Shoutbox

New WLM Build again!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: New WLM Build again!!! (/showthread.php?tid=58425)

New WLM Build again!!! by dannychen on 04-17-2006 at 12:50 PM

The Messenger Team is poised to release new features into the imminent Windows Live Messenger April refresh, including:

Windows Live Today: The Windows Live replacement of MSN Messenger’s MSN Today pop up box when you sign in to Messenger.

Encrypted Contacts: You can now choose to encrypt you buddy list when it is stored on your PC, so no one can steal your friends away from you.

More Windows Live Call Integration: Now, when making a call using Windows Live Call, your status will automatically change to “On the Phone”.

Device Support: Device support for Windows Live Phone interfaces.

New UI: The new UI, show previously here at LiveSide , will also make its debut.

Please note its unknown at this time if the Device Support features will make it in to any new build that’s given out to Beta Testers or even the final product.

Source: Liveside.net

[Image: d08.PNG]
[Image: Capture01.jpg]

[Image: d02.PNG]
[Image: d03.PNG]
[Image: d04.PNG]
[Image: d05.PNG]
[Image: d06.PNG]
[Image: d07.PNG]
[Image: Capture08.jpg]
[Image: Capture10.jpg]

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by qgroessl on 04-17-2006 at 12:56 PM

Nice... I like some of the things like removing the "User says" from the convo.... WLM is getting better.

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by absorbation on 04-17-2006 at 12:59 PM

Does this now install in a new directory? I have noticed the names have changed in many areas :P

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Eddie on 04-17-2006 at 01:44 PM

No one has any idea becuase it hasnt been released to anyone, apparently it was sent out in the alerts from the messenger says blog but after checkin the blog it wasnt there so neh...:)...apparently it should be released over the next cpl of days to different countries :D

I know yas probly know that anyway hehe :D Im looking forward to the new build hoping its the last build before the final :)

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Reload2 on 04-17-2006 at 02:13 PM

I always ask myself why they don't put the name spot as longer as the psm :(

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by CookieRevised on 04-17-2006 at 02:29 PM

They better would have fixed all the bugs in WLM .566 before adding all that other stuff or I'll shout...

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by absorbation on 04-17-2006 at 02:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
They better would have fixed all the bugs in WLM .566 before adding all that other stuff or I'll shout...

Yes, I hope there is another beta due to the offical release may be laced with bugs :P
RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Eddie on 04-17-2006 at 02:31 PM

lol there are a few annoying bugs in .566, blocked contacts, nicknames changing back to previous names GRRRR.

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Matti on 04-17-2006 at 03:06 PM

Nice layout, I'm only a bit worried about the bugs... :P

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Lou on 04-17-2006 at 03:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DevilFX
it was sent out in the alerts from the messenger says blog
I don't see a single post with any of these screenshots on messengersays.
RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Eddie on 04-17-2006 at 03:38 PM

nah it wasnt posted on messengersays bt a few people i know have said they recieved some pics through messenger says alerts? oh well :P maybe they didnt but neh :P but yer im thinkn same as u did...i will just say liveside as source then hehe :P

and its yet again another UI that Messenger Plus Live! has to adjust to hehe 8-)

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Lou on 04-17-2006 at 03:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DevilFX
nah it wasnt posted on messengersays bt a few people i know have said they recieved some pics through messenger says alerts? oh well :P maybe they didnt but neh :P but yer im thinkn same as u did...i will just say liveside as source then hehe :P
To be honest those screenshots could easily be photoshopped or something. It's quite easy to make those. So I don't trust this untill I have a trusted source.
RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Eddie on 04-17-2006 at 03:52 PM

those images are original from features that have been mentioned in the past before....just becuase things have been mocked up in the past doesnt mean everything posted will be a fake ;) but neh nufin stoppin ya i guess...:P

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Supersonicdarky on 04-17-2006 at 04:03 PM

its on mess.be, so i don't think they're fake

---

http://spaces.msn.com/michsun/blog/cns!DB3E67A17268A540!5510.entry

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by absorbation on 04-17-2006 at 05:34 PM

