Shoutbox

BF2: euro force - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: BF2: euro force (/showthread.php?tid=58494)

BF2: euro force by stoshrocket on 04-19-2006 at 01:15 PM

right. im confused. i finally pushed myself to shell out £20 for BF2: Special Forces because the choice of servers... was... well.... non-existant really. So i went out, bought it, and there are even less servers now. Ive looked at the servers with different versions and there they all are.... 1,000+ servers with a 'newer' version than me, even though ive patched it as far as i can see. All i can say is WTF.
i went on the BF website and now i see about this euro force, can anyone clear this up for me.... is euro force a further expansion on SF or is it a totally different booster or is it a newer version? im confused :s

RE: BF2: euro force by user27089 on 04-19-2006 at 01:17 PM

Are you sure you have all of the up to date patches and stuff... Cause I doubt the issue would be that they have a completely different game. They don't usually have the same servers for expansions as they do for the normal games :-/.

RE: BF2: euro force by stoshrocket on 04-19-2006 at 01:27 PM

well the thing is that all the battlefield two servers are in one area, and the way you view the ones you want is that you use the filters to filter out the ones with different versions.... so i dont know.... although im pretty certain ive fully patched it

RE: BF2: euro force by Negro_Joe on 04-19-2006 at 03:30 PM

Euro force is a new expansion containing new weapons and vehicles, and its only availabe from the battlfeield 2 website online it isnt being sold in the shops, and i think you can play in normal BF2 servers...:|

RE: BF2: euro force by Lt.Col.DraGon on 04-19-2006 at 03:37 PM

Afaik, Euro force is just a booster back. It contains 3 new maps, new weapons and a new army. It isn't like Special Forces. SF was an expansion that contained more armies and a lot more maps. But EF is just a booster pack that you buy via EA downloader and you can join servers that have those 3 new maps.

I'm not sure if you can enter normal servers and use the EF unlocked weapons.

RE: BF2: euro force by stoshrocket on 04-19-2006 at 05:28 PM

thanks, well, is there anyone who plays battle field 2 without euro force that can access more than 120 servers???

RE: BF2: euro force by philipe on 04-19-2006 at 05:56 PM

Well, I can access over 1000 servers without any booster packs. I think that you are only filtering servers supporting the Battlefield 2 Special Forces addon, or you just don't have the latest patch installed. You can get it here.

RE: BF2: euro force by stoshrocket on 04-19-2006 at 06:11 PM

bah, ill try that.... i dont know if thats the patch ive used, but thanks anyway mate (y)

RE: BF2: euro force by QtanJ on 04-19-2006 at 06:19 PM

When you install SF(BF2: Special Forces) you downgrade your patch version to 1.10 or something under 1.12. You need to patch after that and maybe you need to patch after installation of Euro Force too. Latest patch is by the way 1.22, try to install the full version of that patch.

*edit I've read the earlier posts and this wasn't posted before. It contains not much new information. Just the fact that the SF installer patches the game to an old version.

RE: BF2: euro force by stoshrocket on 04-19-2006 at 06:25 PM

yeah... i forgot you downgrade to 1.1, i patched SF with the latest but forgot to patch BF2 witgh 1.22, which is prob why i cant access the servers.... thanks mate!

RE: BF2: euro force by user27089 on 04-19-2006 at 06:25 PM

QtanJ, that's basically what Philipe said. Please read through the threads before posting, as what you say may already have been said (obviously).

quote:
Originally posted by Methos2
bah, ill try that.... i dont know if thats the patch ive used, but thanks anyway mate (y)
That's what I said right at the start.

RE: BF2: euro force by stoshrocket on 04-19-2006 at 06:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
That's what I said right at the start.

sorry trax... i know, but he pointed me to the BF2 patches rather than just the BF2: SF patches, then Qtan reminded me about the downgrade in the BF2....
RE: BF2: euro force by JadeRovo on 04-21-2006 at 10:56 AM

you need to patch because you downgraded it