Shoutbox

The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* (/showthread.php?tid=57725)

The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by Pyroteq on 04-01-2006 at 12:05 PM

Wow was that the best episode yet or what.. Finally alot of things have come together..

You will only know what im talking about if you live in the USA and watched lost on the 29th of march (last wed) or you have downloaded ep '217'
I dont think locke will remember all that, but knowing lost it probly wont be mentioned till oh... season 3 perhaps.

Next week's episode: 'Dave'

Libby lends a helping hand to Hurley to support him when he begins to think the island is having a strange effect on him, and Locke's sense of purpose is shaken when the prisoner gives him new information about the hatch.

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 by segosa on 04-01-2006 at 12:17 PM

Heh, yeah, that really was a good episode. SPOILER: don't carry on reading if you've not seen the latest episode (2x17).

SPOILER

I really like the way they worked Henry Gale's innocence throughout the episode, making the viewer believe he really is innocent after all. For him to be one of The Others was really the last thing I expected. I'm glad he is, though, because hopefully we'll find out more about these so called others in the episodes to come.

I wonder also whether Locke will lose use of his legs again, I kind of thought the flashbacks were leading up to us finding out how he became paralyzed in the first place (or has that already been shown but I can't remember?).

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 by user27089 on 04-01-2006 at 12:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by segosa
how he became paralyzed in the first place (or has that already been shown but I can't remember?).

It showed it in the first series, once his "Dad" used him to get a kidney transplant, he had a car crash.
RE: Lost '217' 29/3 by Pyroteq on 04-01-2006 at 12:50 PM

Yeah its been shown, imagine how painful it would be for his character to feel the loss of his legs again.. i liked the henry gale part too but i think theres probly more to him that what weve seen so far, he might reveal some more secrets about the hatch.

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 by Discrate on 04-01-2006 at 12:51 PM

I'm sick of watching lost episodes and they dont answer anything. I wish there would be a episode soon that would answer some of my questions.

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 by saralk on 04-01-2006 at 12:58 PM

My Lost theory is that Kate is involved in the Dharma somehow.

Evidence for this...

Federal agents went after her, for killing her father. Not local police.

Her step father was in the Army, Goodwin (Other 48 Days) had a U.S. Army knife

Kate has been running away from something all her life (possibly the Dharma)

Kate wasn't seen in the pilot until she sewed up Jack's wound, maybe she was meeting up with the Dharma

When the marshall woke up, he didn't ask where he was, but told Jack to look out for Kate. She must be pretty dengerous.

Kate is on most of the missions, maybe she is trying to stop them finding out too much.

When she is kidnapped by the Dharma, it looks very similar to when she robbed the bank for the toy plane.

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 by Pyroteq on 04-02-2006 at 06:36 AM

I duno.. i doubt that.. I want to know how they air dropped the supplies without the other 'lost' characters noticing a plane. Maybe the lockdown is ment to prevent them from seeing where the supplies come from but still they would have to fly pretty dam high to not by noticed by those on the beach.

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 by Phillip on 04-02-2006 at 07:06 AM

I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS...>!!!!1!11

jk.. This show is so addictive. its not the best show but im hooked cause i want 2 know what happens and i want 2 figure it out 4 my self b4 the show finishes..

dl new ep now.... :D

My Therorys...

Dam dont have any... :(

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 by M73A on 04-02-2006 at 08:23 AM

PUT SPOILER IN THE TITLE!!!

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by Pyroteq on 04-02-2006 at 10:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by joelm
I'm sick of watching lost episodes and they dont answer anything. I wish there would be a episode soon that would answer some of my questions.

Exactly why that ep was so dam good.

Spoiler is in the title.
RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by Sayid Jarrah on 04-02-2006 at 12:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
Federal agents went after her, for killing her father. Not local police.
Because she committed federal crimes (international) and was being extradited because of them.

quote:
When the marshall woke up, he didn't ask where he was, but told Jack to look out for Kate. She must be pretty dengerous.
Wouldn't you if you were transporting a prisoner back and clearly they weren't with you?

PS: I know, because I was there ;)
RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by John Anderton on 04-02-2006 at 12:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sayid Jarrah
PS: I know, because I was there ;)
:lol:

* John Anderton wonders who is controlling the account now

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by Discrate on 04-03-2006 at 12:21 PM

I bet theres 7 people controlling it, its someone new everyday:P

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by John Anderton on 04-03-2006 at 02:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joelm
I bet theres 7 people controlling it, its someone new everyday:P
RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by Pinchichuv on 04-03-2006 at 03:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by segosa
I wonder also whether Locke will lose use of his legs again, I kind of thought the flashbacks were leading up to us finding out how he became paralyzed in the first place (or has that already been shown but I can't remember?).
yep that will happen
RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by M73A on 04-03-2006 at 05:51 PM

WTF!!! just downloaded and YAY!!! DHARMA MAP!!!

[Image: lostsymbols23hz.jpg]

WOW... i didnt see it at first but it says I AM HERE... and its got the good mapped out version of their hatch... then the simple maps of the other hatches.... but wtf is the question mark in the center... i think its going to be the series ender finding that out..

yes im so lame i bothered to take the picture >.<

cropped + zoomed version

[Image: lostsymbolscrop5vf.jpg]

the others seem to know a lot about the hatches.... i think they are part of project dharma!

