.

It is a joke. Common.....:P:P:P:P:P

ryguy2008

RE: RE: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Paulskinner007 on 04-01-2006 at 10:12 PM

quote:

More updates? Are you kidding?
XP is 4 years old, and will be 5 years old by the time Vista comes out.
IE6 is nearly 6 years old.

More updates my ar*e.
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Plik on 04-01-2006 at 10:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Paulskinner007
More updates? Are you kidding?
XP is 4 years old, and will be 5 years old by the time Vista comes out.
IE6 is nearly 6 years old.

More updates my ar*e.
ahh, but those products arn't part of MSN or "live".
The dev team for messenger is a completly different bunch of devs to vista or IE, and messenger generally has quite a few updates.
quote:
Originally posted by ryguy2008
See the message topic? April Fools is in it.

It is a joke. Common.....:P:P:P:P:P

ryguy2008
[Image: captain_obvious.gif]
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by motomotomd on 04-01-2006 at 11:13 PM

Ive done it, well done patchou but not today

Was it just me that google searched the microsoft names?

Sayid Jarrah-Bloke From "Lost" Tv series
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayid_Jarrah

Kate Chalmers-Some Tv Series Ive Never Heard Of "Law of the Land"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106054/

Maria Sanchez-Seems To Be A Tennis Player, Or a pornstar:o:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|
http://www.geocities.com/mariasanchez_l/

So thats either proof, or the microsoft people got kl names (H)

Matt De'Ath (thats my cool name)

EDIT: oooo i got here too late obviously

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by albert on 04-01-2006 at 11:21 PM

That better be a fucking april's fool joke. :dodgy:
(talking about microsoft.. not the baby..)

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by ddunk on 04-01-2006 at 11:23 PM

quote:
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus!

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by albert on 04-01-2006 at 11:25 PM

Woops.. hadn't seen the title.. got linked off mess.be..

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Lou on 04-02-2006 at 02:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alby
Woops.. hadn't seen the title.. got linked off mess.be..
You should've read the thread.

I can't believe so many people fell for it, and keep falling for it now. It's quite funny really.
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by BeauG on 04-02-2006 at 02:54 AM

lol, came here a bit late obviously....

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Pipish on 04-02-2006 at 02:55 AM

this is alot to take in :| i havnt been round here for a while and i come back and read this big news but i think its a good choice

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by RebelSean on 04-02-2006 at 03:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pipish
this is alot to take in :| i havnt been round here for a while and i come back and read this big news but i think its a good choice

April fools :dodgy:.
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by John Anderton on 04-02-2006 at 06:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pipish
:lol: Pipish fails (A)

Tbh wj needs to think of better names. It was just too obvious. Ask me next year ;)
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Eddie on 04-02-2006 at 07:41 AM

hehe :P thats cool lol...nice april fools :P I wonder how many actually did get fooled by it :P

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by user27089 on 04-02-2006 at 08:40 AM

Why are everyone still falling for it?!

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by lordy on 04-02-2006 at 09:04 AM

because they don't read the entire thread before posting

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Plik on 04-02-2006 at 09:08 AM

haha, its supposed to be bad luck to do a prank after midday, and it must be really bad luck to fall for one after midday :P

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by J-Thread on 04-02-2006 at 09:48 AM

Hahahaha too bad I didn't read this thread untill today... I like such jokes:D:bow::cool::cownana:

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Nathan on 04-02-2006 at 10:47 AM

they don't need to read the thread :P
They just need to read the title :refuck:

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Chestah on 04-02-2006 at 10:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Msg Plus Freak

They just need to realise that the thread was posted on April Fools.. thats more then enough to ruin its credibility :P
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by John Anderton on 04-02-2006 at 12:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Msg Plus Freak
if everyone read the title now and then, spam would decrease by 60% !!!!
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by hypedupmonkey on 04-02-2006 at 12:28 PM

Public Effenciancy....
Thats more like it ;)

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by XM4ST3RX on 04-02-2006 at 04:27 PM

Hi,

I think it was a semi-serious thing... Patchou just wanting to see what people would think before he makes the decision ;)?

haha

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by John Anderton on 04-02-2006 at 04:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XM4ST3RX
Patchou just wanting to see what people would think before he makes the decision
Patchou wasnt even involved in this prank. Patchou didnt make the first post (yeah you read it correctly)
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by YottabyteWizard on 04-02-2006 at 05:40 PM

OMFG, I can't belive this, i was starting to make a war about this :@ Thank god it's not true".. and very this joke i was going crazy :banana:

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by riahc4 on 04-02-2006 at 11:23 PM

Honestly if you believed that.....

You are problably a person that still doesnt understand the "Yes" and "No" options of the sponser section of the Plus! setup.

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by qgroessl on 04-02-2006 at 11:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Honestly if you believed that.....

You are problably a person that still doesnt understand the "Yes" and "No" options of the sponser section of the Plus! setup.

:lol:haha..... That's true though....
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by lordy on 04-03-2006 at 10:24 AM

blah. some people are just sooo gullible :rolleyes:

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Sunshine on 04-03-2006 at 02:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Atomic22
Who knows if Patchou is telling the truth if you think about it he might not be I mean hardly anyone tells the truth on april fools day, anway everyone is worried about plus what about the public messenger 8.0 microsoft has said in the past like at the end of march i belive and what do we get nothing those liers sheesh there slow its like there is only 2 people working on it we've been waiting for a long time for this why don't they find geniuses to figure it out.
Ehh what? Can this be devided in seperate sentences please, i can't follow...