I think the team give liveside some screenshots etc, because they don't want to release a new beta but still want interest in the product :P Leah, project manager is always doing stuff like this :P

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Lou on 04-17-2006 at 05:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
its on mess.be, so i don't think they're fake

---

http://spaces.msn.com/michsun/blog/cns!DB3E67A17268A540!5510.entry
That's a trusted source:P I believe it now.
RE: New WLM Build again!!! by absorbation on 04-17-2006 at 05:45 PM

mess.be is not. They are just comparing other sources. That's how things happen. mess.be have got things wrong in the past (fake msn 7 build). A trusted source at best is a spokeperson from a company and then jourlists write up and give facts about what they said :P

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Kryptonate on 04-17-2006 at 06:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
or first add most of the features they want and then give beta testers enough time to test all of it instead of adding features to it when it's almost going to be released. I hope they're going to be smart. But I often have the impression they look at their software a little bit too brightly :undecided:.

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
That's a trusted source(Smilie) I believe it now.
That's rubbish, the only source you should believe and see as a trusted source about products from Microsoft is Microsoft itself. None else.
RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Ahmad on 04-17-2006 at 06:59 PM

Fake? Real? Don't really care.. just waiting for a new build to be released.

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
mess.be have got things wrong in the past (fake msn 7 build).
:lol:
RE: New WLM Build again!!! by absorbation on 04-17-2006 at 07:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
mess.be have got things wrong in the past (fake msn 7 build).
:lol:

You tricked us good :P
RE: New WLM Build again!!! by matty on 04-17-2006 at 07:36 PM

If its true I wonder how much of a resource hog it is :$.

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by RebelSean on 04-17-2006 at 08:38 PM

As Cookie said, hopefully all of the bugs with the current build have been fixed that way we can focus on testing all these new features.

quote:
Originally posted by Matty

Probably the same with the current build; not that bad.
RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Menthix on 04-17-2006 at 08:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
not that bad.
50 freaking MBs... peaking to 90 + taking twice as much CPU time as my bittorrent client (edit: 2.7 actually :o ) :s.
RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Kryptonate on 04-17-2006 at 09:00 PM

quote:
Probably the same with the current build; not that bad.
a lot of people are having problems with it and, after all, it's just an IM :undecided:.
RE: New WLM Build again!!! by RebelSean on 04-17-2006 at 10:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
not that bad.
50 freaking MBs... peaking to 90 + taking twice as much CPU time as my bittorrent client (edit: 2.7 actually :o ) :s.

Some people have problems with extensive resource useage, some don't. I'm one of those who doesn't. I personally haven't seen above ~30MB of RAM useage in quite awhile (while I'm even testing Plus! Live). I don't consider that to be much considering all of the dynamic crap that WLM has. Like I said, hopefully it will be improved for those of you who are having problems with it :).
RE: RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Hank on 04-18-2006 at 12:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty

Mine only peaks at around 30MB roughly. but with the added GUI colour of it im sure it'll bump up to another 5 or 10MB
RE: New WLM Build again!!! by vaiper on 04-18-2006 at 01:15 AM

wher do u get this new bulid????

RE: RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Chris4 on 04-18-2006 at 01:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vaiper
wher do u get this new bulid????

quote:
Originally posted by www.mess.be
The April refresh of the Beta is not available to the public yet, so don't ask for it.

:P
RE: New WLM Build again!!! by jordanspringer on 04-18-2006 at 01:29 AM

i leave my messenger on 24/7 , for days on end, and it peaks at about 69Mb, which is insanely high, however limewire is running at 71mb right now

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Kryptonate on 04-18-2006 at 08:18 AM

WLM is just started up and it uses 64mb with just the list open. Without anything open it takes about 13mb.

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by sunny81 on 04-18-2006 at 08:53 AM

http://spaces.msn.com/michsun/Blog/cns!DB3E67A17268A540!5510.entry

hi! it's me!

i post the new WLM 683  in my spaces:http://spaces.msn.com/michsun

i post this http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=52...d=559729#pid559729

and  http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=52...d=558047#pid558047

i'm a Chinese. so my english is not very well. Please be understood. Thank you!