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by Sayid Jarrah on 04-03-2006 at 08:06 PM

We had this sitting in one of the magazines in the Hatch bathroom.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=628233]

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by Voldemort on 04-03-2006 at 08:25 PM

Damn you Sayid, you are the next one :P

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by M73A on 04-03-2006 at 09:31 PM

can i ask is it safe to read that map? or will it spoil the show for me?

EDIT: bah.. got bored and read it, well that was a waste of time, half of it is latin and the rest is not helpful....lol

RE: RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by Pyroteq on 04-04-2006 at 07:47 AM

Its not what the map says. its the fact that they found it, and how they found it. Why are you reading this thread if you havnt seen it yet! You'll spoil it :p

quote:
We had this sitting in one of the magazines in the Hatch bathroom.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=628233]

- The staff (Top Left)
The staff is where claire was held captive by the others, "Cerebus" is the mythical watchdog of hell. Its probly that smoke-monster. "AH" could be the Dharma financier, Alvar Hanso.. But who is MDG? and if Dharma abandoned this hatch in 85' does this mean the 'others' arnt affiliated with them?
-Middle Question Mark and dashed locations
Probly undiscovered hatches. the circle marked ? might mean the mapmaker was unsure these places existed. The notation near 'C3' suggests underground tunnels.
-Cv Rectangles
Could suggest electormagnetic energy or viewing stations.
-Magnus (Bottom right)
'Black rock' is a slave ship beached in the jungle, Magnus hanso must be linked to Alvar Hanso. but might be a reference to a book from 1965 titled magnus, about a man on an island who gets sucked into a godgame.
Very bottom right
Ursus Maritmus means 'Polar bear' .. Is dharma experimenting with animal adaptability? And if so.. why?
Questions
Who was the mapmaker?
Whats up with the math equations and the latin?
How can we be sure the map isnt some kind of Dharma mind game?
How much will Locke remmeber?
And what will he do for a chance to see it again?
RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by tomfletcherman on 04-04-2006 at 12:15 PM

I was going to post the map :P Episode 217 was very interesting, and the fact that their hostage is one of the others will probably help them to find a lot of new information. The fact that there are other hatches is interesting and poses the question of how large the island actually is, and whether there are other hatch operators. The map clearly shows the possibility of there being a central station which connects all of the hatches together, and it is becoming apparent that they are not as isolated as they think, the blast doors and power outage giving time for a plane to be flown in and supplies dropped. The map was probably not meant to be seen by john, and if the speakers worked properly he would have probably been instructed to go into the room with the computer before the count down ended. Linking back to another episode, after the timer ranout, there were Egyptian symbols on the timer which must have some meaning. In a way, it is possible that the timer serves as a signal to the operators of the dharma initiative so they know if they are in trouble, ie they cannot type in the code.

Edit: I forgot to mention the chances are the map on the door will not be shared with the hostage, and that they will probably try to put the ultraviolet lights back on and so the saga will continue...

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by Pyroteq on 04-04-2006 at 12:19 PM

even if they put the ultraviolet on it they still have to make those big ass blast doors come down.

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by M73A on 04-04-2006 at 12:19 PM

'henry gale' denied doing anything to open the security doors... me thinks he did because he is actually one of the others.... so im guessing they will use him to make the doors go down, and they can use the map when they want...

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by Pyroteq on 04-04-2006 at 12:38 PM

Yeah thats an interesting theory. It says that in the next ep he sheds more light on the hatch to locke, so obviously he does know somthing about it...

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by M73A on 04-04-2006 at 02:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Crimcz
hmm maybe he saw another map or somethin like locke did 2..??

hmm i dunno... im surprised 'the others' haven't come for him yet...

and who is the real henry gale? where did he come from? i was thinking he actually did come from minnesota and was hot air ballooning but wasnt the ballon the same as what got dropped off outside the hatch (full of food)
RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by saralk on 04-04-2006 at 02:50 PM

my theory on this whole thing is that the UV lights are there so that Dharma staff come into the hatch and restock everything, the two people operating the machinery remain in the computer room, typing in the numbers.

The reasons that the UV lights are there is because the UV rays will kill bacteria and stuff, just to "sterelise" the room. Either from the people who come in, i.e. to stop outside contamination, or to protect the people who are restocking because the people in the hatch might have the illness.

The thing that dropped the package is probably some sort of glider that doesn't make any noise, it was in the middle of the night so the losties probably didn't hear it, and they would have no reason to look in that general direction.

And this is completley offtopic, but the keyboard that I am using at the moment is AMAZING! Its just a generic PS/2 keyboard, but the buttons are perfect, and i'm typing like a rockstar

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by Sayid Jarrah on 04-04-2006 at 05:15 PM

I am Sayid Jarrah and I am a Torturer.

Back to what I was saying before, I'm thinking of shooting Henry Gale here shortly. Jack and Locke arent progressing with him.

