Shoutbox

Help please (advertisement problem) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Help please (advertisement problem) (/showthread.php?tid=58560)

Help please (advertisement problem) by Sarah25 on 04-21-2006 at 06:02 AM

I love Messenger Plus so much I installed it on my work PC (we use Messenger to talk to our home workers) My boss however made us remove a lot of stuff with a recent clampdown and Msg Plus was told to go unfortunately. Although i've removed it I still have an advert which comes up as soon as I click on someones name in my contact list, regardless of wether I type anything to them or not. It says something along the lines of "I got my IM Names" etc etc   how do I remove this as i've been told to get rid and i've tried everything.

Thank you folks, hopefully you can help

RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by chuck_str on 04-21-2006 at 06:14 AM

if you run antispay ware it should take care of this problem

RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by Sarah25 on 04-21-2006 at 06:17 AM

Hi and thx for the reply. I've ran the latest versions of both SpyBot and Adaware and it doesn't remove it sadly

:-(

RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by dannychen on 04-21-2006 at 06:20 AM

just install plus without the sponsor programs. during setup select "i refuse to give support" and proceed.

RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by Sarah25 on 04-21-2006 at 06:24 AM

I don't want to install it, i've uninstalled it because i'm not allowed it

But the advert remains :-(

RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by Chris4 on 04-21-2006 at 06:50 AM

If you have uninstalled Messenger Plus! and the sponsor, the adverts that are appearing on your computer are not Messenger Plus! related.

I'd also reccomend doing an anti-virus search aswell.

RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by user27089 on 04-21-2006 at 07:13 AM

However, if you have used spyware/adware removal software, then it could've corrupted the uninstaller and it didn't uninstall correctly.

You can do all of this and easily justify it with your boss if he tells you off...

Download Messenger Plus! from shoutbox.menthix.net/download.php and install with the sponsor program. Reboot the computer, press alt+ctrl+del and close every instance of iexplore.exe that there is (this is the process for internet explorer), then go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove Messenger Plus! 3 and the sponsor software. If you reboot, it should now be gone.

If it is still there, then it isn't the plus! sponsor i'm afraid.

RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by Felu on 04-21-2006 at 09:27 AM

I may help u out with this. Cuz even me n my friends suffered from it. i found a cure for it.
1. Go to C: program files/im-names and delete all the files.
2. Three of them get deleted and 1(in-server) give an error that it is being used by someother person.
3. Press Alt+Ctrl+Del.
4. Task manager opens up.
5. There go to the process tab.(if u dunt find it see points 6 n 7)
6. Right click on any program.(only for point 5)
7. Chose go to process.(only for point 5)
8. Locate the im-server process.
9. Right click on it.
10. Click on end process tree and not end process.
11. Then go and delete the file.
12. Restart messenger.

I hope ur problem is solved.
For any further assistance pm me.
And this had nothing to do with msg+.

RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by Eddie on 04-21-2006 at 10:25 AM

A Good Virus Scanner Click Here

^^^ :):) A good virus scanner also can scan spyware last time i checked :)

RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by Felu on 04-21-2006 at 11:55 AM

To tell u the truth a virus scanner can stop a  virus when it enters ur computer, not when its already there!!! And specially for this cause use the help posted in my previous post.

RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by Sunshine on 04-21-2006 at 12:25 PM

This indeed has nothing to do with Msg Plus! as Ghost already said...however he's giving a longer solution than needed (kill process first not: delete, kill process, delete).

So:
- open Windows Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del)
- click on Processes
- look for something called 'IM-svr.exe' rightclick on it and end the process
- go to the program files folder and delete IM-names folder

RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by Felu on 04-21-2006 at 12:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
This indeed has nothing to do with Msg Plus! as Ghost already said...however he's giving a longer solution than needed (kill process first not: delete, kill process, delete).

So:
- open Windows Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del)
- click on Processes
- look for something called 'IM-svr.exe' rightclick on it and end the process
- go to the program files folder and delete IM-names folder
Yeah Sunshine!
I know it was a real long process. I actually was busy with some other work so it slipped out of my mind.
AND NOTE- You dunt have to end process you have to end process tree as i said earlier.
And in some computer there is no process tab so the points 6 n 7 in first post would help.

RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by matty on 04-21-2006 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GHOST OF DA AGES
6. Right click on any program.(only for point 5)
7. Chose go to process.(only for point 5)

Or simply doubleclick the border between the red :$

[Image: attachment.php?pid=637428]
RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by Felu on 04-21-2006 at 02:32 PM

Ur right matty. But this border is not available in all task manager. Every computer has an altogether diffrent task manager(atleast thats what i have noticed).

RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by welshboy222 on 04-26-2006 at 10:59 AM

where the process tree on task manager?

RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by Felu on 04-26-2006 at 11:01 AM

When u right click on im-server.exe, there come 5 options. End process tree is under End process.

RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by welshboy222 on 04-29-2006 at 08:49 AM

If I ended the process tree would it still come back?

RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by Felu on 04-29-2006 at 12:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by welshboy222
If I ended the process tree would it still come back?
No it wont. I bet u.
RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by welshboy222 on 04-29-2006 at 03:02 PM

sorry it say this its the truth it came back I ended the process tree it went for about 3 days but now its back I ended it again but it will come back plz help!

RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by Felu on 04-29-2006 at 04:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by welshboy222
sorry it say this its the truth it came back I ended the process tree it went for about 3 days but now its back I ended it again but it will come back plz help!
Did u delete the file after ending the process tree? If, no then end process tree and the go to Progran Files/Im-Names and delete the folder.

If this does not help add me at Msn ghost_of_da_ages@hotmail.com
RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by matty on 04-29-2006 at 06:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GHOST OF DA AGES
Ur right matty. But this border is not available in all task manager. Every computer has an altogether diffrent task manager(atleast thats what i have noticed).
Ummm no just for the record they don't. Task Manager varies depending on the OS and the Users permissions not on the Computer. In Windows 98/ME it simply showed running programs not all processes. The Task Manager was introduced in NT (if I am not mistaken) or Windows 2000 atleast. The Task Manager can be a borderless window by doubleclicking the border itself and vice versa.
RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by welshboy222 on 04-29-2006 at 07:49 PM

I found three main files one was a PF file, one was a file which I couldnt delete and the other was a folder which contained three others shold I try and delete them all and what about the file I cant delete?

RE: Help please (advertisement problem) by koolkid95 on 05-31-2007 at 12:49 AM

whoops... i went to ctrl+alt+del but i accidently ended thu process instead of ending the process tree.... does anyone knows what happens ..  ??