Shoutbox

Backing up Contact Information Notes in Messenger Plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Backing up Contact Information Notes in Messenger Plus (/showthread.php?tid=58281)

Backing up Contact Information Notes in Messenger Plus by tom_and_nic on 04-13-2006 at 06:42 PM

I am going to do a re-format/re-install of windows. I see Messenger Plus has a good feature to back up preferences settings (thanks for that). Does this include BACKING UP OF CONTACT INFORMATION NOTES?? (i.e. the stuff you can type in under contact information window like thier name b-day siblings etc).

I know I can back up e-mail address's under general MSN but I dont need that, I need the Messenger Plus notes that I made for each contact in the contact information window.

If the backup feature will back this info up then great... if not is their a file that all these personal notes are stored in? If so, what is the notes file called? And can I back that up and just put back in the new Messenger Plus directory when I re-install windows?

Thanks
Tom

RE: Backing up Contact Information Notes in Messenger Plus by saralk on 04-13-2006 at 07:02 PM

Yes.

Everything in Messenger Plus! is saved and will be taken over in a backup.

RE: Backing up Contact Information Notes in Messenger Plus by CookieRevised on 04-13-2006 at 07:45 PM

What saralk said....

----------------
as for the answer to this:

quote:
Originally posted by tom_and_nic
(...) is their a file that all these personal notes are stored in? If so, what is the notes file called? And can I back that up and just put back in the new Messenger Plus directory when I re-install windows?
The notes (just as all the preferences, settings and what not) are stored in the registry. Nothing is saved in files.

- All the stuff from Messenger Plus!, like settings and all, can be found under:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2
Everything under that key is saved with the import/export settings wizard...

- The notes you're talking about are stored in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<YourLoginEmail>\Contacts\<ContactHash>\Notes

- General stuff (which is only used by Plus! itself internally) is stored under:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2