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by Pyroteq on 04-05-2006 at 10:43 AM

I think henry will either die or escape.
They havnt come for him, probly because he was just planted there on purpose.. Or maybe they cast him out.. or even just dont care.

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by Sayid Jarrah on 04-05-2006 at 03:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
They havnt come for him, probly because he was just planted there on purpose.. Or maybe they cast him out.. or even just dont care.

Jack is talking of trading him to the others. Dont know what for, mabey some information or Michael and his son.
RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by Pinchichuv on 04-05-2006 at 03:40 PM

quote:
quote:

Jack is talking of trading him to the others. Dont know what for, mabey some information or Michael and his son.
i didnt know that the computer on the hatch, have internet :P
RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by Sayid Jarrah on 04-05-2006 at 03:56 PM

Didnt you see the episode where Michael was talking to Walt via MSN? Or did you just miss the butterfly in the upper right hand corner?

Ya know sawyer has to have his pr0n.

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by Pinchichuv on 04-05-2006 at 04:11 PM

quote:
Didnt you see the episode where Michael was talking to Walt via MSN? Or did you just miss the butterfly in the upper right hand corner?

i miss that episode damn it.
you know that sawyer, if he cant get some with kate, he at least watch some pr0n
RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by wj on 04-05-2006 at 05:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jchichuv
quote:

you know that sawyer, if he cant get some with kate, he at least watch some pr0n

I'm guessing sawyer has all the heroin they took from Charlie too! He's probably baked off his loaf.

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by M73A on 04-05-2006 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
quote:
Originally posted by jchichuv
quote:

I'm guessing sawyer has all the heroin they took from Charlie too! He's probably baked off his loaf.
charlie got to take it for attacking sun.
RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by wj on 04-05-2006 at 05:51 PM

He did? I must have missed that.

2x18 - David is on tonight!!!! Cant wait. I'm sure we'll have some new theorys floating arround after this, I'm just wondering if they will mention the map at all?

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by M73A on 04-05-2006 at 05:56 PM

tonight? .. hm... shud b on winmx by friday afternoon then :D

i take it David is 'henry gales''s real name then..

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by TheGeek on 04-05-2006 at 06:11 PM

Wikipedia says: "This episode has yet to air. The official description for this episode, as found on ABC Medianet website is: Libby lends Hurley support when he begins to think the island is having a strange effect on him, and Locke's sense of purpose is shaken when the prisoner provides new information about the hatch."

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by wj on 04-05-2006 at 06:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A

Or you could spend $1.99 on a download from iTunes!
RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by saralk on 04-05-2006 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
quote:

Or you could spend $1.99 on a download from iTunes!

if you live in the UK, you can't buy it of iTunes.

This is something that really annoys me, people get pissy when we download it of bittorrent, but we have no choice, there is no legal way to get it in the UK.
There are no DVDs out, its not on TV, we can't get it of iTunes.

They should really launch TV shows internationally at the same time, like they did with Desperate Housewives (Series 1 was only 2 episodes behind). They do that in Ireland a lot.

Either way, afaik its legal to download TV shows as long as they haven't aired in the country you are downloading it.
RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by wj on 04-05-2006 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Either way, afaik its legal to download TV shows as long as they haven't aired in the country you are downloading it.

I'm not trying to be pissy about it :-P In your case I say go for it. But keep in mind it is still illegal because it's still protected by international copyright law.

* wj lays the smack down on the off topic discussion and gets back on the topic!

As I was saying. I wonder what Henry Gale will reveal about the other tonight.

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by Pinchichuv on 04-05-2006 at 08:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj

As I was saying. I wonder what Henry Gale will reveal about the other tonight.
well the guy they got on the hatch aint Henry Gale, when Sayid, Ana Lucia and the other guy went to find the ballon they find the grave and then they found out that the person that was in the grave was a guy not a women like "henry gale" said. and they find an id, of the real Henry Gale, and was a color person
RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by wj on 04-05-2006 at 08:53 PM

Well yeah, I saw that part, but I'm wondering what the character who called himself Henry Gale will reveal.

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by Sayid Jarrah on 04-06-2006 at 01:01 AM

I will show you all who Henry Gale really is.....

RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by Pinchichuv on 04-06-2006 at 01:05 AM

quote:
I will show you all who Henry Gale really is.....
is?
RE: Lost '217' 29/3 *WARNING:SPOILERS* by Pyroteq on 04-06-2006 at 04:40 AM

well the episode is called Dave. So its probly his real name.
It airs tonight (wednesday) in the US, today is thursday in australia.. It should be online late tonight for me to get!
Its available online now

I have renamed this the official lost thread as were not really talking about that ep anymore, more about the prisioner and lost as a whole.

RE: The Lost Thread (Previously:Lost '217')*SPOILERS* by surfichris on 04-06-2006 at 02:43 PM

Another awesome episode...

Dave was Hurley's "friend".

Couple of good twists too. I liked it how right at the end they showed Libby in the mental instituation too.

RE: The Lost Thread (Previously:Lost '217')*SPOILERS* by wj on 04-06-2006 at 03:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton

Couple of good twists too. I liked it how right at the end they showed Libby in the mental instituation too.

