Shoutbox

Leaked WLM PLUS Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem (/showthread.php?tid=58507)

Leaked WLM PLUS Problem by .MystiKal on 04-19-2006 at 09:32 PM

Ok, I know your all going to give me the what not on not to download links from the official source, but I downloaded the Leak from a website by the person known as ENJOi.

Is there any way to sort this? It won't let me sign-in to MSN Messenger on any version. E-Messenger etc. works ok.

Help would be very much appreciated.

(Figured i'd post here as this would be the more correct place to ask this question)

RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem by Sunshine on 04-19-2006 at 09:34 PM

Uninstalling is the only option here, sorry.

RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem by .MystiKal on 04-19-2006 at 09:42 PM

I un-installed but yet it still won't let me on. I think it embedded files somewhere else.

RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem by Dane on 04-19-2006 at 09:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .MystiKal
I un-installed but yet it still won't let me on. I think it embedded files somewhere else.
I assure you it doesnt affect your sign in status...
and even if it did, thats why you dont download leaked betas
RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem by M73A on 04-19-2006 at 09:46 PM

do yu get any errors...?

my friends had a similar problem... emessenger worked etc etc, just like you... he didnt mention the error code to me so i couldn't find any things about it, when he actually did after about a month a slution was found with google...

RE: RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem by .MystiKal on 04-19-2006 at 09:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kobol
quote:
I assure you it doesnt affect your sign in status...
and even if it did, thats why you dont download leaked betas

I read it cripples your contact list or something like that.

Well, anyway, everytime I tried signing in to MSNM it said I had troubles signing in. I go to troubleshoot and it freezes the whole thing and Windows Vista gets the error report thing which doesn't do a thing.

Nothing like this happened with me before the Leak. Are you sure its not the leak thats affecting it?

Yeah I got that ^^; Won't happen again.

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
do yu get any errors...?

my friends had a similar problem... emessenger worked etc etc, just like you... he didnt mention the error code to me so i couldn't find any things about it, when he actually did after about a month a slution was found with google...

Well, Windows Vista gets the error and wants me to send a report. You want an error code? I'll get it if it shows.

Ok it says :

80004005 = Thats the code.

And it says that sorry MSN Beta can't sign me in because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

I've been trying for 3 days...
RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem by Dane on 04-19-2006 at 09:52 PM

quote:
I read it cripples your contact list or something like that.
Thats only a virus that pretends to be Plus!.  And it just deletes your contact list.

quote:

Well, anyway, everytime I tried signing in to MSNM it said I had troubles signing in. I go to troubleshoot and it freezes the whole thing and Windows Vista gets the error report thing which doesn't do a thing.
Its worth noting that Windows Vista and WLM 8 are not intended for eachother yet.  Throwing in a leaked beta of Messenger Plus! Live doesnt exactly help.  So the situation has changed to now it could be possible...anything could be...cause your on Vista.

quote:

Nothing like this happened with me before the Leak. Are you sure its not the leak thats affecting it?

Well, as stated above, im confident, but since you're on Vista anything is possible.

quote:
Yeah I got that ^^; Won't happen again.
Well, you're using Vista, arent you?  Probably a leaked build as well, which can cause all kinds of problems....I doubt you'll stop though, most of the people who download leaks never stop.

Its also worth noting if you did download the fake virus version of Plus! at some point, it can inflict damage to your Messenger including sign in issues...
RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem by .MystiKal on 04-19-2006 at 09:57 PM

Why does my contact list appear on E-Messenger etc. in that case? Do you mean it clears it from the MSNM windows itself?

It's not leaked, I got a CD. And I signed-up for MSN 8 ages ago, and for my new Hotmail. The only thing I got leaked was the WLM Plus.

I see. Ok, then I should probably wipe my computer and start from scratch. Make two partitions, one for Windows Vista and one for Windows XP.

So nobody knows how to fix this virus from ENJOi?

RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem by Dane on 04-19-2006 at 10:01 PM

quote:
Why does my contact list appear on E-Messenger etc. in that case? Do you mean it clears it from the MSNM windows itself?

Well, you obviously downloaded the leaked 214 if you still see your contact list.

quote:

I see. Ok, then I should probably wipe my computer and start from scratch. Make two partitions, one for Windows Vista and one for Windows XP.