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Hank on 04-18-2006 at 09:43 AM

Question is..how do u have it whenn official testers dont even have it? im calling this a fake till i see the true build when its released

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Menthix on 04-18-2006 at 10:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
how do u have it whenn official testers dont even have it?
It's leaked (please no links). If it's a fake then MS should hire those people because then they have succesfully fixed bugs and added new features (and new bugs :s) whithout having the source :D.
RE: RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Hank on 04-18-2006 at 10:38 AM

quote:
quote:
how do u have it whenn official testers dont even have it?
It's leaked (please no links). If it's a fake then MS should hire those people because then they have succesfully fixed bugs and added new features (and new bugs :s) whithout having the source :D.

we'll soon see if its real or not this is known for people to put up faker pics of Messenger before its release
RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Eddie on 04-18-2006 at 11:03 AM

More SSCS released by Mess.be this time...

[Image: wlm-80683-dashboard.png]
[Image: wlm-80683-security-options.png]
[Image: wlm-80683-conversation.png]

Apparently there are also some new sounds...Yet to be confirmed if final...Guess we will all find out soon if this is all definately official. But i think its an official build :)

"A little birdie flew over this morning and dropped the internal Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0683 Beta. Yep, good shit also happens. Here are some new and exclusive screenshots.

- The revamped dashboard shows the new "In a Call" status which can be automatically enabled when starting a Windows Live Call (an internal link to this page reveals the availability of this feature in Germany, France, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States first).

- Next to the e-mail, Sharing Folders and Space icons, you'll see a new calendar/clock icon which is in fact just a link to the Windows Live Today popup. BTW: I have Messenger Plus! Live, hence the Plus! icon.

- Extra security options, eg. "Encrypt contact list data so that it is not accessible outside of Windows Live Messenger" With other words: don't let someone steal your buddies!

- Here's how the conversation windows now looks like. Again, ignore the two Plus! icons, but notice the new tiny webcam icon.

- I also noticed different sounds for a new alert, new e-mail, new message and when a contact signs in. I'm not sure whether these are final.

windows live messenger 8.0.0683 internal beta buildDon't ask me for this build, nor for Messenger Plus! Live. Just wait and look out for other little birdies... As always, more news as soon as we hear it!"

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Menthix on 04-18-2006 at 11:18 AM

quote:
this is known for people to put up faker pics of Messenger before its release
It's not just screenies, an installer is leaked... I'm running it at the moment. True, if it would have been just screenies it is way too easy to fake.

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Hank on 04-18-2006 at 11:27 AM

quote:
quote:
this is known for people to put up faker pics of Messenger before its release
It's not just screenies, an installer is leaked... I'm running it at the moment. True, if it would have been just screenies it is way too easy to fake.
if i recall people downloaded the fake build that Abs made. how come ur using a leaked build anyway?
RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Menthix on 04-18-2006 at 11:34 AM

quote:
f i recall people downloaded the fake build that Abs made.
Didn't see that one, but I'm sure that didn't succesfully fuxed bugs and had new functional features (not just a different GUI).

quote:
how come ur using a leaked build anyway?
Curious.
RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Hank on 04-18-2006 at 11:40 AM

quote:
Curious.
well you show a great example for others here ,
RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Dane on 04-18-2006 at 12:19 PM

This ones a memory hog hands down :-P...but overall a nice, refreshing build.  I love the new icons and the new chat window...its so useful!

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by dannychen on 04-18-2006 at 12:52 PM

i has been leaked to the internet. so i dont think its fake or just skin.

RE: New WLM Build again!!! by sufcste on 04-18-2006 at 01:04 PM

I'm dubious about it atm. There have been loads of internal builds I bet, and this one has just happened to be leaked. This might mean that it will never be a public beta. However, I hope it is, cos I'm sick of the bugs and instability :).

RE: RE: New WLM Build again!!! by Max on 04-18-2006 at 02:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Crimcz
So this new build has no dramtic changes that will affect msg plus...?

God i hope not.. This one is aimed at you MenthiX

No, not really.

Some features are not working and/or have been defunct such as the use of the Idle status. The UI will need to be changed since WLMs UI has been. Other than that, everything is okay. :)