Shoutbox

Silent Hill - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Silent Hill (/showthread.php?tid=58566)

Silent Hill by Dane on 04-21-2006 at 08:15 AM

NOW PLAYING!
Internet Movie Database (IMDb) entry for "Silent Hill"

quote:
Originally posted by IMDb
Rose cannot accept the knowledge that her daughter Sharon is dying of a fatal disease. Over the protests of her husband, she flees with her child, intending to take the girl to a faith healer. On the way, she ends up driving through a portal in reality, which takes her to the eerie and deserted town of Silent Hill. Sharon disappears in Silent Hill, and Rose follows what she thinks is her daughter's silhouette all over town. It's soon clear the town is not like any place she's ever been. It's inhabited by a variety of creatures and a living darkness that descends and literally transforms everything it touches. The human inhabitants - the ones who are left - are trapped and fighting a losing battle against the Darkness. Joined by a cop named Cybil, who has been sent to bring her and Sharon back, Rose searches for her little girl while learning the history of Silent Hill and that Sharon is just a pawn in a larger game. To save her daughter, Rose makes a deal with a demon in the form of a little girl.....

OMG, Im going to go see it in 15 hours, im so excited.  Is anyone else excited to go see this one?!?  Hopefully it wont be a bust like most films based on videogames...the videogame company was working directly with producers on this one though.
RE: Silent Hill by Fuzzles on 04-21-2006 at 08:27 AM

sounds good, tell me what it is like.

Silent hill is different... the game was made before the movie:p

Example Spiderman was a movie before the game...

Have Fun! :P:P:P-----------Tell me if it's worth seeing

RE: Silent Hill by JadeRovo on 04-21-2006 at 09:52 AM

yeah if it is good pm me if i am online. i played the game its alright but the film looks really good:d

RE: Silent Hill by Reaper on 04-21-2006 at 11:14 AM

i so badly want to see this movie. im a huge fan of the games.

RE: Silent Hill by user27089 on 04-21-2006 at 07:07 PM

I can't wait until this film is released in England...

I am going to try and get in to see it but I doubt I will... From what i've read/seen/heard so far apparently it's just like the games... I'm really excited to see pyramid head (6)

Silent Hill: No Escape is a film made by a fan of Silent Hill, it isn't an official film, but it looks surprisingly good... You should check out the trailers :|

RE: Silent Hill by Negro_Joe on 04-21-2006 at 07:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kobol
she flees with her child, intending to take the girl to a faith healer

in the trailer it says she has been sleeptalking about silent hill or something...:S

RE: Silent Hill by user27089 on 04-21-2006 at 07:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by storyline from official site
The eerie and deserted town of SILENT HILL draws a young mother desperate to find a cure for her only childs illness. Unable to accept the doctors diagnosis that her daughter should be permanently insitutionalized for psychiatric care, Rose (Redha Mitchel) flees with her child, heading for the abandoned town in search of answers - and ignoring the protests of her husband (Sean Bean).
It's soon clear this place is unlike anywhere she's ever been. It's smothered by fog, inhabited by a variety of strange beings and periodically overcome by a living Darkness that literally transforms everything it touches.
As Rose searches for her little girl, she begins to learn the history of the strange town and realises that her daughter is just a pawn in a larger game.

RE: Silent Hill by Reaper on 04-21-2006 at 09:03 PM

Sean Bean ftfw!

RE: Silent Hill by Chrono on 04-21-2006 at 09:08 PM

most movies based on videogames are crap :P

i love the silent hill series, but i doubt that this movie will be any good :P (i'll probably watch it too anyway :P)

RE: Silent Hill by user27089 on 04-21-2006 at 09:11 PM

Chrono, from what I've seen/read the film follows everything about the movie to the absolute. According to every review that I have read, and all people i've spoken to about this, it was one of the best game movies they've ever seen in their life...

Honestly it looks like a brilliantly made movie and also, seems like one that's eery as fuck... :p

For some reason about a month ago, me and joe went through a weekend of downloading every single silent hill game... still playing through them and they're some of the best games i've ever played :p.