Thats quiet the twist. I doubt this is all in hurleys head though.... Cant wait for next week! Looks like a good one. I'm suprised, it looks like they wont torture Henry for more info and I didnt hear a word about the map.
RE: The Lost Thread (Previously:Lost '217')*SPOILERS* by M73A on 04-06-2006 at 11:05 PM

LAMMME

locke with a busted leg means he cant be out adventuring 'being one with the island' and finding out more stuff!?

libby? in the instituion? :|... erm, why doesnt she own up?

fake henry said : "the guy in the beard is no-one"
is he saying that theres bigger people than him, more important people? or is he just saying that to be secretive about the others? hmm

RE: The Lost Thread (Previously:Lost '217')*SPOILERS* by wj on 04-06-2006 at 11:29 PM

Next week looks like a good one, Looks like Jack is going for a trade and Locke will go nuts trying to redraw the map.

RE: The Lost Thread (Previously:Lost '217')*SPOILERS* by Pinchichuv on 04-07-2006 at 01:59 AM

quote:
LAMMME

locke with a busted leg means he cant be out adventuring 'being one with the island' and finding out more stuff!?

libby? in the instituion? :|... erm, why doesnt she own up?

fake henry said : "the guy in the beard is no-one"
is he saying that theres bigger people than him, more important people? or is he just saying that to be secretive about the others? hmm
it was a good episode, a lot of thing new, the next episode of whos about?
RE: The Lost Thread (Previously:Lost '217')*SPOILERS* by Pyroteq on 04-07-2006 at 03:17 PM

If its all in hurleys head then the writers of the show have really stuffed up so i doubt it.
Awsome twist with libby at the end.. This makes me think that mental institution is in some way part of the test or relation to the Dharma project.

Not so much info about the hatch, i expected more.

Next week: S.O.S
Rose is surprisingly and vehemently opposed to Bernard's plan to create an S.O.S. signal; romantic sparks are rekindled between Jack and Kate when they trek into the jungle to propose a "trade" with "The Others"; and Locke begins to question his faith in the island.

RE: The Lost Thread (Previously:Lost '217')*SPOILERS* by M73A on 04-07-2006 at 03:48 PM

trade.... it hasn't gone well every other time they have met 'the others' i dont see this going swimmingly either!

RE: The Lost Thread (Previously:Lost '217')*SPOILERS* by saralk on 04-07-2006 at 05:13 PM

I think he is building a church, or non descript house of worship.

I thaught this epsiode was quite good. In the very last second of the american trailer, it looked as if Jack got caught in the net.

RE: The Lost Thread (Previously:Lost '217')*SPOILERS* by Pyroteq on 04-10-2006 at 04:23 AM

Yeah, The church sounds like it could be it.. Where can i see the trailer for next week? Im not in america so yeah.
I dont know if this trade will go very well.. He says that the guy with the beard is nobody, why would he care about him?

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by wj on 04-11-2006 at 03:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Crimcz
lostlinks.net

Another great site is lost-forum.com

They make it members only the day of and after a new episode because the traffic is SO high.
RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by saralk on 04-11-2006 at 06:33 PM

www.4815162342.com is another great lost discussion forum.

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by saralk on 04-13-2006 at 04:07 PM

what did everyone think of this week's epsidode?

I thaught it wasn't too good. Rose and Bernard's story was ok, but the next episode looks awesome, too bad were going to have to wait a couple of weeks for it.

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by M73A on 04-13-2006 at 06:33 PM

a couple of weeks for the next episode? argh lame... why :'(

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by saralk on 04-13-2006 at 07:01 PM

quote:
a couple of weeks for the next episode? argh lame... why :'(

Two reasons, firstly the series is filmed only a couple of weeks before being aired, so sometimes they need to take breaks for obvious reasons. On the podcast on of the creators said that someone from the office was running down the streets to the ABC broadcasting office with the latest episode an hour before it was due to be broadcast.

And secondly, ABC wants to make sure that they run episodes during certain times, like a period called "sweeps", this is where the rating figures will really determine what price advertising slots go for, so they want new episodes during this time to get major bucks.
Also, ABC want to run major shows when they are trying to launch new shows so they can run them of the back of the show which is getting them millions of viewers.
RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by Negro_Joe on 04-13-2006 at 07:59 PM

i have seen none of the second season of lost (it hasnt been aired in UK) and tbh this thread is really putting me off watching it.

It seems that every episode offers almost no awnsers, and as far as
i know, the season has almost finished in America, and if it leads on to a third season i wil not watch it at all, the whole show is basically based on one premise and if that is managed to drag on for 3 seasons, most casual tv watchers will not be bothered to watch it, every episode anwsers about 1 mystery, and adds more to the piles aswell...

:dodgy:

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by saralk on 04-14-2006 at 10:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
i have seen none of the second season of lost (it hasnt been aired in UK) and tbh this thread is really putting me off watching it.

It seems that every episode offers almost no awnsers, and as far as
i know, the season has almost finished in America, and if it leads on to a third season i wil not watch it at all, the whole show is basically based on one premise and if that is managed to drag on for 3 seasons, most casual tv watchers will not be bothered to watch it, every episode anwsers about 1 mystery, and adds more to the piles aswell...

