Shoutbox

Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. (/showthread.php?tid=57803)

Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by AvengeX on 04-03-2006 at 07:01 PM

Well, my friend was chatting to me, and since I'm her authority on computers and other geek-related issues, she asked me:

"Hey, Will, is Messenger Plus a virus?"

I say "no, of course not.. whoever said that?"

She replies "Just another friend of mine. He says it's some system32 trackware or something."

So I ask to be added in... my conversation with him is located here.

Thought you might want a giggle once in a while :P

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by prashker on 04-03-2006 at 07:10 PM

3 Things to say

1. :lol:
2. Wrong Spot to post in forum (try T&T)
3. Msgplus (Messenger Plus) not MSN Plus
:P
But anyways still ownage :P

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by Patchou on 04-03-2006 at 07:11 PM

lol... oh well, you can't blame him... with all the crap that you can read on the net these days and almost nobody willing to double check their sources, that's what you get.

RE: RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by AvengeX on 04-03-2006 at 07:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
3. Msgplus (Messenger Plus) not Messenger Plus:P

Heh, sorry. Makes no difference, everyone knows it's the same great program :P
RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by Stef on 04-03-2006 at 07:12 PM

if messenger plus were a Virus, it would be not so popular ^^

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by Zahid™ on 04-03-2006 at 07:13 PM

quote:
¦::..:://MANLEY\\::..::¦  + square root of wot says:
dont get your tits too far up your ass
:lol:

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by prashker on 04-03-2006 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AvengeX
Heh, sorry. Makes no difference, everyone knows it's the same great program :P

M S N (without the spaces) Plus gets automatically replaced with Messenger Plus....just in case people get mistaken

I added the "noparse" thing to the word so it was not changed and now its M.S.N Plus :)
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
lol... oh well, you can't blame him... with all the crap that you can read on the net these days and almost nobody willing to double check their sources, that's what you get.

Agreed.....AvengeX you should link that person to these forums so he can read about all the others who says Messenger Plus is a virus etc :P
RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by [MR] on 04-03-2006 at 07:17 PM

what an idiot :lol:

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by AvengeX on 04-03-2006 at 07:21 PM

I feel kinda sorry for him, but how people can say that with no evidence, and then say that I'm up myself for correcting him and stopping him from misleading people I don't know...

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by Stigmata on 04-03-2006 at 08:54 PM

"well have a nice day"

lol :D

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by NiteMare on 04-04-2006 at 03:47 AM

i have 3 words for him
"site your soruces"

quote:
Will says:
sorry, but who told you msgplus was trackware?

quote:
¦::..:://MANLEY\\::..::¦ + square root of wot says:
me and google

A. you don't count, your a noob and not an offical source
B. if you look hard enough on google you can probualy find out that msg plus! is a whistling tea pot, google is not a reliable source unless you site which web page you found
quote:
well it was all over google and apparently it Sends patchou your msn pass and user, and all your contacts details

again, google is not a source, anybody with a blog and the will to put there blog in to be crawled can get put on to google. its not too hard
quote:
either sell or, eventually if he got round to it, hand em out to cause hav

what good would selling MSN login details be, i hate to break this to you, but your not that important. i doubt somebody would pay $0.01 to get your details

my verdict: read up on how to make a valid argument, or shut up
RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by ~INVASION~ on 04-04-2006 at 04:05 AM

i will payn 500$ paypal right NOW! to anybody who gets me nightmare's pass :refuck:

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by NiteMare on 04-04-2006 at 04:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
i will payn 500$ paypal right NOW! to anybody who gets me nightmare's pass :refuck:
:dodgy: i have a hundred dollars for who ever knocks him out

do it more then ones and you get a hundred for each
RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by Pyroteq on 04-04-2006 at 07:50 AM

Give me his adress, and your password. Ill collect on both.

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by Eddie on 04-04-2006 at 08:18 AM

lmao :P You guys think of some funny stuff lol...When will the battle between virus no virus, spyware no spyware end hehe :P

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by AvengeX on 04-04-2006 at 08:20 AM

When people stop getting rumours like:

"zomg did u kno dat der is spyware riddled wiv msgplus?S!!!1/1OMGZLOL"

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by NiteMare on 04-04-2006 at 11:13 AM

when the dalai lama sings karaoke in a singles bar to get the attention of a married women...

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by C-S-M on 04-04-2006 at 11:57 AM

HAHA!! Guys calm down! Look the idiot obviously didn't know anything about msgplus and like you say, if you looking for something there's no doubt you'll find it on google, but that's basically what the post was about. Haha really funny, I think! I hope he joins the forums and replies to the topic!! LOL that would be funny

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by qgroessl on 04-04-2006 at 12:35 PM

He probably got all the crap about MP!L virus that deletes your contact list... :p... noob.

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by AvengeX on 04-04-2006 at 02:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by C-S-M
HAHA!! Guys calm down! Look the idiot obviously didn't know anything about msgplus and like you say, if you looking for something there's no doubt you'll find it on google, but that's basically what the post was about. Haha really funny, I think! I hope he joins the forums and replies to the topic!! LOL that would be funny

He wouldn't have much to say really, and I don't know why we should calm down - this guy is claiming to be a know it all about computers. He was on about "yes, this is system32 trackware" and all that rubbish. I don't think he even knows how to get to system32 through explorer..
RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by Eddie on 04-04-2006 at 02:35 PM

This sort of stuff has been said by many people before, never stopped production of Messenger Plus :) and i highly doubt a handful of people are going to stop anything to do with MP :) Just find it easier to completely ignore the ppl who claim that sort of rubbish without backup evidence :)

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by AvengeX on 04-04-2006 at 02:41 PM

DevilFX, I agree with you completely there, but in the end only people like you and I - who read the tech news and have good knowledge about the Internet and computers - will doubt them.

