Shoutbox

Audio Skipping/Stuttering - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Audio Skipping/Stuttering (/showthread.php?tid=58763)

Audio Skipping/Stuttering by Pyroteq on 04-26-2006 at 04:39 AM

In the last few days i have begun to experince skipping of audio tracks, but only in Itunes, the songs work fine in any other media player and my Ipod.
The skipping is accompanied by a CPU Spike ranging from 20%-90% and only occurs when Bitcomet is open.
I have no idea what the problem could be, does anyone have any ideas? Ive always used these programs together and its only just begun to happen..

Windows XP Pro (With SP2)
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (Latest Drivers)
Itunes 6.0.4.2 (Latest)
Bitcomet 0.64 (Latest)

RE: Audio Skipping/Stuttering by rav0 on 04-26-2006 at 11:08 AM

It could be that BitComet is reading/writing a large amount of data, and choking iTunes in the process.

RE: Audio Skipping/Stuttering by RaceProUK on 04-26-2006 at 04:31 PM

Intruiging... I very occasionally get jumpy performance at unpredictable times across the entire system. I haven't been able to track it to a particular process, but the CPU usage spikes are present. Each 'freeze' coincides with a spike.

RE: Audio Skipping/Stuttering by Pyroteq on 04-27-2006 at 01:00 AM

rav0 - your probly right, the only thing im downloading right now is 4.18gig (Oblivion) which is quite large, i guess i will have to wait and see when i complete it, if its still occuring..

Raceprouk- Try recording each time it happens, look for the pattern.. the programs open and the spike. Thats what i did, at first i thought it was itunes.. then the drivers, then  i noticed it was only when bitcomet was open.... and then i noticed the spike.

RE: Audio Skipping/Stuttering by RaceProUK on 04-27-2006 at 06:23 PM

I'll have to try that then, but it happens so rarely.

RE: Audio Skipping/Stuttering by Ezra on 04-27-2006 at 07:03 PM

I'm using Multiplugin for iTunes, because that can pass the music on to foobar, a much better music player.

You should try it, foobar has DirectSound capabilities and stuff. Sounds really good :-)

RE: Audio Skipping/Stuttering by Pyroteq on 04-28-2006 at 02:36 PM

Iv'e used foobar before, i just had to switch to Itunes due to having an Ipod.. so your saying i can browse in itunes and it passes it onto foobar?