Shoutbox

Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. (/showthread.php?tid=58413)

Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by orig_spoof on 04-17-2006 at 05:02 AM

Ok, this morning (early) i went to sign into MSN Messenger 7.5 and it gave me a troubleshoot message. so i tried that, and clicked repair, and it wouldent fix it. And so i tried EVERYTHING i know of. i unplugged my router, i un-installed and re-installed all of my MSN stuff, and nothing has worked. So i went to check my MSN connection settings, and it said it wasnt connected. So i went into advanced settngs, and everything is blank and when i test it, they all are unable to connect. Any clues on what is wrong and how to fix it???

(Oh, and it won't let me sign into hotmail either. from any browser.)

[Image: MSNtroubleshootmessage.jpg]

[Image: MSNtroubleshootmessage2.jpg]

[Image: MSNtroubleshootmessage3-0.jpg]

[Image: MSNtroubleshootmessage3.jpg]

(if u want the links to the larger images, just say so and i'll make them available)

RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by Funness on 04-17-2006 at 05:43 AM

From what I can see of those small images it seems your ports are blocked.

Make sure C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe is on your allow list on your Firewall.

RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by orig_spoof on 04-17-2006 at 07:32 AM

yeah, it's on my allow list.

RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by Fanta on 04-17-2006 at 09:26 AM

The easiest way to check if the problem originates in your firewall is to simply turn it off and see if you can sign in normal and reach hotmail as well.  Check if this is the case or not.

RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by orig_spoof on 04-17-2006 at 11:01 PM

i tried that right away, and my firewall isnt blocking it.

RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by Y2Pdogg on 04-24-2006 at 04:29 AM

Anyone? orig_spoof is a friend of mine and I would really love to see her MSN fixed. We've both tried everything we know to fix it so I directed her to here as ppl from here have helped me with MSN problems in the past. soo...Anyone?!

RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by NiteMare on 04-24-2006 at 04:30 AM

its REALLY hard to see from those images, actualy sized ones would help

RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by TheSteve on 04-24-2006 at 05:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by orig_spoof
it won't let me sign into hotmail either.

Can you access any secure websites?
try here for example:
https://www.fortify.net/sslcheck.html

If you can access that site, go to start -> run -> cmd
A black window should come up. In that window type:
code:
ping www.hotmail.com

After hitting enter, it will give you some information. If everything is working properly, the test will fail. Take note of the IP address that is listed

Example of an OK test result:
code:
C:\Documents and Settings\test>ping www.hotmail.com

Pinging www.hotmail.aate.nsatc.net [211.39.137.155] with 32 bytes of data:

Example of a Bad test result:
code:

Pinging www.hotmail.com [127.0.0.1] with 32 bytes of data:

If your results look like the Bad example, let us know. Also, if you can't access that sight above, let us know.
RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by butmunch on 04-24-2006 at 04:16 PM

I'm getting the same problems too, only I CAN sign into hotmail. When you initially try to sign into MSN, does it says the following:

"Messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

There is an option to click "View Error", and when I do it says the following:

Error Signature:
AppName: msnmsgr.exe AppVer: 7.5.324.0 ModName: msvcrt.dll
ModVer: 7.0.2600.1106 Offset: 00032f43

After I click Send/Dont Send Error report to Microsoft, MSN closes and I cant sign in!

I tried removing MSN and reinstalling it, I tried "repairng it" from the MSN site, I even uninstalled MsgPlus, yet I still have this problem. I DONT have SP2 - never had it. My internet connection is very fast, though its also very laggy lately if that makes sense - when problems occur, I get an error saying that I should download SP2 - and I would, but when I try it doesnt download properly, theres an error with it. Do you have SP2 installed on your computer? Because if not, then that might be causing it in a way. If you do, then this problem isnt because of SP2 (I would think) and so I have NO idea what it is.

RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by chuck_str on 04-24-2006 at 04:53 PM

people when i get this problem the eay way to fix it is make sure that the time and date on your pc is correct this seems to help

RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by (CyBeRDuDe) on 04-24-2006 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chuck_str
people when i get this problem the eay way to fix it is make sure that the time and date on your pc is correct this seems to help
No way!
This has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with if messenger can sign in or not... If it works for you, you apperently have been lucky that the Messenger service have been down, and it came up again after you checked your time... It makes absolutly no sense that MSN would create/program MSN Messenger as Time/Date independant... NO ONE EVER DOES THAT! Makes no sense at all.. Why would you be able to change the date/time in Windows if programs would be that dependant on it... I am perfectly allowed to change my date one year or 3 days ahead if that's what I want to do, and MSN has no deal in this...
Sorry, but please don't give false information, because this one makes absolutly no sense at all... It's alright to help, but please be realistic...
Sorry folks...

