Shoutbox

re-direct hotmail, to hotmail - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: re-direct hotmail, to hotmail (/showthread.php?tid=58447)

re-direct hotmail, to hotmail by MC Inferno on 04-18-2006 at 01:52 AM

i have a hotmail account, but i wanna automatically direct any of the mail i get to that to my new hotmail account

ive already tried "GetMail" that didnt work.

any ideas?

RE: re-direct hotmail, to hotmail by Hank on 04-18-2006 at 02:08 AM

have you used the i think the Filters inside hotmail options?

RE: re-direct hotmail, to hotmail by rav0 on 04-18-2006 at 02:25 AM

There's nothing inside Hotmail to do that.

RE: re-direct hotmail, to hotmail by zaher1988 on 04-18-2006 at 05:54 AM

there is no forward option yet in hotmail. for example if you had a sec gmail account, you could have set your hotmail account to receive them, because that's a feature of gmail.

however hotmail provides a POP Mail Retrieval which comes with the paid account. Using it i guess you can retrieve most of the accounts.

Many regards

RE: re-direct hotmail, to hotmail by Hank on 04-18-2006 at 06:12 AM

been a long time since i used crap old shottymail . only thing you can do is tell friends your new email an get them to delete the old hotmail address an send email to the new addy..

RE: re-direct hotmail, to hotmail by rav0 on 04-18-2006 at 06:20 AM

[theory]
Hotmail provides a POP Mail retrieval for paid accounts, but, free accounts can almost get POP access using Hotmail Popper (hotpop).

Hotpop is a program which you tell your Hotmail username and password. Hotpop logs in to and gets the webpages with you email on it (doesn't show you this). It decodes the pages, and then makes the actual email available on the POP server that it starts on your computer.

You could use a program to access your emails through hotpop, and have that program forward the emails to your new address.

RE: re-direct hotmail, to hotmail by MC Inferno on 04-19-2006 at 03:13 AM

Thats esentailly what GetMail did but it wdnt work ^^^^^^

i need to divert it, coz im on ALOT of improtant mailing lists and so forth on my old one, too many to go back and change all

is there a hack or something liek that where i can upgrade hotmail without paying then? i know mess.be leaks em sometimes

RE: re-direct hotmail, to hotmail by Ezra on 04-19-2006 at 04:14 PM

My POP3 still works for hotmail :)

RE: re-direct hotmail, to hotmail by Dempsey on 04-19-2006 at 04:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
My POP3 still works for hotmail :)
Yea i think old accounts that did use it still can, I still can too.  But new accounts or people who didnt used to use it cant.