:dodgy:

I tihnk thats the point of the series, one question is answered, five more are asked.

But rest assured, a load of questions from series 1 are answered in series 2.

And the creators have said they will explain why the plane crashed on the island by the end of this series
RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by M73A on 04-15-2006 at 10:06 PM

finished downloading....

Michael is back?!?! good ending, but does mean i wanna know whats going on:@

he could shed some light on the others maybe, has he found out what they want walt for?

what bugged me was when rose said to locke (about his broken leg) 'but we both know it wont take that long (to heal..(4weeks))'   
WTF was that meant to mean... ok she thinks the island healed her... but there is something weird going on if you ask me!

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by Rik on 04-17-2006 at 10:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe

2nd season is on in Portugal and Spain now afaik
i find it strange that it hasn't been aired yet on the UK.
anyway i just saw the 8th episode of the 2nd season(when ana lucia ties sayid to the tree)
this season is very good and some questions have alredy been answered

just found this litle .exe where a pop up comes up and a sountdown that as 108 minutes
you have to put the numbers 3 minutes before the countdown ends(an alarm goes up and all)
if you don't put the numbers or type them incorrecttly your computer screen goes black for a few seconds and a loud BAM comes out of your speakers.
(download here)

also i made a wallpaper for lost if anyone want's :p
RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by M73A on 04-19-2006 at 05:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rik
just found this litle .exe where a pop up comes up and a sountdown that as 108 minutes
you have to put the numbers 3 minutes before the countdown ends(an alarm goes up and all)
if you don't put the numbers or type them incorrecttly your computer screen goes black for a few seconds and a loud BAM comes out of your speakers.
(download here)
lmao, downloading! running now!

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4717

WTF the first poster.... has got google ads in his sig. he earning money from that?? !?!?!? so out of order!
RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by Smethead on 04-19-2006 at 08:29 PM

quote:

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4717

WTF the first poster.... has got google ads in his sig. he earning money from that?? !?!?!? so out of order!

very off-topic: No, it's an add after the first post. His signature should be above the buttons.

I hope Lost ends after the third season. I'm actually getting sick of not getting these questions answered.
About the map. I think it's something that 'the others' might have put on there and thats why they want them to put in the code every 108 minutes; So they don't see it. Btw.. 108 = 4+8+15+16+23+42 I wonder why they picked these numbers. Maybe they're random, but I think they have a meaning. Maybe a date or how much steps to get to a certain place.
RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by M73A on 04-19-2006 at 09:23 PM

lol the numbers are very weird...

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4718

ooo professional numerologists analysing the numbers... lol strange

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by JadeRovo on 04-21-2006 at 09:22 AM

i know we are over this but i still cannot get over what lockes dad did to him. :( it nearly made me :'( and made me really :@ but omg i really am in (L) with sawyer.

jade rotheram (L) josh holloway

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by Pyroteq on 04-29-2006 at 01:59 AM

lol sawyer is an asshole.
This thread kinda died when i went on holidays :P anyway lost is on a break this week, but the week after we get to see what happens to michael! i think he got sent out there to run into them and he was just drugged or somthing which is why he was fucked..

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by Pyroteq on 05-03-2006 at 05:51 AM

*bump* (Sorry for the double)

Lost returns tonight (Wednesday may3) after a 2 week break.

Two for the road
After finding an exhausted Michael in the forest Jack and Kate bring him back to the main camp. When finally waking up, Michael has some new details about "The Others." Also, a lovestruck Hurley plans a date for Libby. Lastly, Ana-Lucia tries to break Henry more into confessing in all what he knows about "The Others" and the island.

Sounds pretty good to me.
RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by user27089 on 05-03-2006 at 07:50 AM

Is that episode on tonight episode 20?

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by Pyroteq on 05-03-2006 at 08:20 AM

Yep. Episode 220, ofcourse i will have to wait till tommorow night before i get to see it.. Actually i have work then im going away for the weekend... OH NOES! I can't watch it till monday..

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by M73A on 05-04-2006 at 05:48 PM

quote:
Yep. Episode 220, ofcourse i will have to wait till tommorow night before i get to see it.. Actually i have work then im going away for the weekend... OH NOES! I can't watch it till monday..
OMMFG?!!??!!?!??

EPSIODE 220 IS INSANE?!?! :'(

spoiler

i dont think libby is dead, but wtf!? why did michael shoot her and ana!?! ... he shot himself to use henry shooting everyone as an alibi.... but why do it in the first place?!?!
RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by Smethead on 05-04-2006 at 07:43 PM

quote:

i dont think libby is dead, but wtf!? why did michael shoot her and ana!?! ... he shot himself to use henry shooting everyone as an alibi.... but why do it in the first place?!?!

Maybe he is brainwashed by the others and wanted to save "henry" and get all other people to the others. He said they were almost unarmed and lived in tents, but I think it could be a trap. I sure want to know what happens in the next episode.
RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by wj on 05-04-2006 at 08:11 PM

quote:

I'm pretty sure she is dead. In the real world they both had DUI convictions looming over them and I think ABC canned them for it.

