Shoutbox

Windows live onecare - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Windows live onecare (/showthread.php?tid=57972)

Windows live onecare by williamwaterboy on 04-07-2006 at 06:04 PM

Has anyone tried Windows live onecare?? I'm useing it for now and I like it. + if you get in on the beta before the end of this month you can get it for $20 for 3 computers. https://www.windowsonecare.com/

RE: Windows live onecare by Reaper on 04-07-2006 at 09:27 PM

ive been on the one care beta for quite some time. i hate it. microsoft should leave security programs to the experts, i.e. Symantec, etc.

RE: Windows live onecare by Voldemort on 04-07-2006 at 09:43 PM

meh, i tried, but i prefer my free utilities...

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
Symantec
Symantec Sucks at AVs
RE: Windows live onecare by Reaper on 04-07-2006 at 11:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bto
meh, i tried, but i prefer my free utilities...
quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
Symantec
Symantec Sucks at AVs
they might be, but they must be better than MS
RE: Windows live onecare by Hank on 04-08-2006 at 03:25 AM

NOD32 Rulezzzzzz

RE: Windows live onecare by kao on 04-08-2006 at 09:33 PM

Brain > AV.

End of argument.

(to stay on topic, i think almost all AV's are lame =p)

RE: Windows live onecare by williamwaterboy on 04-08-2006 at 09:53 PM

I had problems that nocked out Norton but Onecare took care of them. Another thing is Norton slows down your computer... Onecare is much faster. Now AVG is also a good AV too

RE: Windows live onecare by GiantSpider on 04-08-2006 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by williamwaterboy

I had problems that nocked out Norton but Onecare took care of them. Another thing is Norton slows down your computer... Onecare is much faster. Now AVG is also a good AV too
You are indeed entitled to your opinion. But unfortunately you're wrong.
RE: Windows live onecare by Lt.Col.DraGon on 04-08-2006 at 10:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
quote:

I actually agree with williamwaterboy .. Norton just slows computers down. I had it for 2 days and it was a pain with all the lag and the slowness on my computer.

After I installed OneCare, my computer hasn't been lagy at all and I think OneCare is a very good AV, firewall and AS all in one.

RE: RE: Windows live onecare by williamwaterboy on 04-08-2006 at 10:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lt.Col.DraGon
quote:
quote:

I actually agree with williamwaterboy .. Norton just slows computers down. I had it for 2 days and it was a pain with all the lag and the slowness on my computer.

After I installed OneCare, my computer hasn't been lagy at all and I think OneCare is a very good AV, firewall and AS all in one.

That is another thing... that Lt.Col.DraGon pointed out it's not just an AV but a firewall and AS too... And yes it's way faster then Norton. And it totaly blows away Symantec Norton Internet Security. AVG by grisoft is also faster but I don't think it has a firewall or AS.  Symantec and Windows have had problems for years. Something made by Microsoft should and in this case dose fit in with their OS better then something that isn't.

RE: Windows live onecare by Weyzza on 04-09-2006 at 12:11 AM

I have to agree with GiantSpider here.

I have had NAV since 2003 and I have never experienced any lag whatsoever.
On the contrary, Windows OneCare Live does lag on my system, not to mention when I did the scanning thingy (I forgot what it is called).

RE: Windows live onecare by Fanta on 04-09-2006 at 01:01 AM

I have been using onecare for some time now, but it's annoying the heck out of me. It's also not easy to turn it OFF with just one click and I do not like that one bit. As soon as beta ends, I will go back to AVG free combined with ZA free firewall. This has always worked wonderful on my insanely slow system.

RE: Windows live onecare by Voldemort on 04-09-2006 at 01:59 AM

quote:
Lt.Col.DraGon pointed out it's not just an AV but a firewall and AS too

Wasnt it the one who labeled plus as spyware :dodgy:?
RE: Windows live onecare by John Anderton on 04-09-2006 at 04:54 AM

quote:
Has anyone tried Windows live onecare?? I'm useing it for now and I like it. + if you get in on the beta before the end of this month you can get it for $20 for 3 computers. https://www.windowsonecare.com/
How many mistakes do you want us to find in that peice of trash. Apart from that its ok. Tbh i wouldnt use it even if i was payed to do so :dodgy:

quote:
Originally posted by kao
Brain > AV.

RE: Windows live onecare by aNILEator on 04-09-2006 at 09:21 AM

yeah tbh i might just un-install all my antivirus and anti spyware, just keep zonealarm running, they never pick up anything ever :P

i suppose spywareblaster or the immunize feature of some AS's are cool because it blocks them from installing in the first place, which is all that most dumb pc users need anyway

RE: Windows live onecare by GiantSpider on 04-10-2006 at 10:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
i suppose spywareblaster or the immunize feature of some AS's are cool because it blocks them from installing in the first place
I know that Spybot S&D has that which I use, but it's only compatible with IE which I don't use that much anyway.

Now I can't comment on how much faster it is than Nortan, as I am a McAfee user but using OneCare as your only AV & Firewall is a sure fire way to get a virus.
RE: Windows live onecare by Chris4 on 04-10-2006 at 11:59 PM

Just thought I'd say.. Windows Live OneCare also slowed down my system and didn't find things like viruses that my free Anti-virus (AVG) did find. So they are going to have to improve quite a bit if they want to charge people for it. I stopped using it a while back.

So thumbs down from me (N)

RE: Windows live onecare by John Anderton on 04-11-2006 at 05:12 AM

quote:
using OneCare as your only AV & Firewall is a sure fire way to get a virus.
:lol:
True :P It sucks big time for me ..... never does anything anyway |-) (According to the amount of resources it demands .... its pretty useless imo :-/)
RE: Windows live onecare by Eddie on 04-11-2006 at 08:15 AM

OneCare is pathetic :D It blocks stuff like MSN Messenger until you tell it not to :S Im gonna stick to Ad-Aware and AVG For Now :P

RE: Windows live onecare by GiantSpider on 04-11-2006 at 06:48 PM

Getting on to AVG, when I used to use it it once told me that the sponsor uninstallation program was a trojan horse. You want to hope for your sake it got better.

RE: Windows live onecare by John Anderton on 04-12-2006 at 09:45 AM

quote:
Getting on to AVG, when I used to use it it once told me that the sponsor uninstallation program was a trojan horse. You want to hope for your sake it got better.
Avast seems to be really good up untill now. Ive been using it for about 3-4 months i think. No misdetections yet ;)