Shoutbox

Will there be a Plus! Live! Open Beta - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Will there be a Plus! Live! Open Beta (/showthread.php?tid=58279)

Will there be a Plus! Live! Open Beta by dax91 on 04-13-2006 at 05:46 PM

Before banning me (just a joke) I'd like to ask will there ever be a open beta for Plus! Live!, since I started using WLM I couldn't use Plus! (:( it's a sad thing, really), and I've been waiting a while to have it on WLM, and I'm getting little desperate about having it downloaded and installed (even searched Google to get an in-development or a bug filled version) and there's no estimated release date. So could you at least give somekind of prediction of the ETA for the Live! version.

RE: Will there be a Plus! Live! Open Beta by tony on 04-13-2006 at 05:47 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=57167 :)

RE: Will there be a Plus! Live! Open Beta by Matti on 04-13-2006 at 05:48 PM

The first version of MP!L you'll see is Messenger Plus! Live 4.00 FINAL. No release date is planned, but rumors say you can expect it between April and May.

EDIT: shrbr beated me! :'(

RE: Will there be a Plus! Live! Open Beta by dax91 on 04-13-2006 at 06:00 PM

Thanks for the quick replies. Now I either have to change back to Msn Messenger 7.5 or keep waiting for the Live! release.

RE: Will there be a Plus! Live! Open Beta by Patchou on 04-13-2006 at 06:04 PM

Well... actually I'm not so sure of that anymore. Time is passing by and I may have to release something before I'm completely satisfied with it (I have previous engagements that require me to be out of home for two weeks in May).

So for now, let's say nothing has been decided.

RE: Will there be a Plus! Live! Open Beta by Matti on 04-13-2006 at 06:31 PM

You mean you're thinking about releasing a public beta of MP!L, patch? ^o)
I think you better delay the release then, since I more like a fully debugged program than a program which can have here and there an unknown bug. But if it will take a bunch of time, you can release a beta for those who really can't wait another 2-3 weeks. :P

It's your choice, patch. :) But whatever you choose, we'll always support you!

RE: Will there be a Plus! Live! Open Beta by albert on 04-13-2006 at 06:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
(I have previous engagements that require me to be out of home for two weeks in May).

I think he has to have released something by that time.

Wetheir it's a beta or a full release.
RE: Will there be a Plus! Live! Open Beta by absorbation on 04-13-2006 at 06:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
You mean you're thinking about releasing a public beta of MP!L, patch? (Smilie)
I think you better delay the release then, since I more like a fully debugged program than a program which can have here and there an unknown bug. But if it will take a bunch of time, you can release a beta for those who really can't wait another 2-3 weeks. (Smilie)

It's your choice, patch. (Smilie) But whatever you choose, we'll always support you!

Actually the beta is coming along nice now. Suggestions still are needed and it could be a great way to get it out there :P
RE: Will there be a Plus! Live! Open Beta by Phillip on 04-13-2006 at 07:00 PM

I think a public beta is a great idea and not so i can get it sooner, its just a great way to get the program perfected. If most major bugs are gone i think a beta should become public.

But thats just my opinion..

Its Patchou's Decision and the choice he makes is the right one. ^^;

RE: Will there be a Plus! Live! Open Beta by Reload2 on 04-13-2006 at 07:39 PM

And more people we are using a public beta, more bugs we can find before the final release :)

RE: Will there be a Plus! Live! Open Beta by matty on 04-13-2006 at 08:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reload2
And more people we are using a public beta, more bugs we can find before the final release :)
It would honestly be a hard transition for Plus! Live in its early stage to go to be a public beta. We the testers have an extensive library of bugs we consistantly have to go through to make sure nothing is broken because of a fix. People wouldn't have access to this information so for now it will remain a closed beta. Thats not to say that Messenger Plus! Live 4.10 wont be a public beta (you know know.)
RE: Will there be a Plus! Live! Open Beta by C-S-M on 04-13-2006 at 09:23 PM

K I'm really confused, everyone is going on about how well the BETA is coming along, but they still don't want it public? It's obviously all up to Patchou, but if you don't mind me asking, what are these forums for if we can't ask for help, or let other people know about problems with the program? If the program is coming along well, it should be released, and then people can post any problems that they're having here on the forums where the official testers can help them! That's just my opinion... Hope someone can take it into consideration.

RE: Will there be a Plus! Live! Open Beta by CookieRevised on 04-13-2006 at 09:44 PM

"coming along well" doesn't mean a thing. It can be interpreted in many ways.

As Matty has said, there are still far too many things which go wrong. However, this doesn't mean that it comes along well considering the amount of bugs already been fixed. But that doesn't say again anything about what still needs to be fixed... or even still need to be added.

And the forums are here to help people with the official public release. And currently that is still Plus!3.

RE: Will there be a Plus! Live! Open Beta by Patchou on 04-13-2006 at 11:00 PM

Sorry I was too vague in my last post... I'm 90% sure I won't make a public beta version (As you may already know, I don't like that idea). What I'll probably end up doing is release 4.00 and keep on working on 4.10 before I take a little pause.

Of course, maybe that won't be necessary and I'll be able to deliver a good version 4.00 right from the beginning. Despite the amount of testing that's been done already, Messenger Plus! Live being a new software, I know I'll have a lot of bug reports from users at the beginning, caused by many factors that the current testers can't really reproduce.

What I won't do is release a version that still has important known problems so again, everything's left to be decided.