But Yeah, When he shot Ana-Lucia we were watching on my projctor and we were all like "WTF?!?"
RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by M73A on 05-04-2006 at 09:23 PM

over at 4815162342.com theres a big discussion about this episode....

after reading five pages... the general jist of it was either:

1 - michael is now one of the others and was sent to free henry.

2 - michael has made a deal that if he frees henry and kills ana lucia they will give him walt.... (kill ana lucia because one of the others was sent to do so before (or maybe not because of what henry said))

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by wj on 05-04-2006 at 09:29 PM

quote:
michael has made a deal that if he frees henry and kills ana lucia they will give him walt.... (kill ana lucia because one of the others was sent to do so before (or maybe not because of what henry said))

Thats the popular theory over at lost-forum (bigger then 4815162342 if I'm not mistaken) It make sense, It doesnt sound like they would just invite Michael to the others.....
RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by fishybobbins on 05-05-2006 at 05:18 PM

In next weeks preview:-

Mr Eko falls off a cliff!!!!

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by user27089 on 05-05-2006 at 05:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fishybobbins

Wow, thanks for ruining my life.
RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by wj on 05-05-2006 at 06:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Originally posted by fishybobbins

Wow, thanks for ruining my life.

I doubt they'd kill off Eko... Mabey injure him, but not kill off.
RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by user27089 on 05-05-2006 at 06:02 PM

Thank God... Eko is pretty much one of my favourite characters in the series now, along with Sawyer, Jin & Charlie.

Locke is a bit of a dick at the moment (Episode 13)... Where he punches Charlie, that annoyed me so much.

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by John Anderton on 05-05-2006 at 06:08 PM

Im still in season one so at the risk of sounding totally out of place i say, i like jack, the prisnor gal, the cute fat guy (:D) and Sayid Jarrah

Locke is ok. Sawyer seems to be okayish atm. (Thats not his real name and he hasnt told his real name here yet.)

Ive seen about 15 eps in season 1 so far. Last ep i saw was on sunday. It was the one where Sayid meets Daniella and later hears the others whispering :o

* John Anderton wants season 1 on dvd :D

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by andrewdodd13 on 05-05-2006 at 06:33 PM

Episode 20 was a real shocker all right, I sat staring blank at the screen for ages, when I looked back again WinAmp had looped round to 5 minutes in again.

I can see what people are getting at with Michael freeing Henry to save Walt, but my theory is that the "Others" are taking people from the camps who they deem to be "worthy". Note what Henry said about Locke - he seems pretty camp and doesn't go about doing anything really bad.

They took all the children from both camps, because they are pretty much unable to tell right from wrong. Ana-Lucia got left behind because she was well... Ana-Lucia. Eko is troubled. Libbi is hiding something too... but she's probably dead now, so oh well.

Me mam used to think that everyone on the island was dead, and the people that got taken away were going to Heaven, etc. It has a name and I think it begins with P but I've forgotten it.

I'd join these forums, but I don't want it spoiled by someone working out the real answer :P.

PS. Hurley is probably my fave char now Shannon is dead (she was *hot*) because he's just so cool. And funny. "Dude, nice hole."

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by M73A on 05-05-2006 at 07:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
Me mam used to think that everyone on the island was dead, and the people that got taken away were going to Heaven, etc. It has a name and I think it begins with P but I've forgotten it.

Purgatory
RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by andrewdodd13 on 05-05-2006 at 08:18 PM

That's the one - thanks - it's been bugging me all night :P

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by user27089 on 05-05-2006 at 08:24 PM

I doubt there's anything dodgy going on with Lost, if you found out that it was all a dream or something, then that would just ruin it all... Or if it was something like Final Destination, somebody who's foreseeing the entire event and then they have to prevent it :dodgy:.

I just hope to God that they don't screw up the series by doing something like that, a great ending would be an amazing twist... Where they were all involved in a big experiment, where the plane crash was set up etc. to see how everyone would react to the situation. Like they said in the video... a social experiment.

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
That's the one - thanks - it's been bugging me all night :P

I can imagine... Happens to me all the time :p
RE: RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by JadeRovo on 05-05-2006 at 10:16 PM

quote:
lol sawyer is an asshole.

I think Sawyer is the most wonderfull thing ever to happen to television. I am so glad Lost has brought him into my life. btw I am not an obsessed fan :p I don't know if anyone has ever noticed but in the video of Cryin - Aerosmith Josh Holloway is the purse robber at the end :d
RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by Pyroteq on 05-08-2006 at 09:28 AM

That was INSANE.

I liked ana! she was hot! Libby is dead, but we havn't seen her side of the story yet. That will probly be another hurley flashback "If i get drunk enough ill remember where i know you from" (They were in the mental asylum together)
I think michael did it because the others told him to, he shot libby because she surprised him.. I think they told him to kill ana and free 'henry' .. He has either joined them or they promised him walt.

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by M73A on 05-11-2006 at 05:06 PM

wow anyone see episode 22? this thread seems to be dying:(

'the pearl' ... ooo

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by saralk on 05-11-2006 at 08:28 PM

Episode 21 was ok, kinda interesting that the Swan is an psycological experiment.

