Shoutbox

speakers help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: speakers help (/showthread.php?tid=58441)

speakers help by vaiper on 04-17-2006 at 11:03 PM

ok i brought new R20 logitech speakers on the weekend! woot! but i need help connecting them to my tv can any help? thanks in advance

RE: speakers help by [MR] on 04-17-2006 at 11:04 PM

isn't there an instruction manual? 

RE: speakers help by vaiper on 04-17-2006 at 11:05 PM

yeah read that it's no help lol all it says is it can be sheiled aganitist TV's lol

RE: speakers help by [MR] on 04-17-2006 at 11:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by logitech
Dynamic bass in a compact design.

The Logitech® R-20 stereo speakers offer optimal audio in a sleek, compact design. Enhance your games, music, and movies with smooth bass by connecting these speakers to PCs, CD and MP3 players. Subwoofer completes the package for full sound.  Also includes volume control and headphone jack.

* Enhance your listening experience. The Logitech R-20 2.1 speakers include a ported wood subwoofer to deliver deep bass.
    * Optimize your sound via the high excursion drivers.
    * Plug and Play. Connects easily to PCs, CD and MP3 players
    * Listen privately by using the headphone jack.
    * Don´t worry about interference from other devices. The shielded satellites let you use the R-20 stereo speakers near your PC monitor or TV.

says nothing about hooking them to a TV.
RE: speakers help by vaiper on 04-17-2006 at 11:13 PM

i no but in the instruction maunal thingo, it say u can get a connection or sumthink to hook them up to tv i think , or i want to be albe to connect them to a dvd player

RE: speakers help by mwe99 on 04-17-2006 at 11:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaiper
no but in the instruction maunal thingo, it say u can get a connection or sumthink to hook them up to tv i think , or i want to be albe to connect them to a dvd player

well do you have the connection you need?
RE: speakers help by vaiper on 04-17-2006 at 11:21 PM

no i cant seem to find it? but just want some help on how to get the connection and wwehenn i do have it how to connect it

RE: speakers help by [MR] on 04-17-2006 at 11:25 PM

when you do have it, it will be quite apparent I'm sure on how to connect it.  Do you know what the connector is called?  Would it be somthing like an A-Jack?

RE: speakers help by lizard.boy on 04-17-2006 at 11:46 PM

You should have received a cable like this:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=635291]
That should have come with your new speakers. What you do is instead of plugging the red and white rca cables into your tv, you plug them into the cable and your speakers plug into the other end.

RE: speakers help by vaiper on 04-17-2006 at 11:52 PM

thanks lizard! i will have to c if i can get one from around the house , i didnt recive that cable with the speakers

thanks for your help every1

i need a double ended connection for the green end cus i got two for the rca cables, but not

this is what i have
[Image: SmallHRCACables2to1.jpg]

and have to gold things that allow to plug in the rca cable both ends but need one for the audio one?

will this work like tha one u showed lizard?

RE: speakers help by rav0 on 04-18-2006 at 12:10 AM

The red and white will plug into the tv, and the black end (should be green) should plug somewhere into the speakers.

RE: speakers help by vaiper on 04-18-2006 at 12:18 AM

into the headphone jack???

RE: RE: speakers help by lizard.boy on 04-18-2006 at 12:20 AM

quote:
i need a double ended connection for the green end cus i got two for the rca cables, but not

this is what i have
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/ima...HRCACables2to1.jpg

and have to gold things that allow to plug in the rca cable both ends but need one for the audio one?

will this work like tha one u showed lizard?

No, it won't work because you have a male end on the rca side, and you need a female end. (one you can plug your speakers into)
(That is if you have a gender bender [the gold thing] for the rca side, then your ok)
RE: speakers help by CookieRevised on 04-18-2006 at 12:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
The red and white will plug into the tv, and the black end (should be green) should plug somewhere into the speakers.
or vice versa... it all depends on what connection types both the speakers and TV have (or haven't). Not all TV's have an RCA Audio out (in fact, very few do; many do have RCA Audio in though). It could aslo be that he must use the Scart instead, or even worse the headphone, which is a Jack socket, not RCA, etc... etc...

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
No, it won't work because you have a male end on the rca side, and you need a female end. (one you can plug your speakers into)
That is if the speakers are equipt with RCA Audio In. It might well be that it is a Stereo Jack In...

----------------

@Helpers: how can you help if you don't know what kind of audio output the TV has? It all depends on what type of connectors there are on the TV.

@vaiper: what type of connectors are there on the TV? List them all in detail. Or better yet, take a picture of everything on the TV were you can plug something in.

Second, what type of connectors does the speakers have. Again, list them in detail or even better take a picture also...
RE: speakers help by rav0 on 04-18-2006 at 12:23 AM

vaiper, please use full sentences, I'm not sure what you meant then.

If your TV has a headphone jack, then you need a different cable.

If your TV doesn't have a headphone jack (likely), then you use the cable in the picture you posted.

The red and white end goes into the analog stereo audio out RCA jacks of your TV. The black end plugs into your speakers, probably into a green socket.