RE: Silent Hill by Reaper on 04-21-2006 at 09:15 PM

I think number 4 is the best one. Great story and gameplay

RE: Silent Hill by user27089 on 04-21-2006 at 09:19 PM

Yeah I haven't really played Silent hill that much, I kept pressing escape and it closed the emulator, which really pissed me off...

I've completed Silent Hill 2 (the extended one with born from a wish on) and I'm on the final parts of Silent Hill 4, where you go back to all of the places again... Silent Hill 4 probably has one of the best storylines from the lot of them, I like how the storyline slowly progresses and goes from something that seems simple into something really complicated. I've played Silent Hill 3 for a few hours and it's really good... Silent Hill 4 is definitely this best one so far, the first person bit is a bit gay sometimes though, cause the textures in The Room are absolutely crap :p.

RE: Silent Hill by Chrono on 04-21-2006 at 09:20 PM

silent hill 1 is the best one (except for the graphics of course, but doesnt really matter :P).

RE: Silent Hill by Reaper on 04-21-2006 at 09:21 PM

yeh the first person is all that but at least its only for the apartment. The zombies dont die either :|. I bought Silent Hill 2 aswell for £10. its a classic one so i thought, what the hell

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
silent hill 1 is the best one (except for the graphics of course, but doesnt really matter :P).
the only one i havnt played
RE: Silent Hill by Dane on 04-22-2006 at 03:53 AM

omg, everyone go see it, it is so cool!  Edge of your seat Thriller...

RE: Silent Hill by Cloud Strife on 04-22-2006 at 06:34 AM

is not fair, the movie is not yet here in mexico :(

RE: Silent Hill by RebelSean on 04-22-2006 at 03:45 PM

I can't wait till it comes to theater down here in Tennessee. For sure gonna see it, looks awesome xD.

RE: Silent Hill by Negro_Joe on 04-22-2006 at 04:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Condemned
Silent Hill 4 is definitely this best one so far, the first person bit is a bit gay sometimes though, cause the textures in The Room are absolutely crap

silent hill 4 is the worst one :O its nothing like the other ones and sacrifices the story and the whole scary aspect of the predecessors for more action oriented gameplay where the whole scary and unseetling idea was one of the most important, the whole room aspect is a bit rubbish and its pretty repetitive, and all the creature desigsn have been taken too far, and have lost all significance...

Silent hill 2 is by far the best one, it retains the whole eery setting throughout, and isnt intereuppetd by having to return to a room, the graphics are excellent for a 2001 game and the story is much better then 4th, the first section of the 4th one put me off and i havnt played it since...

the 1st one also retains its quality even now 7 years after its release I have it on the pc and it is a whole lot scarier then the 4th one, the story is excellent and the continuation of this story in the third is very well done, the only criticsm i would have of this si that the 3rd is very confusing if the player has not completed the first game...
RE: Silent Hill by teddytim on 04-22-2006 at 04:48 PM

Saw the movie last night... really good but i didnt really like the ending

RE: Silent Hill by user27089 on 04-22-2006 at 04:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
quote:
Silent Hill 4 is definitely this best one so far, the first person bit is a bit gay sometimes though, cause the textures in The Room are absolutely crap

silent hill 4 is the worst one :O its nothing like the other ones and sacrifices the story and the whole scary aspect of the predecessors for more action oriented gameplay where the whole scary and unseetling idea was one of the most important, the whole room aspect is a bit rubbish and its pretty repetitive, and all the creature desigsn have been taken too far, and have lost all significance...

Silent hill 2 is by far the best one, it retains the whole eery setting throughout, and isnt intereuppetd by having to return to a room, the graphics are excellent for a 2001 game and the story is much better then 4th, the first section of the 4th one put me off and i havnt played it since...

the 1st one also retains its quality even now 7 years after its release I have it on the pc and it is a whole lot scarier then the 4th one, the story is excellent and the continuation of this story in the third is very well done, the only criticsm i would have of this si that the 3rd is very confusing if the player has not completed the first game...

