Shoutbox

MSN Signing IN & OUT Constantly - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Signing IN & OUT Constantly (/showthread.php?tid=58594)

MSN Signing IN & OUT Constantly by butmunch on 04-21-2006 at 09:26 PM

I've had this problem for months now..
MSN just randomly signs me out in the middle of convos, and then has a little countdown for like 50seconds and then tries to RE-sign in. The problem is that it does this continuously.. whether Im home or not home..

Im running MSN version 7.5 .0324
and MsgPlus 3.63 .148

-newest versions

This problem used to happen before these versions though, and it still happens as of today. Im connected through a router, and Ive been told that this might be a cause for the problem, but Im not sure as to why/how and if that is true.

Does anyone have similar experiences/methods to go about solving this? It really pisses me off by now lol

RE: MSN Signing IN & OUT Constantly by Reaper on 04-21-2006 at 09:28 PM

Its most likely a problem with the MSN servers. Nothing wrong in your part and there is nothing you can do except wait for the problems to be resolved

RE: MSN Signing IN & OUT Constantly by butmunch on 04-21-2006 at 10:05 PM

This has been happening for months though, and I dont notice the same effects on any of my other contacts..

so if its a server problem, or anything MSN related and doesnt have to do with me specifically, shouldnt everyone be experiencing the same shit I am?

RE: MSN Signing IN & OUT Constantly by Voldemort on 04-21-2006 at 11:50 PM

Hmmm.... couldnt it be connection problems with your ISP?
I have this small program that i cant remember the name of that tells you when your connection break, or has problems, I cannot tell you its name because i am not at home at the mo, but give me until tuesday and i will post it....

RE: MSN Signing IN & OUT Constantly by Crede on 04-22-2006 at 01:58 AM

Yeah thats been happening to me recently too...but I think it's because I got the new stupid router installed...

EDIT: I've just reread your post and yeah, I'm pretty sure its because of the router....because I never had this problem until I got my router...you can always try getting a better router...the ones with 2 antennas and fastboost and whatnot...but I can be wrong..

MSN CANNOT SIGN IN! by butmunch on 04-22-2006 at 05:41 PM

I'm running the latest versions of both MSN Messenger and MsgPlus, and in the past couple of days when I attempt to sign in, a popup msg comes up saying:

"Messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

There is an option to click "View Error", and when I do it says the following:

Error Signature:
AppName: msnmsgr.exe     AppVer: 7.5.324.0     ModName: msvcrt.dll
ModVer: 7.0.2600.1106     Offset: 00032f43

After I click Send/Dont Send Error report to Microsoft, MSN closes and I cant sign in! Does anyone know why this happens? How to fix it?

RE: MSN CANNOT SIGN IN! by matty on 04-22-2006 at 05:45 PM

You don't need to make a duplicate thread for the same issue.

You originally posted MSN Signing IN & OUT Constantly

Uninstall Messenger Plus! and MSN messenger. Download and install the latest public version of MSN Messenger and try to sign in. Are you successful?

If so Install Messenger Plus! (from http://msgplus.net) and attempt to sign in.

RE: RE: MSN CANNOT SIGN IN! by butmunch on 04-22-2006 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
You don't need to make a duplicate thread for the same issue.

You originally posted MSN Signing IN & OUT Constantly

I know I dont need to make another thread about the same issue - but this is a different issue than the other one I am having.

Issue #1 - MSN simply doesn not sign in. It gives the error above.
Issue #2 - When it does sign in, it continuously signs me back out, and attempts to reconnect, several times.

MSN not signing in, could be a server problem, and not mine.
Reconnecting me, however, is most likely my problem. I dont really care which is which, I just wanna how to fix this because its been getting really frustrating!
RE: MSN Signing IN & OUT Constantly by butmunch on 04-23-2006 at 03:30 PM

I tried removing MSN and MsgPlus, and once I re-installed only MSN Messenger, the same problem kept happening. It gives an error msg like the one I inserted above, and says that MSN must close.

Is anyone else having trouble signing in? And if not, why is this happening?

RE: MSN Signing IN & OUT Constantly by skalra63 on 04-26-2006 at 12:28 AM

im having the same problem. it only started today when i reinstalled messenger. its constantly signing me out. it has been fine using the same router for 8 months.

RE: MSN Signing IN & OUT Constantly by butmunch on 05-01-2006 at 02:18 PM

Is there noone that can suggest anything... ?

RE: MSN Signing IN & OUT Constantly by skalra63 on 05-01-2006 at 05:56 PM

are you using Zone Alarm firewall? i found that even though it was configured correctly, messenger still would keep signing out. this happened until i uninstalled Zone Alarm and installed Kerio.

i tested again, just to be sure, by uninstalling Kerio and installing Zone Alarm; the problem came back. until i changed cack to Kerio.