Shoutbox

Net Pasport Q's - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Net Pasport Q's (/showthread.php?tid=58298)

Net Pasport Q's by MC Inferno on 04-14-2006 at 08:17 AM

couple of things ppl

i used to have a hotmail account, but now i wanna switch to my personal mcinferno@merseystreetzart.co.uk becoz its better for buisness over MSN

couple of questions i need to ask, to brief you i have got the .net passport thing but it isnt verified yet

1. ive got it done on MSN but a couple of my contcts didnt export properly, (yes i did wait to see if they wer all done coz it took its time ;)) ive got over 300 contacts.... is this normal or from now on will it be dodgy when adding a new contact or they add me?

2. ive sent that email to get it verfifed, hast come thru 20 mins later, sent it again, still no avial.... how long does it normally take?

3. i know to check emails thru MSN i need a hotmail acconut. mcinferno@merseystreetzart.co.uk is acctually just a re-director to my old hotmail account, so is there anyway i can do it then? i know Plus! does something like this

thanx

RE: Net Pasport Q's by Sypher on 04-14-2006 at 08:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
1. ive got it done on MSN but a couple of my contcts didnt export properly, (yes i did wait to see if they wer all done coz it took its time (Smilie)) ive got over 300 contacts.... is this normal or from now on will it be dodgy when adding a new contact or they add me?

They will get the message that a new person has added them.. Pure logical because Microsoft/MSN doesn't know that that's your "new" address :)

quote:
2. ive sent that email to get it verfifed, hast come thru 20 mins later, sent it again, still no avial.... how long does it normally take?

It depends on the speed and load of the Microsoft Mailservers, normally it could take up to one hour.. If you don't receive your mail you can let Microsoft resend it.. Also it's possible that a spamfilter deletes the mails. You might want to contact your ISP if you think that's the case.

quote:
3. i know to check emails thru MSN i need a hotmail acconut. mcinferno@merseystreetzart.co.uk is acctually just a re-director to my old hotmail account, so is there anyway i can do it then? i know Plus! does something like this

With Plus you can check pop3 accounts.. Maybe there will be a plugin to do so, but now it isn't possible.

RE: Net Pasport Q's by MC Inferno on 04-14-2006 at 08:57 AM

1. contact list is ok now

2. been about an hour or so now like yeah. ive double checked to see if it was my spam filter but it wasnt

3. gonna be a pain checking my email manually all the time. thanx anyway