However, I think they've done the whole switcheroo on us, and infact, the people in the pearl are having a psycological experiment, or maybe every station is an experiment, because if the main HQ is within plastic tube distance of the pearl, then why not get these pros to monitor it directly, rather than reading second hand written notes.

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by wj on 05-12-2006 at 10:18 PM

I was more intrested in the preview for episode 2x22 "Three Minutes"

http://media.putfile.com/lost22promo

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by surfichris on 05-13-2006 at 03:58 AM

Indeed.

Putfile sucks though..

US promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBIAcyA5OSw

Canadian promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-LmBkijRko

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by saralk on 05-13-2006 at 12:08 PM

Looks like a good episode, I wonder what they are all looking at. My guess is the Ferry mentioned in the Pearl's Orientation video.

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by B3N_H4M1D on 05-14-2006 at 11:39 AM

EEKKK!! im gettin out of here im it the UK and have only seen Series 2 Episide 3 so far

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by saralk on 05-17-2006 at 04:56 PM

This is the full synopsis of Episode 22 - Three Minutes. It's written by a guy on the lost forums who somehow sees the episode a day in advance and always posts a completely accurate synopsis. if you don't want to know, the don't read.
-
-
----

-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
We start 13 Days ago when Mike asked Locke for the rifle before setting off to find Walt. After he knocks Locke out he goes to the computer and after a few moments is typing and receiving a message from (?Walt?) He says to travel north along the beach he will come across a big rock with a hole in it. Then he hears Jack and proceeds to lock him in the armory.

Present day

Jack Mike Sawyer and Kate talking about a plan of attack Hurley upset because his friends are not even buried yet. They will have a funeral for Anna and Libby.
Jack wants to bring an army.
Mike insists just the five of them should go us or they&#8217;ll hear us coming.
Charlie talks to Claire and gives her the meds and the injection gun he found from the latest delivery of supplies. She is happy he did this for her and Arron.
Eko&#8217;s moving into hatch to punch in the numbers.
She says OH MY GOD it&#8217;s Micheal. He&#8217;s back.

Sawyer gives Sayid a gun and invites him to the battle
Charlie will continue to build church on his own.
Vincent delivers a Heroin statue to Charlie. Vincent leads Charlie back to the Heroin stash. He takes all the statues.

The day Mike set out to find Walt he gets captured by Zeke a short while later they catch Kate. When Alex is asked to bring Kate out during the Standoff (Zeke and Jack) Alex asks someone else to bring her out. Alex then asks Mike how Claire and the Baby are doing and was it a boy or a girl?

They Take Mike to the place with the rock with the hole on the cliff which is where the tents are in the promotional pics. It looks like only one set of others are on the island.

Mike is introduced to Mrs. Clue who asks him questions about Walts Early childhood. When age did he start talking? Etc. Mike doesn&#8217;t know but this apparently goes on for a week. Until they realize Gale has been captured and they want him back.

He is later given 3 minutes to speak to Walt. They make me take tests he said. Get me out of here dad. They're not who they say they are. Mrs. Clue says that&#8217;s enough or we&#8217;ll put you back in the room. Walt doesn't like the room whatever it is.

They will let Mike and Walt go free if Mike can free Henry and deliver Kate Jack Sawyer and Hurley as well but no one else.
Sawyer and Jack talk about Anna and Sawyer says he screwed her. Jack asks why are you telling me. Sawyer says cause you&#8217;re the closest thing I&#8217;ve ever had to a friend.

Later when Mike tells Sayid he can&#8217;t come with them Sayid puts 2 AND 2 together and tells Jack I think Mike has been compromised. They will let Mike think he is in control of the plan.

Charlie throws all the statues into the ocean they are all intact. Locke is sitting on the beach looking out and sees what he did they exchange a short glance. Carlie goes off to the funeral.

Locke cuts the splint on his leg puts on a backpack and heads out to the jungle without attending the funeral or telling anyone where he&#8217;s going. (Possibly to find Henry?)

Claire holds hands with Charlie at the funeral while Hurley is talking about Libby.

Sun looks out to the water and sees ______

Then they all see it

Read down if you want to know

A small sailboat. (My guess is it&#8217;s Desmonds since we know he&#8217;s in the finale) This is where it ends.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by M73A on 05-17-2006 at 04:58 PM

not going to read... but can you say if its good or not? :P

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by saralk on 05-17-2006 at 05:26 PM

it seems alrightish, its not a great episode, but in terms of setting up for the final two, its awesome

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by M73A on 05-17-2006 at 06:01 PM

quote:
it seems alrightish, its not a great episode, but in terms of setting up for the final two, its awesome

yay! lol... finally getting interesting again after the middle of season 2 which sucked
RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by Pyroteq on 05-23-2006 at 08:42 AM

well M73A.. as soon as it starts getting good again, it ends.. This week is the season finale..

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by M73A on 05-26-2006 at 09:58 AM

WOW THE FINALE WAS JUST :|:|:|...

i love this show... i can't wait for season 3... people say they shouldnt drag it out... but i like it being so long, its gonna suck when it ends!

