Shoutbox

The "Last New Chat" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: The "Last New Chat" (/showthread.php?tid=58608)

The "Last New Chat" by Crede on 04-22-2006 at 04:51 AM

When you view contact information, theres the "Last New Chat" function..but I dont get what the time stands for (i.e 4 hours and 22 min ago)..does that mean the last new chat they had with anybody or just you? (I've figured its anybody..) and how come if you do contact info on yourself, it says something ridiculous like 3 days and 13 hours ago....I tried to understand this function, but I just dont get it..cant anyone explain this to me? sorry If I sound dumb...:S

Thanks!

RE: The "Last New Chat" by qgroessl on 04-22-2006 at 04:59 AM

the "4 hours 22 minutes ago" is the last time a chat between you and the contact had...  I'm not sure how it makes a number for yourself... And I don't actually believe them very much... I always think mine are wrong... but I dunno.

RE: The "Last New Chat" by ddunk on 04-22-2006 at 05:00 AM

Because you can't start a new chat with yourself, the time listed in your contact info of yourself will always be the highest possible number (the amount of time ever since you installed Plus!)

RE: The "Last New Chat" by Crede on 04-23-2006 at 01:36 AM

but if it is the time that I had last chat with them, its all wrong...for example, i havent talked to this kid for 2 days and it said something like 5 hours ago...blah...ill just ignore this feature..|-)

RE: The "Last New Chat" by Chrono on 04-23-2006 at 01:46 AM

it tells you the last time you openened a conversation window with your contact, not exactly the last time you talked to him.
You might have opened the window and then closed it

RE: RE: The "Last New Chat" by Crede on 04-23-2006 at 03:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
it tells you the last time you openened a conversation window with your contact, not exactly the last time you talked to him.
You might have opened the window and then closed it

Oh I see...now I get everything...but thats kind of dumb to me though...:S
RE: The "Last New Chat" by Chrono on 04-23-2006 at 05:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Crede
Oh I see...now I get everything...but thats kind of dumb to me though...
i guess that's the best way it can be done :p