Taken that someone asked me whether this guy was right or not proves a point that not everybody knows everything about things like this, and also that this person even went onto Google and was stupid enough to believe it shows that they can actually inflict some damage on the product, damage which takes a lot of explaining to do to the average user. You've got to remember that people will believe anything if they hear it from a few or more people..

RE: RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by joemailey on 04-04-2006 at 02:50 PM

quote:
Taken that someone asked me whether this guy was right or not proves a point that not everybody knows everything about things like this, and also that this person even went onto Google and was stupid enough to believe it shows that they can actually inflict some damage on the product, damage which takes a lot of explaining to do to the average user. You've got to remember that people will believe anything if they hear it from a few or more people..

Tech support i do, you be surprised how many times a month i have to send an e-mail telling people i work with.

you will not have to pay for MSN/WLM if you don't sent this e-mail round(you no the one's were it says due to amount of people with accounts etc. we don't no if you active so if u dont send this e-mail to 10people your account will be deleted lmao)

there all mugs :-) esp since broadband is more popular.

Plus all the other spoof e-mails, chainletters lol. People will believe anything.
RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by NiteMare on 04-04-2006 at 02:56 PM

quote:
Originally Pulled out of my ass
The Widly used program Messenger Plus! has resently been discovered to contain high amounts of damaging software from which patchou, the creator, uses to exploit the users of his software. The program not only offers quick commands in your Instant messenger window, but it also recoreds everything you type, in which patchou then filters for important information such as credit card numbers, passwords, and personal info.  although he denys all accusations, we have reliable sources that say he is doing these actions. The file msgplus.exe has been recorded tying in to the system32 folder, which enables it to record every word you type and automaticaly send it to the creator.

no that looks real doesn't, of course , untill you apply logic and common sence,:P, but most people will believe that, and then they spread it. and now just for people that won't read this:

That quote is not real
RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by AvengeX on 04-04-2006 at 03:36 PM

Meh, it doesn't even look like an article to me. Looks like some 10 year old kid just learnt how to use embedded clauses and mixed it all in with computer talk and bull..dosers.

Let's stop flaming silly children now? :P

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by NiteMare on 04-04-2006 at 03:50 PM

quote:
Looks like some 10 year old kid just learnt how to use embedded clauses and mixed it all in with computer talk and bull..dosers.
yeah, most internet sites are like that:P but noobs still believe them
RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by AvengeX on 04-04-2006 at 03:52 PM

Yeah well on my site, I'm careful about where I get my sources from before arguing a point.. so should everyone else.

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by Felu on 04-13-2006 at 10:44 AM

hehehe! msg+ is a virus.
good joking

RE: RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by NanoChromatic on 04-13-2006 at 11:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by fun_for_life
hehehe! msg+ is a virus.
good joking

:rofl:i cant stop laughing....theres some :gay: nOObs on the net PMSL!:rofl:
RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by Eddie on 04-13-2006 at 11:27 AM

hell yer there is hehe and most of em are the AntiVirus creators and Think There Smart website owners :P

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by Chris4 on 04-13-2006 at 11:51 AM

quote:
Will says:
so how is msn plus a virus?

Is it me or has no one else noticed the (annoying) term 'MSN Plus' throughout the conversation :^)^o)
RE: RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by Matti on 04-13-2006 at 12:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:
Will says:
so how is msn plus a virus?

Is it me or has no one else noticed the (annoying) term 'MSN Plus' throughout the conversation :^)^o)

Already told:
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
3. Msgplus (Messenger Plus) not MSN Plus :P

Whatever they say about Messenger Plus!, every well-thinking person knows that you won't become the creator of the most respected Messenger addon by spreeding a virus in it. :)
RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by riahc4 on 04-17-2006 at 06:03 PM

I dont know why but I honestly feel that this is just a thread made by AvengeX to promote AvengeX's site....

I mean correct his n00b ass and thats it. There really is no point in posting it in a forum. Do you want a prize/medal? Ive corrected various sites/blogs/people who thought Plus! as a malware and I wouldnt waste my time on posting about it on any forum. If you want this for rep, fine Ill rep +1 for defending Plus! but thats all your gonna get out of this thread because you know that (we) fellow Plus! users on this forum know that Plus! has 0 malware in it so you wouldnt be telling us nothing new by telling us you corrected a n00b that thought otherwise when there are 100s more out there and on these forums that still think that Plus! has malware.

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by Curtis on 04-18-2006 at 03:06 AM

I hate people who are all like "oh mai gosh Messenger Plus is a virus lyke pgn!!!11!!!11!!"  Then they go on sites and download crap that actually has viruses and sp/ad-ware.  Like an idiot I know named Byron.

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by Eddie on 04-18-2006 at 06:25 AM

People only usually judge a book by the cover and thats exactly what they are doing with Messenger Plus!, or sometimes people are stupid especially with the new Live! to go download viruses that are names as Plus Software 8-)

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by Snake on 04-18-2006 at 11:25 AM

Ok... I'm sick of uninformed people. They can suck my....(you get the point)

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by qgroessl on 04-18-2006 at 11:51 AM

Okay... this is an old thread... lets stop reviving it.... It's pointless... we all know Msgplus! isn't a virus.

RE: Some guy who thought MsgPlus was a virus.. by Eddie on 04-18-2006 at 11:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
Okay... this is an old thread... lets stop reviving it.... It's pointless... we all know Msgplus! isn't a virus.

Agreed...is it possible for the thread to be locked?? :)