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by user27089 on 05-26-2006 at 02:53 PM

The finale was absolutely amazing, it was well worth downloading all of the episodes just to see that... You find out so much...

I think they should make a few episodes about the others, because if you think about it... they're not really the bad guys, they're probably less harsh than they seem...

I really want to find out what happens to Sawyer, Kate and Jack though...

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by welshboy222 on 05-26-2006 at 05:01 PM

oh soz peeps but I live in the united kingdom im watching it now its on every tuesday 10:00 pm on E4 please don't spoil it (only joking) ive got to the episode wen Michael is trying to find his son in the forest!

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by user27089 on 05-26-2006 at 05:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by welshboy222
oh soz peeps but I live in the united kingdom im watching it now its on every tuesday 10:00 pm on E4 please don't spoil it (only joking) ive got to the episode wen Michael is trying to find his son in the forest!

You're really early in the series yet, you've got about another 15 episodes to go yet until the season finale (6).
RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by saralk on 05-26-2006 at 05:59 PM

Next series they will probably focus on the others, since the main characters are now being held by the others.

The produces have already said that Fake Henry (aka Fenry), is going to be a regular character in Series 3.
Also, the show is going to have stuff happening outside of the island.

And now for my theory time...

I think the ElectoMagnet was being used for something useful, and the button was like a "reset loop", however, there was a provision to destroy the EM, aka The Key and that was only to be used in case of emergency.

So now the EM is gone and the threat of whatever it could have done to destroy the world no longer exists, however, whatever it did no longer happens.

My guess - it no longer provides a force field of some sort, and so the island is not invisible, or at least accessable, which is why Micheal can go and get rescued, and its why Miss Widmore's team suddenly found the magnetic anomoly.
And the thing that would happen if it was never reset, would be that the magnet would get so strong that everything remotely able to get magnetically induced (which is basically everything) would get sucked into the magnet, like a black hole.

Also, the real Henry Gale, who came in a balloon, I think was sponsored by Widmore Construction (this actually happened, on the balloon cage it says "sponsored by Widmore Construction and Mr Clucks - the place Hurley worked) because Miss Widmore said that he has to go round a certain route to try and find the Island where Desmond crashed.

Widmore Construction, I think is probably affiliated in some way with Hanso which is why she knows Desmond is on the island and why there was a Widmore pregnancy test on the island.

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by M73A on 05-26-2006 at 06:06 PM

quote:
Next series they will probably focus on the others, since the main characters are now being held by the others.

The produces have already said that Fake Henry (aka Fenry), is going to be a regular character in Series 3.
Also, the show is going to focus on stuff happening outside of the island.

I think the ElectoMagnet was being used for something useful, and the button was like a "reset loop", however, there was a provision to destroy the EM, aka The Key and that was only to be used in case of emergency.

So now the EM is gone and the threat of whatever it could have done to destroy the world no longer exists, however, whatever it did no longer happens.

My guess - it no longer provides a force field of some sort, and so the island is not invisible, or at least accessable, which is why Micheal can go and get rescued, and its why Miss Widmore's team suddenly found the magnetic anomoly.
And the thing that would happen if it was never reset, would be that the magnet would get so strong that everything remotely able to get magnetically induced (which is basically everything) would get sucked into the magnet, like a black hole.

i heard that about series 3... will be interesting i think the show making the others seem bad is just to trick the simple minded... i still dont like them tho:P

penny widmore is looking for desmond... i think shes got the dudes in the ice place monitoring electromagnetism to try and find desmond...

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by saralk on 05-26-2006 at 06:15 PM

P.S. Here is the photo that shows Henry Gale's balloon was associated with Widmore.
http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name=copper...d=65812&fullsize=1

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by M73A on 05-26-2006 at 06:22 PM

quote:
P.S. Here is the photo that shows Henry Gale's balloon was associated with Widmore.
http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name=copper...d=65812&fullsize=1
never noticed that!!!! amazing all the lil props and things linking with stuff... i love it!
RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by Rik on 05-28-2006 at 07:28 PM

just watched the last to episodes, the final was amazing!!!!

also check this:
4*8*15*16*23*42=7418880
now check this image from the end of the episode:
[Image: thenumbers8ey.png]
(found it here)

RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by M73A on 05-28-2006 at 09:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rik
just watched the last to episodes, the final was amazing!!!!

also check this:
4*8*15*16*23*42=7418880
now check this image from the end of the episode:
[Image: thenumbers8ey.png]
(found it here)

haha wow... i love these lil things its amazing the detail they go into
RE: RE: The Lost Thread *SPOILERS* by Discrate on 06-11-2006 at 04:08 PM

quote:
quote:

Also, the show is going to focus on stuff happening outside of the island.

i heard that about series 3... will be interesting i think the show making the others seem bad is just to trick the simple minded... i still dont like them tho:P

penny widmore is looking for desmond... i think shes got the dudes in the ice place monitoring electromagnetism to try and find desmond...

I hate how they go on about the things off the island. I want to see things that are  going on, on the island. I find off the island is really boring.