Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Live - process? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! Live - process? (/showthread.php?tid=58620)

Messenger Plus! Live - process? by jcerna1 on 04-22-2006 at 02:50 PM

Hi!

I'm testing the new Messenger Plus Live for Messenger Live 8.0. I have 1 question: Is there any process that must be running so Plus! can work? When I install Plus!, it doens't work until I restart computer. But later, it suddendly disappears and I have to reinstall it and reboot my comp.

On the other hand, works fine by my friend.

Sincerly,

Jurij

RE: Messenger Plus! Live - process? by tony on 04-22-2006 at 02:52 PM

You should use Messenger Plus Live as you arent a beta tester. :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live - process? by user27089 on 04-22-2006 at 02:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tony
You should use Messenger Plus Live as you arent a beta tester. :)

What he means is that you should not be using Messenger Plus! Live as you aren't an official beta tester. So even if you say you're a tester, we all know perfectly well that you aren't.

Messenger Plus! Live requires no processes to run whatsoever for it to work.
Messenger Plus! Live - process? #2 by jcerna1 on 04-22-2006 at 03:50 PM

To hell with u guys! I'm not official tester, I've said that! I just need solution for my problem: why plus keeps crashing?

As I am working for support for Gorenje d.d. in Slovenia, I just NEED Messenger Plus!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live - process? #2 by Chris4 on 04-22-2006 at 03:53 PM

When does the crash happen? What are you doing? Is it random? When you start MSN Messenger? When you open a conversation?

You have to give more details.

Have you looked/searched through the Bug Reports forum?

Edit: Wait.. your using Messenger Plus! Live? If so, your not going to get any help here, because your not a beta tester. If you want to use Plus!, downgrade to MSN Messenger 7.5 and download Messenger Plus!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live - process? #2 by Nathan on 04-22-2006 at 03:54 PM

The leaked version of MSG plus Live! is full of bugs and errors so thats why everyone reccomends not using the leaked version ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live - process? #2 by absorbation on 04-22-2006 at 04:02 PM

Like said Plus! has requirements for certain manchines, and yes chrashes are in the leaked beta. So we suggest using the offical release. We can't provide support because we can't leak information ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live - process? by Mnjul on 04-22-2006 at 04:20 PM

We do not currently provide any support for Messenger Plus! Live, which is in closed beta testing stage. You are not an official tester of Plus! Live, so there is no reason you can be using the leaked beta of it - Please uninstall it now. If your friend is not an official tester of Plus! Live, you should tell him to uninstall too. As is your experience, the beta Plus! Live is unstable and contains bugs, and it's not worth you getting baffled by it.

If you can't live without Plus! when using Messenger, you'd probably want to uninstall Windows Live Messenger 8.0 and go back to old MSN Messenger 7.5, which there is an official Messenger Plus! 3.63.148 supports. Or you have to wait for the official final release of Messenger Plus! Live, sorry. :)