Shoutbox

You know a program has issues when.... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: You know a program has issues when.... (/showthread.php?tid=58765)

You know a program has issues when.... by DouglasC on 04-26-2006 at 05:39 AM

It verifys it is not being uninstalled by a script!  I have had plenty of crap/spyware/malware on my computer before but not until my gf installed Messenger Plus! 3 did I see one that so KNEW it was crap/spyware/malware that it has to verify the uninstall! 

I hope this program does end up dieing because all the Anti-spyware programs catch on.

RE: You know a program has issues when.... by segosa on 04-26-2006 at 06:15 AM

Thanks for your kind words, but the adware is optional. Your "girlfriend" chose to install it. Go shout at her, not us.

RE: You know a program has issues when.... by Funness on 04-26-2006 at 06:31 AM

It is easy to remove, uninstall MSGPlus! and it will go with it. You can then choose to reinstall without the adware. This is simple.

RE: You know a program has issues when.... by qgroessl on 04-26-2006 at 12:10 PM

Or just get over the fact that the programmer that makes MsgPlus! needs to make money... So he puts an optional adware in his program that mostly noobs install cause they don't read the installer... But then there are a few people who do install it on purpose to get him money... I'm pretty sure you don't even have to completely uninstall msgplus to get rid of it anymore... I think you can just uninstall the msgplus! Sponsor.

RE: You know a program has issues when.... by Sunshine on 04-26-2006 at 12:22 PM

I think you couldn't uninstall the sponsor properly because your Anti Spy/Adware program deleted parts of it. And i do understand your frustration when it won't uninstall but instead of yelling at us give this lil piece of advice a chance:
- Exit/disable your AV/Anti spy/adware program temporarily
- Install Plus! with sponsor
- Immediately uninstall (sponsor only if you wish) and follow instructions carefully
- Reboot to make sure every leftover is gone and enable your AV/Anti Spy/Adware prog again (if it didn't already on reboot).

Now feel free to give Plus! another try, and remember the sponsor is optional...if not selected "yes install sponsor" then it will only install Plus!.

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
I'm pretty sure you don't even have to completely uninstall msgplus to get rid of it anymore... I think you can just uninstall the msgplus! Sponsor.
True, but that will only be successful if the sponsor uninstaller hasn't been cripled by anti ad/spyware programs already. Hence why in this case i advice to reinstall with sponsor beforehand ;)