How does it sacrifice the story? It doesn't sacrifice anything, the gameplay is still amazing on The Room and the storyline is fucking awesome... I think the idea of being locked inside your room one day pretty fucked up... How everything is slowly linking in to you and your surroundings is amazing and the storyline is just plain fucked up... It isn't as scary as the others, but it is still really eery... You've hardly played it, you wouldn't know. Like you said, you played the start and it put you off... The start bit in the subway is the worst bit, once you get into the forest and stuff the game is actually amazing... especially once the storyline starts to unfold. There hasn't been 10 minutes where the game has been "repetetive", every world you go to something new is found out, so everytime you get into your apartment you just want to keep on playing to see what's going to happen next and what the monsters will be like... The creature designs are amazing in this one, some of them are just completely fucked up and are creepy, others are just a bit annoying (same as in all games though :-/)... If you play it, you'll realise that the creatures that are in the game are actually significant to what is going on (such as the creatures with the 2 heads and massive arms)... They're children in the orphanage that have been affected by the goings on of where they're staying... The ghosts are people that have been affected by the Walter person who killed all of those people... I can go on. You hardly ever have to go back to the room, and when you do, it's only for about 5 minutes, and when you have to stay there it's usually for a cut scene where you find something out about the storyline.

I don't get how you can have an opinion on something that you haven't even played thoroughly, the fact that you don't know the story at the start of the game is the whole point... It's puts you in the situation of the character, who knows as much as you do... fuck all...

Your post is absolute bollocks.
RE: Silent Hill by Negro_Joe on 04-22-2006 at 11:55 PM

quote:
Your post is absolute bollocks.

never knew you could bum a game that much...:lol:

:pound:

and tbh silent hill name was just an afterthought, the only reason it is silent hill game is because Konami thought a new franchise was too risky...

the original 3 games are by far better in every aspect (bar graphics in the 1st one :P) and if anyone had/has played all 3 will probably think the same...=/

IGN film review 2 and a half *
RE: Silent Hill by user27089 on 04-23-2006 at 09:27 AM

quote:
never knew you could bum a game that much...

If I would've said something that you disagreed with, you would've called it all bollocks too.

quote:
and tbh silent hill name was just an afterthought, the only reason it is silent hill game is because Konami thought a new franchise was too risky...

Where did you get that from. The reason it's a silent hill game is because all of the stuff around him and the people is related to silent hill... The further you get into the game, the more you find out how it's related to silent hill...

Also the worlds that you're going to are in Silent Hill...
RE: Silent Hill by Fuzzles on 04-23-2006 at 09:36 AM

Silent hill should be made on ps2

by the way chrono nice sig :P

RE: Silent Hill by Negro_Joe on 04-23-2006 at 10:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Where did you get that from. The reason it's a silent hill game is because all of the stuff around him and the people is related to silent hill... The further you get into the game, the more you find out how it's related to silent hill...

Somewhere in there
RE: Silent Hill by user27089 on 04-23-2006 at 10:23 AM

I've played all of them quite a bit now, and Silent hill 4 is still definitely one of the best, along with Silent Hill 2... Like I said originally :chrongue:

RE: Silent Hill by user27089 on 05-28-2006 at 12:30 AM

Sorry for the double post but:

I've just watched the film earlier today and it was absolutely amazing!!! I will have to watch it again when it comes out on dvd though because the quality of the sound wasn't exactly amazing (I could still hear everything okay though, so it's all good...)

Everything to do with the film is basically exact :|. Even in the school all of the set and everything is set up how it is in Silent Hill (the game).

I am definitely going to buy this film when it comes out on DVD in England.

RE: Silent Hill by Chrono on 05-28-2006 at 12:47 AM

i wanna watch it :|

i've been playing Silent Hill 4 nd i must say that it's pretty good (Y) The cool graphics help quite a bit, it can be really scary if you play it homealone at night :lol:

RE: Silent Hill by kao on 05-29-2006 at 11:17 AM

i saw the film when it first hit cinemas, pretty good film =p

RE: Silent Hill by ~INVASION~ on 05-29-2006 at 01:09 PM

went to opening night of this film also (i'm an opening night whore)

i thoujght the movie was awesome and loved the gore, when everything finally comes to the end you feel how you wouldnt of expected feeling going into it, very good move by the makers :)