RE: speakers help by vaiper on 04-18-2006 at 12:25 AM

wel on the tv it has three lots of plug things ,

white red yellow, on the side

white red yellow x2 at the back of the tv

, the speakers have tha green plug currently in my mp3 player! and has a yellow cable that goes to the subwoofer

also yes lizard i have the gender bender but need one for the audio (black one) in the picture.

Rav0 the speakers sry have a headphone jack!

RE: speakers help by CookieRevised on 04-18-2006 at 12:28 AM

colors don't mean a thing... name all the plugs by name (and gender!) or take a picture.

RE: speakers help by rav0 on 04-18-2006 at 12:33 AM

What kind of plug is the gender bender that you have for?

One set of {white,red,yellow} on the back of your TV will be output. The yellow is composite video out. The white and red are left and right channel audio out.

The y-adaptor is meant to plug into the white and red audio out of the TV. The black end of the y-adaptor is meant to go to your speakers. Since you have a plug on the speakers, not a socket, you need a gender bender to go between the y-adaptor and the speakers.

RE: RE: speakers help by CookieRevised on 04-18-2006 at 12:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
One set of {white,red,yellow} on the back of your TV will be output.
On most TV's that's input, not output....!!!

Can we please wait and stop guessing or giving possible wrong suggestions? Wait until he lists (with the proper name) all the plugs he has on the TV and on the speakers, and that includes if it is input or output, the gender and the size (for jacks)....
RE: speakers help by vaiper on 04-18-2006 at 12:43 AM

if i get this [Image: pe-6904.jpg]

will it work??? if i plug the green bit in to one end and the black cable from the y adaptor in?

and its ture colours do mean a think if on a tv it pretty obvisis

RE: speakers help by [MR] on 04-18-2006 at 12:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
colors don't mean a thing.
They do for a TV, if they are red yellow and white then that would clearly be the AV Port and its most likely going to be female if it is on a tv.

quote:
but on some tvs they have an input section of the AV port and a section for out put AV port so you could use surround sound speakers like i have :D
RE: speakers help by CookieRevised on 04-18-2006 at 12:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by [MR]
quote:
but on some tvs they have an input section of the AV port and a section for out put AV port so you could use surround sound speakers like i have :D
yeah and on other tv's you have 1 ingoing scart, 2 outgoing, a SVHS plug, coax etc... the point is, you don't know..

You can give 1001 possible solutions if you don't know exactly what stuff he has.

------------

quote:
will it work???

Can you list in detail (prefereably with pictures!!!) what connectors you have where.

Use the proper names, including if it is a female or male plug. For jacks, include the size also (although it would mostlikely be 3.5mm).
Also, for any connector you list say if it is input, output or both.

Until you do this, nobody can give you proper support. All that can be done (as is done for already 20 posts) is wild guessing...
RE: speakers help by vaiper on 04-18-2006 at 12:51 AM

i have 1 y adatop shwon above, two gold gender benders, and need a gender bender for a 3.5 audio end  thats plugs into a mp3 player, sry i dont no gender's

RE: speakers help by CookieRevised on 04-18-2006 at 12:52 AM

The types of connectors on your TV and speakers I mean....

genders: a male plug is a plug with a stick pointing out; a female plug is a plug with a hole in it

RE: speakers help by vaiper on 04-18-2006 at 12:55 AM

for tv i have , three

white and red aud0io, and the yellow video, i think input, cus i plug my xbox cord's into it , and on the back i have two, white and red audio, and yellow video, and the same for the other white and red audio, and yellow video, i can plug in a dvd plyerr into all three or my xbox into all three

these are all female

except for my xbox ones,

also

for the speakers i just have a 3.5 green audio male plug , that can plug into a mp3 player!

y adaptor is all male, with two gender benders on red and white audio , makin them female, and  a 3.5 audio plug , that i have no idea what i need!

RE: speakers help by CookieRevised on 04-18-2006 at 01:14 AM

It isn't clear what you got where.

Also, is that all on your TV concearning connectors? What about Scarts, Jacks, etc...?

If you can't make a proper detailed list, try to take pictures of everything...

--------------------

eg: "for the speakers i just have a 3.5 green audio male plug , that can plug into a mp3 player! "
1) mp3 players can have a thousand different kind of connectors.
2) "for the speakers"... what for the speakers? is it a loose cable, is it a connector you're talking about? what?

----------------------------------

So take pictures of everything, and I mean everything. This includes:
- all the connectors on your tv (not only those which you think are important... all of them)
- all the connectors on your speaker set
- all the loose cables, plugs, gender changers and whatever you have lying around.

RE: speakers help by vaiper on 04-18-2006 at 02:18 AM

i just brought A AUDIO ADAPTAR 3.5 TO 3.5 STERO SOCKET AND IT WORKS

RE: speakers help by rav0 on 04-18-2006 at 02:24 AM

Yay!

/sclap (h5)(h5)(h5)(h5)(h5)

RE: speakers help by vaiper on 04-18-2006 at 09:18 AM

thanks for all your help every1