Shoutbox

is there rusian or ukrain translation? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: is there rusian or ukrain translation? (/showthread.php?tid=58169)

is there rusian or ukrain translation? by boffin on 04-11-2006 at 12:12 PM

is there rusian or ukrain translation?

RE: is there rusian or ukrain translation? by rix on 04-11-2006 at 09:14 PM

Strange, that there isn't, excepting russian translation for some older release. Few citizens on this forum tried to do the job, but unfortunately they didn't succeed. Later on there hasn't been any updates for russian translation, atleast not officially. Meaby you can find one from some russian website.

And ukrainian - totally nothing, it seems.

I don't know how many Messenger Plus! users are there in Russia. As far as i can remember, the percentage of people who has internet connection at home, was quite small, so it can't be very big. But i can easily be wrong. More than in Estonia, though.

RE: is there rusian or ukrain translation? by Choli on 04-11-2006 at 11:25 PM

Well, boffin, you can do the translation into russian or ukrain yourself, if you want ;)

RE: is there rusian or ukrain translation? by boffin on 04-13-2006 at 08:03 AM

I badly write in English, but I shall try to help with translation as now many use the domestic Internet... What it is necessary to make to translate to Russian?

RE: is there rusian or ukrain translation? by Gonçalo F. on 04-13-2006 at 08:37 AM

You must also be fluent in English to make a good translation.
In order to do it you must start by reading the guidelines carefuly http://files.msgplus.net/data/TranslationGuidelines.doc
You should now contact Patchou and ask to be added as a translator and so you'll start working as soon as he adds you and give you acces to the new version. I don't know if you can start right now on version 4.0, but for the next one i think you'll already be on.
Anyway, don't start translating v3.6. But get used with mp! features and you can even start making making a translation list of the feature names just to start working on it.
When the work is finally done, post it on this forum so we can help you on looking for technical mistakes.

RE: is there rusian or ukrain translation? by P@R@-GL on 11-04-2007 at 05:49 AM

Hello, just wondering about Russian translation... Has it been done yet? I mean i don't need it :P I know Russian and English well enough, just my 'lil bro uses Messenger Plus [cuz i told him about this app :D] but he doesnt understand English at all. To me, make a translation and all would be easy i already done it once, but right now i don't have much time to do something as long as this lol

Thanks in advance ;)

RE: is there rusian or ukrain translation? by Rolando on 11-04-2007 at 05:54 AM

There isn't one as far as I know.. sorry.

RE: is there rusian or ukrain translation? by P@R@-GL on 11-04-2007 at 09:24 AM

I see :( well thanks anyways :)

p.s. By the way, told my 'lil bro that there isn't one, and he asked me to make one [karate lil punk lol] probably..., going to waste my sunday on it to make it, And if you want i can send it to you or anything, ummm "Risk Free" lol due to i've used this app for so long now, i just would love to help it grow in anyway i can :) If ya need of course, i don't insist.

Well later.

With Da Best! ;)

RE: is there rusian or ukrain translation? by Matti on 11-04-2007 at 11:13 AM

It's really appreciated that you are willing to translate Plus! and share your work. I'm quite sure there'll be some folks here who may be willing to take the time to revise your translation. Good luck with your translation! :)

RE: is there rusian or ukrain translation? by Supersonicdarky on 11-04-2007 at 02:52 PM

Me and P@R@-GL are willing to work on the translation. I remember that there was a tool for translating. Anyone have it?

btw, I seem unable to reach the guidelines doc (times out).

RE: is there rusian or ukrain translation? by Choli on 11-04-2007 at 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
I remember that there was a tool for translating. Anyone have it?
Messenger Plus! Translator
Remember, it's just a tool to help in translating. After that, you'll have to check your translation in Plus itself ;)
quote:
I seem unable to reach the guidelines doc (times out).
me neither, but there are few things to know in order to translate a version:

Write the files in Unicode.

Files have sections, which start with [section_name]

Inside each section, there are pairs of key value:
name_of_key=text_of_value

Just translate the values of the file.

Lines starting with semicolon (";") are comments. Read them in the english file for information about how to translate certain values.
RE: is there rusian or ukrain translation? by Supersonicdarky on 11-04-2007 at 04:21 PM

The mptf.exe file isn't loading for me. I need the files since the ocx ones are missing.

found them online, but where do I put them? windows/system32?

RE: is there rusian or ukrain translation? by Choli on 11-04-2007 at 05:19 PM

quote:
found them online, but where do I put them? windows/system32?
yes...

however i think you shouldn't need them in XP or Vista. o:O
RE: is there rusian or ukrain translation? by Supersonicdarky on 11-04-2007 at 05:26 PM

i'm in ubuntu with wine :)

RE: is there rusian or ukrain translation? by Choli on 11-04-2007 at 06:16 PM

you should use a "real" windows with WLM and Plus running natively to translate it. You can install windows in vmware, if you want to use ubuntu, but i suggest you not to run Plus in "emulated" mode (wine) because it may not display correctly... you have to make sure that your translated texts fit correctly, etc..

RE: is there rusian or ukrain translation? by Supersonicdarky on 11-04-2007 at 06:19 PM

I have plus on a real xp machine, I just usually use ubuntu and would prefer translating there.

RE: is there rusian or ukrain translation? by ahmetgns on 11-05-2007 at 05:01 PM

I attached the TranslationGuidelines.doc . But remember, that file is for Plus! v.3, so some codes may not be used in Plus! Live translation. But the logic is almost same. If you hesitate, check other translation files how they did some specific translations.

Also I'll suggest you to set the first Registry Setting "AlwaysReloadInterfaces" in http://www.msgpluslive.net/help/registry/ before starting to check your translation on the program's interface. I used this a lot while checking mine. For example, if a line doesn't fit the specified place on the software, you can shorten it in the file, then save the file, then re-open that Plus! window. This registry setting will save you to Exit Messenger and then restart it to check every minor change in the file.

RE: is there rusian or ukrain translation? by SergM on 02-22-2009 at 03:03 PM

I wish to offer the variant of translation for version Messenger Plus! Live 4.80
It is my first translation. I accept all necessary remarks.
It correctly works on my personal computer.
Thanks.

RE: is there rusian or ukrain translation? by SergM on 03-27-2009 at 12:40 PM

A new translation for version Messenger Plus! Live 4.81