Shoutbox

StuffPlug Close Notifier - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: StuffPlug Close Notifier (/showthread.php?tid=58696)

StuffPlug Close Notifier by XMizer on 04-24-2006 at 08:01 AM

I read that the Close Notifier doesn't work perfectly.

I heard if the users are inactive, it will say the "(other person) has left the conversation."  Is that true?  If it is, how come it sometimes show that and sometimes doesn't?

One time I messaged my friend but he was sleeping, so basically the conversation was inactive, but it didn't say he left the conversation.

RE: StuffPlug Close Notifier by lordy on 04-24-2006 at 08:04 AM

Yes, it is true.
more info can be found

http://www.stuffplug.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=297

there

RE: StuffPlug Close Notifier by XMizer on 04-25-2006 at 12:42 AM

Yeah, I just read that.

But what I want to know is that if an idle conversation passes 1 minute, does it ALWAYS show that the other person left the converesation, or only sometimes?

RE: StuffPlug Close Notifier by MattyRid on 04-25-2006 at 01:24 AM

Yes, even if an idle conversation passes 1 minute, it may show that the person has left the conversation as it relates to the how the MSN Protocol works. This has happened to me on a number of occasions and unfortunately there is not much that can be done about it.

RE: StuffPlug Close Notifier by XMizer on 04-25-2006 at 01:47 AM

But does it always happen??

Because there are numerous occassions as well where the conversation goes idle for more than 1 minute but the message "left the conversation" doesn't show up.

If it sometimes happen and sometimes don't....why is that?

RE: StuffPlug Close Notifier by qgroessl on 04-25-2006 at 01:49 AM

The contact could be fiddling around in the conversation window... like, typing something then deleting it... or he could be looking atyour contact card or anything that would keep the connection open.

RE: StuffPlug Close Notifier by XMizer on 04-25-2006 at 02:12 AM

Well my friend isn't fiddling around.

Messenger Plus says his status is on Away (idle) for more than an our now.  So if he was fiddling around, he would automatically go on ONLINE status.

Any other explanations as to why it didn't show "left the conversation?"

RE: StuffPlug Close Notifier by XMizer on 04-26-2006 at 03:55 AM

Bump

RE: StuffPlug Close Notifier by Grue on 04-26-2006 at 06:03 AM

If the contact you are trying to speak to is not at their computer and do not activate the conversation window with you then the connection was not really open so, therefore, can not be closed.

In other words he has to activate the conversation window after you send your first message before stuff plug will give you the false positive that he closed the conversation window after inactivity. So if you sent the message and then he activated the window and then left or didn't answer, then it would say that he "left the conversation" about 1 minute later.

I believe that is how it works. I hope you understand what I mean.

RE: StuffPlug Close Notifier by XMizer on 04-26-2006 at 06:16 AM

Yes but there is ALSO the incidence when my friend was Away (idle) and he stayed idle but when I left him a message it said "left the conversation.

RE: RE: StuffPlug Close Notifier by MattyRid on 04-26-2006 at 06:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by XMizer
Yes but there is ALSO the incidence when my friend was Away (idle) and he stayed idle but when I left him a message it said "left the conversation.

As I said earlier, it depends on the protocol. So the connection is this,  Whatever the protocol sends to the server is then relayed back to the client (you). So even if it is a few seconds after you contact does go Idle it may bring up the close window message. Remember with the MSN protocol and the way it is set up it will NEVER be 100% accurate so can we please drop it as I can just see this thread going in circles.
RE: StuffPlug Close Notifier by XMizer on 04-26-2006 at 07:30 AM

I'm a noob sorry....what's a protocol

RE: StuffPlug Close Notifier by MattyRid on 04-26-2006 at 07:33 AM

Google is your friend..click here to find out more