Anyways this is an aprilfools prank..look at the thread title ;)

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by [MR] on 04-03-2006 at 03:15 PM

quote:
[size=2][b]Who knows if Patchou is telling the truth,  if you think about it he might not be  I mean hardly anyone tells the truth on april fools day,  anway everyone is worried about plus,  what about the public messenger 8.0? microsoft has said in the past like at the end of march i belive and what do we get nothing those liers sheesh there slow its like there are only 2 working on it why don't they just geniuses to figure it out they think there going to have before next year I highly doubt that.
we have already established that it was an april fools day joke :P
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Atomic22 on 04-03-2006 at 03:18 PM

[size=2][b]Who knows if Patchou is telling the truth,  if you think about it he might not be  I mean hardly anyone tells the truth on april fools day,  anway everyone is worried about plus,  what about the public messenger 8.0? microsoft has said in the past like at the end of march i belive and what do we get nothing those liers sheesh there slow its like there are only 2 working on it why don't they just geniuses to figure it out they think there going to have before next year I highly doubt that.

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by user27089 on 04-03-2006 at 03:27 PM

Atomic, can you read... it was a JOKE.

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by hypedupmonkey on 04-03-2006 at 03:32 PM

Its so funny...the title has "APRIL FOOLS" in it yet people think it is realisitic...Say it with me on the count of 3...

One...

Two....

Three....

APRIL...FOOLS!

Obviously, the 'foolyness' lingers on past April 1st.

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Sunshine on 04-03-2006 at 03:33 PM

That's a little bit better Atomic22, anyways you can't compare Patchou with Microsoft..nor can we do anything about the speed with wich WLM develops...final release is now estimated end of April. You can however use the public beta if you wish to do so, more info about that here.

As for Plus!Live we hope to release it around the same time..can't guarantee it will though..all depends on what changes in WLM itself too.

As it says in the thread title, the news in the first post isn't true..Microsoft did not buy Plus! and that echo isn't Fraisie's.

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Atomic22 on 04-03-2006 at 03:42 PM

Ok? so your saying there is a public better not leaked out already?

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Sunshine on 04-03-2006 at 03:44 PM

quote:
Ok? so your saying there is a public better not leaked out already?
Yes, there is a public beta version of WLM (MSN Messenger 8.0).
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Atomic22 on 04-03-2006 at 03:47 PM

well i'll be a roast duck never seen it could you tell me if its the same as the leaked one or has it changed?

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by hypedupmonkey on 04-03-2006 at 03:50 PM

Leaked one?
WLM is pratically public is it not? Is he talking about MsgPlus! Live?

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Sunshine on 04-03-2006 at 04:34 PM

quote:
well i'll be a roast duck never seen it could you tell me if its the same as the leaked one or has it changed?
I don't know wich version you had..but all are different, go download and see ;)
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Atomic22 on 04-03-2006 at 06:38 PM

messnger plus live of course lol

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by markee on 04-04-2006 at 02:00 AM

quote:

there has been a leak? You sure its not one of the fakes thats actually a virus?
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by qgroessl on 04-04-2006 at 02:01 AM

quote:
quote:

there has been a leak? You sure its not one of the fakes thats actually a virus?

I'm sure he'd know... considering he'd not be able to see his contact list.
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by theteck on 04-04-2006 at 03:44 AM

Yo

i dont write often ...

but Patchou hehehe Write april fool to finish the discussion hehehe

thats all

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by rudefrog on 04-04-2006 at 12:10 PM

If this is true then froggies got a feelin that he's gonna have to pay some $$$ in the future for having 'plus!' ... that suckith!:-#

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by qgroessl on 04-04-2006 at 12:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rudefrog
If this is true then froggies got a feelin that he's gonna have to pay some $$$ in the future for having 'plus!' ... that suckith!:-#

Please read the thread title... it clearly says April Fools :p... it is in no way true.
msn messenger 8.0 by Atomic22 on 04-04-2006 at 02:23 PM

the msn messenger 8.0 I have must be  the right one cause in the other beta's they have to have a special patch to help them log in am I right? I don't belive that april fools joke one bit what a cruel thing to do to someone april fools is for kids.

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Eddie on 04-04-2006 at 02:37 PM

You no longer need an invite to use Windows Live Messenger 8.0 so you no longer need the patch that was created to change the protocol file to login (very very old news i know) :) I found the aprils fools joke rather considering how many times its been said that MS wont buy MP :P and still people fell for it :P

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Atomic22 on 04-04-2006 at 02:54 PM

Are those links devil? if they are there not working.

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by HarrySeldon on 04-04-2006 at 10:34 PM

Excellent joke!! at beginning i believed it completely becose we (spanish world) havent "april fools" actually we have "día de los inocentes" (innocent's day) but its dec 28!!

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Pyroteq on 04-05-2006 at 01:32 PM

quote:
quote:

There has been an official version leaked, however it is not advisable that you download it as it is full of bugs and will crash your computer.
RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by Atomic22 on 04-05-2006 at 10:18 PM

So there isn't a plus out yet for messenger live? Is it offical that they are releasing it at the end of this month?(H)

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by qgroessl on 04-05-2006 at 11:21 PM

Not really official... but it's the proposed release date... it could get moved forward or shoved back as they see fits.

RE: April Fools: Exciting News for Messenger Plus! by wj on 04-05-2006 at 11:38 PM

Ok. Haha. I think we've had enough :spam: in this thread now.