So nobody knows how to fix this virus from ENJOi?
I would, start fresh and keep anything leaked/suspicious off your computer....Its not a Virus from "ENJOi"....the beta you got wasnt a virus.
RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem by .MystiKal on 04-19-2006 at 10:07 PM

Ok, thanks.

Been wanting to do this for a while anyway. (Sorry for going off-topic here) Thing is, using my Partition Magic I cant create any partitions on my computer. Is it no compatible with Vista? Can I just insert the WIndows XP CD and start from there?

RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem by Dane on 04-19-2006 at 10:11 PM

Yes...just insert the XP or Vista CD and use the onscreen partitioning..

Thanks for coming to the Messenger Plus! Forums!

RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem by NeCroNo on 04-19-2006 at 10:21 PM

Im having the same problem, I signed up for Messenger Live and downloaded the latest build 8.0.0566 and I also installed Msg Plus (I dont remember the version but It was the one before the latest release) but there wasnt any compatibility at all neither crashes or errors, but just until yesterday I got a message from msg plus telling me that there was a new version and if I wanted to download it, so I clicked yes and Installed it, then the computer needed to restart so I restarted It, everything was going normal, I even signed in and started chatting, then I signed out and signed in later, that's when I had the problem, I clicked the signed In button and I got a message tellimg me that the service wasnt available at the moment, with the error code 80004005 and then it crashed my messenger, so i went nuts trying to fix this, i uninstalled and reinstalled a million times and nothing, then i went to mess.be and saw a new messenger live (LEAKED) the version is 8.0.0683.00_Branches, so i downloaded it and installed it, and everything went ok again, i signed in again and everything was ok, until I reinstalled msg plus, I got the same error again, so I tried to fix it again but i get no results, I've tried everything, the only thing that works right now is messenger 7.5, so i dont recommend you users of messenger live to install the latest release of msg plus, I guess it has serious compatibility issues with Live, the previous versions of plus were ok, I never get any problems or crashes with them on Live.

So if you find an answer to this problem please let us know, it hurts going back to 7.5 after using Live.

Thanks.

RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem by Patchou on 04-19-2006 at 10:30 PM

Both Messenger Plus! and Windows Live Messenger are beta products and in your situation, both versions you are using were not meant to be public either. That's what you get by installing this kind of software on your computer, sorry.

RE: RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem by .MystiKal on 04-19-2006 at 10:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Both Messenger Plus! and Windows Live Messenger are beta products and in your situation, both versions you are using were not meant to be public either. That's what you get by installing this kind of software on your computer, sorry.

Yeah, guess I deserved it. Thanks any guys/gals.
RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem by joemailey on 04-20-2006 at 01:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NeCroNo
Im having the same problem, I signed up for Messenger Live and downloaded the latest build 8.0.0566 and I also installed Msg Plus (I dont remember the version but It was the one before the latest release) but there wasnt any compatibility at all neither crashes or errors, but just until yesterday I got a message from msg plus telling me that there was a new version and if I wanted to download it, so I clicked yes and Installed it, then the computer needed to restart so I restarted It, everything was going normal, I even signed in and started chatting, then I signed out and signed in later, that's when I had the problem, I clicked the signed In button and I got a message tellimg me that the service wasnt available at the moment, with the error code 80004005 and then it crashed my messenger, so i went nuts trying to fix this, i uninstalled and reinstalled a million times and nothing, then i went to mess.be and saw a new messenger live (LEAKED) the version is 8.0.0683.00_Branches, so i downloaded it and installed it, and everything went ok again, i signed in again and everything was ok, until I reinstalled msg plus, I got the same error again, so I tried to fix it again but i get no results, I've tried everything, the only thing that works right now is messenger 7.5, so i dont recommend you users of messenger live to install the latest release of msg plus, I guess it has serious compatibility issues with Live, the previous versions of plus were ok, I never get any problems or crashes with them on Live.

So if you find an answer to this problem please let us know, it hurts going back to 7.5 after using Live.

Thanks.

Thats the reason why patchou doesn't make public beta's i guess muppets like him ruin it and bad name msg plus xD and he not suppose to have it :-|
RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem by NeCroNo on 04-23-2006 at 05:00 AM

Hey guys I found a way to fix my problem, Im not sure if is going to fix yours Mystikal but its worth the try, well all you have to do is go to "C:\Documents and Settings\(your session name)\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger" and delete all the folders inside that one, and that's it, now you can reinstall the latest version of Live Messenger and it should work;)(Y)