Shoutbox

Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN (/showthread.php?tid=57789)

Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN by Bamboocha on 04-03-2006 at 10:20 AM

i ask you, if exsist a plug-in or other to make an automessage when a person in my contact list is connect to MSN (a sort of message of welcome to say hello ;) )

is this possible?

thx before...

RE: Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN by Eddie on 04-03-2006 at 10:46 AM

I havent seen one around, but im not really the king of plugins :$ Im sure there probably is one if it is capable of being done :)

RE: Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN by Reaper on 04-03-2006 at 11:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Bamboocha
i ask you, if exsist a plug-in or other to make an automessage when a person in my contact list is connect to MSN (a sort of message of welcome to say hello ;) )

is this possible?

thx before...
if i understand you correctly, surely the sign in toast serves as a "welcome" message
RE: Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN by Eddie on 04-03-2006 at 11:09 AM

No i think he means so it sends them a message like you would but automatically, like an auto-response but when they sign in sends them like hi :)

RE: Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN by Sunshine on 04-03-2006 at 11:41 AM

Ehmm could comeback message be what you are looking for?

RE: Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN by Bamboocha on 04-03-2006 at 09:52 PM

sorry if a can't explain correctly what i looking for :(

DevilFX have understand wath i'm looking really for

an example:

-DevilFX is a my contact
- when devil open msn and sign in, i automatically send him a message like "Hello, you're welcome:) "

you can understand?

RE: Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN by Stef on 04-03-2006 at 11:03 PM

ah i have understand :D:P lol

you mean, than I open a conversation window with you, an automessage response me automatic to me like "hello" ?

hm. i don't think that is importan or?

RE: Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN by Bamboocha on 04-04-2006 at 07:38 AM

no,

not when you open conversation, but when you log in msn, automatically :D

when you log in msn i receive usually a popup alert message, then this plug-in automatically say hello to you ;)

RE: Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN by Eddie on 04-04-2006 at 02:30 PM

ive never seen such a plugin bamboocha sorry :( im not even sure if its capable of being done, sorry :( I know what you are saying but i have never seen it done :)

RE: RE: Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN by J-Thread on 04-04-2006 at 03:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Ehmm could comeback message be what you are looking for?

Like Sunshine already posted, this is a build in function in Plus! However, you can only set a "comeback" or "come online" message for 1 time with that, but it would definatly be anoying if you said "hello" every time contact X signs in, so with this function you can choose what you would like to say every time again;)
RE: Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN by Bamboocha on 04-04-2006 at 05:42 PM

where i find this config about comeback and comeonline message? i find only an sound alert for me, not a automessage, cna you please explain me where i find it in dhe config? ;)

RE: Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN by Sunshine on 04-04-2006 at 05:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bamboocha
where i find this config about comeback and comeonline message? i find only an sound alert for me, not a automessage, cna you please explain me where i find it in dhe config? ;)
You can only set them for offline contacts, not the ones still online ;)

The link i gave you should explain everything.
RE: Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN by Bamboocha on 04-04-2006 at 07:57 PM

:( the comeback message expire when the contact receive the message, instead of that i looking for a perpetual message.

no way for this? :( sigh sigh

RE: Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN by Sunshine on 04-04-2006 at 08:45 PM

No there isn't.

I wouldn't like people using such things on me either, at some point you don't know when someone is there or not..if the message truly comes from a person...if you understand what i mean.

RE: Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN by Stef on 04-04-2006 at 08:52 PM

hm..this plugin is not so good, than exp. 10 people use this feature and you sign in in MSN and you become immediately 10 conversations window ^^ i think that was not so good :P

the comeback message is good and enough

RE: Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN by Electro_Q on 04-04-2006 at 10:33 PM

just a thought for ages you could send a message on yahoo messenger to someone who was not online and they would get it when they came online

RE: Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN by matty on 04-04-2006 at 11:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Electro_Q
just a thought for ages you could send a message on yahoo messenger to someone who was not online and they would get it when they came online
That is a feature available now in Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! already had a comeback message feature before this was available.

As far as having a message sent to a contact as soon as they signin this hasn't been created but with some knowledge of Visual Basic it can be completed.

code:
Public WithEvents MessengerAPI As MessengerAPI.Messenger
Dim iMessengerContact As iMessengerContact

Public Function Initialize(ByVal nVersion As Long, ByVal sUserEmail As String, ByVal oMessenger As Object) As Boolean
    Set MessengerAPI = oMessenger
End Function

Private Sub MessengerAPI_OnGroupAdded(ByVal hr As Long, ByVal pMGroup As Object)
    Set iMessengerContact = pMGroup
    MsgBox iMessengerContact.Status
End Sub

Although I haven't foold around with the Plugin API since the creation of scripts in Plus! Live it should be done something like that.
RE: Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN by hotpanther45 on 04-23-2008 at 08:01 PM

i carnt seem to get auto message

RE: Automessage when my contacts connect to MSN by IVC392 on 06-02-2008 at 10:10 PM

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/301-Auto-Answer/
:obut i dont know how to instal it...