Shoutbox

Signing-in as 'Away Idle' - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' (/showthread.php?tid=58602)

Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by philsamsharp on 04-22-2006 at 01:11 AM

I've noticed somethin funny with a few of my contacts..... if someone can enlighten me as to why this is happening it'll be great.

These contacts sometimes sign-in as 'Away Idle', and then after a minute or two change their status to 'Online'.

I know for a fact that these people did not previously sign out due to a connection problem or other reason which made msn sign out automatically (cuz i know that if this happens while the contact is at 'Away Idle' status, he/she will sign back in as 'Away Idle' when the connection is back and msn signs in automatically again).

Since you can't select 'sign-in as Away Idle' I'm really confused as to why this is happening....

cheers

RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by dannychen on 04-22-2006 at 03:23 AM

the are using apatch?

RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by ins4ne on 04-22-2006 at 03:37 AM

i know that poblem/bug/or something else... i had that a few times when i signed in i was "offline" but ichatted with my contacts who told to me i was not online... a few minutes later i was online...

RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by philsamsharp on 04-23-2006 at 03:04 PM

No, I don't think the users concerned use a patch.

RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by Felu on 04-23-2006 at 03:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by philsamsharp
I've noticed somethin funny with a few of my contacts..... if someone can enlighten me as to why this is happening it'll be great.

These contacts sometimes sign-in as 'Away Idle', and then after a minute or two change their status to 'Online'.

I know for a fact that these people did not previously sign out due to a connection problem or other reason which made msn sign out automatically (cuz i know that if this happens while the contact is at 'Away Idle' status, he/she will sign back in as 'Away Idle' when the connection is back and msn signs in automatically again).

Since you can't select 'sign-in as Away Idle' I'm really confused as to why this is happening....

cheers
This is simple, if u use ur brains.
If u appear offline and leave ur computer for 5 mins ur status automaticly chages to away/idle(as per ur preference).
RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by Reaper on 04-23-2006 at 03:12 PM

Actually, this could be a problem with the servers, although it may easily be a bug

RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by Felu on 04-23-2006 at 03:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
Actually, this could be a problem with the servers, although it may easily be a bug
I don't think it could be a problem with server cuz even i left my computer idle while appearing offline. When I came back my status was 'Idle'
RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by Reaper on 04-23-2006 at 03:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GHOST OF DA AGES
quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
I don't think it could be a problem with server cuz even i left my computer idle while appearing offline. When I came back my status was 'Idle'
Exactly.
RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by philsamsharp on 04-26-2006 at 01:49 PM

in relation to my original queston I don't think it's a case of the user having set 'appear offline' and then switching back later on.

RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by Felu on 04-26-2006 at 01:51 PM

quote:
in relation to my original queston I don't think it's a case of the user having set 'appear offline' and then switching back later on.
Thats the only way 1 may sign in as idle.
RE: RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by adam.yao on 04-26-2006 at 02:38 PM

quote:
quote:

cheers
This is simple, if u use ur brains.
If u appear offline and leave ur computer for 5 mins ur status automaticly chages to away/idle(as per ur preference).

really? that is not happenen on me
RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by Felu on 04-26-2006 at 02:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adam.yao
leave ur computer idle for 5 mins n see ur self. But 1st check if the away/idle option is ticked or not.
RE: RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by ins4ne on 04-26-2006 at 02:47 PM

quote:
leave ur computer idle for 5 mins n see ur self. But 1st check if the away/idle option is ticked or not.

5mins?? msg standard is 10 mins if its ticked if i can remember right....
RE: RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by adam.yao on 04-26-2006 at 02:53 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by adam.yao

I mess.patch my msn, and i haven't found the condition as you said. I promised idle/away is checked.
RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by ~*McoreD*~ on 04-29-2006 at 05:17 AM

Okay, I have Show me Away when I'm inactive for 1 minute. I appeared offline for more than 1 minute, but my status didn't change to "Away/Idle" (as I expected).

RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by Felu on 04-29-2006 at 05:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~*McoreD*~
Okay, I have Show me Away when I'm inactive for 1 minute. I appeared offline for more than 1 minute, but my status didn't change to "Away/Idle" (as I expected).
But did u touch ur keyboard/mouse? Just leave your computer for 1 minute.

RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by -dt- on 04-29-2006 at 05:26 AM

quote:
quote:
:-/ what would be the logic in being offline and then going idle.... it would defeat one of the purposes of being offline since it would effectly make you sign in.
This doesnt work for me and I didnt expect it to :P
RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by Felu on 04-29-2006 at 05:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
quote:
quote:
:-/ what would be the logic in being offline and then going idle.... it would defeat one of the purposes of being offline since it would effectly make you sign in.
This doesnt work for me and I didnt expect it to :P
I posted this because people were just thinking how did that happen. Infact it is of no use.
RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by ~*McoreD*~ on 04-29-2006 at 02:03 PM

GHOST OF DA AGES, I did not touch the computer for 1 minute. Actually I went for lunch. When I came back it was still Offline. :)

Is this supposed to be a bug in a specific version?

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 7.5.0324
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.63.0148

Cheers,
McoreD

RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by Felu on 04-29-2006 at 04:35 PM

Are you sure that the away/idle option was ticked.

If it still not happens-
Add me at msn ghost_of da_ages@hotmail.com

RE: Signing-in as 'Away Idle' by andrewdodd13 on 04-29-2006 at 07:57 PM

It could possibly be a bug, if what I gather is:- "Users are being offline then signing in as idle."
Possibly the status signal sent to the server sets your status as "Idle" instead of "Away" when you choose "Away" as your sign in status, owing to the fact that the developers only intended the user to see "Away".