Shoutbox

messengers temp folder for transfered files? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: messengers temp folder for transfered files? (/showthread.php?tid=58791)

messengers temp folder for transfered files? by mdc on 04-26-2006 at 08:51 PM

hey, just wondering, when you transfer ex. an mp3, and you click it in the chat window, it gets removed - where does it go first...what is messengers temp directory? its not the temp folder right? where do the files go...

and when a transfer gets aborted - is the unfinished file really deleted or is it there somewhere to be found?
(WHEN will they invent the resume function for file transfers :@)

RE: messengers temp folder for transfered files? by user27089 on 04-26-2006 at 08:59 PM

It gets deleted completely from the computer, end of story.

RE: messengers temp folder for transfered files? by Plik on 04-26-2006 at 08:59 PM

By default all transfered files go in My Documents\My received files\
And you can change this in the File transfer tab of the messenger preferences.
The file shouldn't be deleted after you open it from the chat window either :-/

quote:
Originally posted by mdc
and when a transfer gets aborted - is the unfinished file really deleted or is it there somewhere to be found?
I think it is deleted, but i'm not 100% sure :P
RE: RE: messengers temp folder for transfered files? by mdc on 04-26-2006 at 09:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
It gets deleted completely from the computer, end of story.

OK, that sucks...
RE: messengers temp folder for transfered files? by RaceProUK on 04-27-2006 at 06:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mdc
what is messengers temp directory?
It could be any of a number of places: any of the Windows temp folders, the IE temp folder, a random temp folder, the destination folder... almost anywhere.