Shoutbox

Can MsgPlus! "see" invisible users? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Can MsgPlus! "see" invisible users? (/showthread.php?tid=58551)

Can MsgPlus! "see" invisible users? by mailinator on 04-21-2006 at 12:29 AM

hi

i dont use msg plus yet, but i'd like to know if the msgplus can "see" invisible users of the tradicional messenger

tks!

RE: INVISIBLE by Supersonicdarky on 04-21-2006 at 12:33 AM

1) dont use caps
2) no you cannot see users appearing offline
3) learn to spell long words ;)

RE: INVISIBLE by Chancer on 04-21-2006 at 12:42 AM

one thing related: with msgplus live can I chat with people if I'm shown as offline?

if no, will it be added?

RE: RE: INVISIBLE by Chris4 on 04-21-2006 at 12:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
one thing related: with msgplus live can I chat with people if I'm shown as offline?

if no, will it be added?

That is a Windows Live Messenger feature.

quote:
When your status is set to Appear Offline, you will still be able to see your contacts' status, and you can start a conversation with any of them. However, they will only be able to send you offline instant messages.
When you appear offline, you get this message in a conversation:

[Image: screenshot24yt.png]

Read more

RE: INVISIBLE by Chancer on 04-21-2006 at 12:51 AM

o.O

I never noticed it...
Thanx

RE: INVISIBLE by NiteMare on 04-21-2006 at 01:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
When you appear offline, you get this message in a conversation:

[Image: screenshot24yt.png]

Read more
in addition ot that, when you go to apper offline, your conversations are closed, which i think is stupid
RE: INVISIBLE by qgroessl on 04-21-2006 at 01:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
in addition ot that, when you go to apper offline, your conversations are closed, which i think is stupid

agreed... if you can still talk they shouldn't close your windows on you.... Microsoft.... the smartest dumb people i know.
RE: INVISIBLE by ~INVASION~ on 04-21-2006 at 05:15 AM

quote:

im sure there is a really good reson for that and its not all that big of a deal really, even if it closes you will still have plus! live and your logged chats to quickly catch up on what was said ;)
RE: Can MsgPlus! "see" invisible users? by Felu on 04-21-2006 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Crimcz
quote:
Originally posted by GHOST OF DA AGES
HI
I DONT USE MSG PLUS YET, BUT I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF THE MSGPLUS CAN "SEE" INVISIBLE USERS OF THE TRADICIONAL MESSENGER

I dont think anyone answered he's question. No you cant see users that are appearing offline unless they start a conversation with you.
1. Supersonicdarky already answered his question.
2. The question was not asked by me

RE: RE: INVISIBLE by Matti on 04-21-2006 at 03:43 PM

quote:

I think a good work-around for that is by using Messenger Plus!'s own /appearoffline command. It'll show a bar saying you can't send messages when you're status is offline, but by using StuffPlug-NG's talk-to-blocked-contacts feature, you can! ;) So it will act exactly the same as using the new Windows Live Messenger. :)
RE: Can MsgPlus! "see" invisible users? by Sunshine on 04-21-2006 at 03:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
I think a good work-around for that is by using Messenger Plus!'s own /appearoffline command. It'll show a bar saying you can't send messages when you're status is offline, but by using StuffPlug-NG's talk-to-blocked-contacts feature, you can! ;) So it will act exactly the same as using the new Windows Live Messenger. :)
No, that's a big yet common misunderstanding. With Stuffplug NG you can talk to contacts you have blocked. Contacts you've blocked will see you as offline. So even with that you can't talk in appear offline mode (your real status will still have to be one of the online ones).

But but wait a min..how did this thread get from seeing appear offline users to talking in appear offline? :mipdodgy: