Shoutbox

Error during setup - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Error during setup (/showthread.php?tid=58471)

Error during setup by Balthe on 04-18-2006 at 08:19 PM

Hello, I've just recently tried to install the latest build of MSG Plus! (ver. 3.63.148) and it gives me an "I/O error" during setup, and suggests that I reboot the computer, login as administrator, re-download the setup file or change installation directory in order to solve the issue.
I've tried all the things it told me to do, as well as completely clean my system of both MSN Messenger and Plus!, using jv16's regcleaner, and then do a fresh install of the latest versions of both programs, but with no luck. Also, System Restore has always been disabled on my system (WinXP SP2), so I have no restore points from before this error started popping up.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do next?

RE: Error during setup by RaceProUK on 04-20-2006 at 11:12 AM

Have you redownloaded the installer to make sure it isn't corrupted?

RE: Error during setup by Balthe on 04-20-2006 at 11:18 AM

Yes, I tried that a number of times from the different mirrors on SimTel. Also, a small update, I got a hold of the previous version 3.62, and the error persists in this installer as well.

RE: Error during setup by RaceProUK on 04-20-2006 at 11:34 AM

That means that there's likely a problem on your PC. Sorry, but I don't know where to start finding if that's true or not.

RE: Error during setup by matty on 04-20-2006 at 11:49 AM

What language of Windows are you using? I am wondering if its a problem with extracting the files from the installer.

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
quote:
Originally posted by Balthe
System Restore has always been disabled on my system (WinXP SP2)

What was the point of that?