Shoutbox

Google Romance and Gtalk with buddy icons - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Google Romance and Gtalk with buddy icons (/showthread.php?tid=57721)

Google Romance and Gtalk with buddy icons by aNILEator on 04-01-2006 at 09:00 AM

Well today google offer us their usual april fools and there good thing

1. April FOOLS!!!!!

Google Romance, post your profile and find your perfect partner with google's i'm feeling lucky feature :P

2. Gtalk With Buddy Icons

First impressions WOW what an update!

chats look great now with the new display pictures, which you can choose any picture you want

This build also has Conversation Themes to change the layout of your messages
for instance, ping pong with buddy icons displays your messages on the left and your contacts mesages on the right. There are 9 themes included by default, but i'm sure some people will make more somehow

Some minor UI changes (text to buttons)

OVERALL:
I really like the new build and once again will be reccommending it to all my contact list, still needs to have file transfer and graphic emoticons (i know graphic emoticons are possible with gtalk addons :S)

By the Way whatever happened to patchous announcement about Google, in which juzzi (i think) was saying about gtalk plus?????

RE: Google Romance and Gtalk with buddy icons by NiteMare on 04-01-2006 at 09:39 AM

what build are you using?

RE: Google Romance and Gtalk with buddy icons by M73A on 04-01-2006 at 09:42 AM

i only have 2 contacts on googletalk... and one of them is my other account, lol... msn for me please :D

RE: Google Romance and Gtalk with buddy icons by aNILEator on 04-01-2006 at 10:02 AM

I'm using build 1.0.0.91 available from www.filehippo.com

RE: Google Romance and Gtalk with buddy icons by NiteMare on 04-01-2006 at 10:05 AM

so why does gtalk.com give my 1.0.0.86?

RE: Google Romance and Gtalk with buddy icons by aNILEator on 04-01-2006 at 11:21 AM

because its not been officially released to the whole public
it is on gtalk somewhere but labelled under gtalk_tester.exe or something, but it is legitimate and works a charm from filehippo.com

RE: Google Romance and Gtalk with buddy icons by Mablung on 04-01-2006 at 01:25 PM

Download from Google: http://desktop.google.com/download/googletalk/goo...-setup-testing.exe

RE: Google Romance and Gtalk with buddy icons by aNILEator on 04-01-2006 at 04:55 PM

thanks mablung, its a really cool build i think

anyone see the 'news' on mess.be that they are going to start a gtalk site? do you reckon its legitimate or a really dodgy april fools joke

i think it would be good to have a gtalk news site :)

RE: Google Romance and Gtalk with buddy icons by blackjack on 04-01-2006 at 05:00 PM

Fukafly do you see DP/Buddy icons in conversations? I saw some screenshots with Images on convo :S.. But i dont know how to (Enable?) that stuff.. :cry:

Edit: [Image: 667-google-talk-beta-adds-buddy-icons-go...a-chat.jpg]

RE: Google Romance and Gtalk with buddy icons by aNILEator on 04-01-2006 at 05:53 PM

yeah build .91 has the buddy icons and layout themes

please download from the link specified and you should be able to add DP's from the contact list :)

RE: Google Romance and Gtalk with buddy icons by blackjack on 04-01-2006 at 07:15 PM

Yeah.. im using that version.. but im not able to use Images in conversations :S.. dunno why..

Anyway forget about this ;) maybe its a problem at my side :P

RE: Google Romance and Gtalk with buddy icons by aNILEator on 04-01-2006 at 10:58 PM

have you changed your theme to be one with out pictures? that might be the case, go to google talks settings, you can contact me i'm still fukafly on googletalk :)

RE: Google Romance and Gtalk with buddy icons by Hank on 04-01-2006 at 11:32 PM

cant wait foir the next buildd though..  but this one rocks so far :)

RE: Google Romance and Gtalk with buddy icons by aNILEator on 04-02-2006 at 09:09 AM

i know if only it had a file transfer and webcam features it would pwn msn for its simplicity and speed and it never crashes

RE: Google Romance and Gtalk with buddy icons by sufcste on 04-02-2006 at 09:14 AM

So why hasn't build .91 been released publicly and officially on http://www.google.com/talk/ and will it be released by them soon?

EDIT: Never mind, .92 has been publicly released on auto update!