Orig_Spoof:
I see this topic is 1 week old, have you fixed the problem?
Are you able to sign in now? Did you do anything? Or did it just suddenly work, if it just suddenly worked, it might just have been MSN was down for server maintaince or something else, we often see that people can't log in, when MSN is doing server updates.. Sometimes it also seems to be country dependant, so not all users might have been affected on the same time as you...
I have login problems right at this moment... I was online 5 mins ago, now I can't login... So, I'll just have to live with that.. If that is not the case, and you still have problems, please try posting again, maybe some software is bugging messenger... If you found the problem, you are very welcome to post details on what your problem was and how you fixed it, this might help later users that is experiencing the the same problems...
RE: RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by orig_spoof on 04-24-2006 at 11:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheSteve
quote:
it won't let me sign into hotmail either.

Can you access any secure websites?
try here for example:
https://www.fortify.net/sslcheck.html

If you can access that site, go to start -> run -> cmd
A black window should come up. In that window type:
code:
ping www.hotmail.com

After hitting enter, it will give you some information. If everything is working properly, the test will fail. Take note of the IP address that is listed

Example of an OK test result:
code:

Pinging www.hotmail.aate.nsatc.net [211.39.137.155] with 32 bytes of data:

Example of a Bad test result:
code:

Pinging www.hotmail.com [127.0.0.1] with 32 bytes of data:

If your results look like the Bad example, let us know. Also, if you can't access that sight above, let us know.

thanks for the help, but it won't let me go to that site.
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)

Orig_Spoof:
I see this topic is 1 week old, have you fixed the problem?
Are you able to sign in now? Did you do anything? Or did it just suddenly work, if it just suddenly worked, it might just have been MSN was down for server maintaince or something else, we often see that people can't log in, when MSN is doing server updates.. Sometimes it also seems to be country dependant, so not all users might have been affected on the same time as you...
I have login problems right at this moment... I was online 5 mins ago, now I can't login... So, I'll just have to live with that.. If that is not the case, and you still have problems, please try posting again, maybe some software is bugging messenger... If you found the problem, you are very welcome to post details on what your problem was and how you fixed it, this might help later users that is experiencing the the same problems...

i checked the MSN servers and they are working fine. i have not been able to log into MSN for over a week now. And now, i am discovering that i am not able to get onto any secure websites at all.
http://www.piczo.com/lifelist?g=24743333&cr=1

ok, theres the link to the real-sized pics. i really hope that helps.
RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by Fuzzles on 04-25-2006 at 07:30 AM

Have you got cookies allowed? I don't know if it will work but it is worth a try

RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by Felu on 04-25-2006 at 12:30 PM

Try this.
I hope ur problem is solved now.

RE: RE: RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by TheSteve on 04-25-2006 at 04:39 PM

quote:
No way!
This has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with if messenger can sign in or not...
Actually, in some cases, it can and does affect the proper use of the SSL certificate used to encrypt your username and password as you sign in.

quote:
it won't let me go to that site.
In this case, It sounds like you are having an issues access secure website.  Try the article that "Ghost of Da Ages" linked to. If you still cannot access sites that begin with "https://" try following all of the steps in this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813444/en-us
RE: RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by orig_spoof on 04-25-2006 at 09:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GHOST OF DA AGES
Try this.
I hope ur problem is solved now.

thanks for the help, but i tried all of that already :S nothing seems to work

quote:
it won't let me go to that site.
In this case, It sounds like you are having an issues access secure website.  Try the article that "Ghost of Da Ages" linked to. If you still cannot access sites that begin with "https://" try following all of the steps in this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813444/en-us

ok, i tried every single step on that site, and none of them fixed the problem. This may be more serious than i thought.
RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by Felu on 04-26-2006 at 09:41 AM

Uninstal Msn messenger 7.5 and download Msn messenger 6 from here. Then try signing in. Afterwards u may upgrade to 7.5.

Also try signing in with another id.

RE: RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by orig_spoof on 04-26-2006 at 05:50 PM

quote:
Uninstal Msn messenger 7.5 and download Msn messenger 6 from here. Then try signing in. Afterwards u may upgrade to 7.5.

Also try signing in with another id.

i've already tried signing in from multiple IDs, but i'll try installing that messenger.
installing that messenger didnt work, it still gives me the error/troubleshoot message, except it's the 6.2 version of it now.

could something be wrong with my proxy server or with my IP address?
RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by Felu on 04-27-2006 at 10:03 AM

quote:
I say check your hosts file then.

Edit: Or download the attachment, run it. This will make sure MSN Messenger can find all the files it needs on your computer. Note that running the file can take a few minutes.
RE: RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by orig_spoof on 04-27-2006 at 01:34 PM

quote:
quote:
I say check your hosts file then.

Edit: Or download the attachment, run it. This will make sure MSN Messenger can find all the files it needs on your computer. Note that running the file can take a few minutes.

i already did that, and it didnt fix it
RE: Urgent help needed! MAJOR MSN problems. by tony on 04-27-2006 at 01:45 PM

Run a spyware scan.